Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1592, John Davis the English explorer discovers The Falkland Islands.
    Top again mate.
     🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    It’s partly due to I started it but I no longer can use my work PC for CL and our PC at home broke a couple of years ago and not yet been replaced. So virtually all my CL stuff is currently done by phone. If I need to type anything substantial, do any fiddly stuff like links etc, I have to to the library at lunchtime, which isn’t possible for me to do too regularly. 

Hopefully ill I’ll be able to get a new pc for home soon and start inputting to the site more than current. 
    I can help in this direction mate, is there a position available as a Moderator?
    You could always sort him out a decent secondhand PC from your shop!
    Being..
  • Options
    edited March 2019
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:t
    It’s partly due to I started it but I no longer can use my work PC for CL and our PC at home broke a couple of years ago and not yet been replaced. So virtually all my CL stuff is currently done by phone. If I need to type anything substantial, do any fiddly stuff like links etc, I have to to the library at lunchtime, which isn’t possible for me to do too regularly. 

Hopefully ill I’ll be able to get a new pc for home soon and start inputting to the site more than current. 
    You told us you work in IT, Shirley you should fix your home PC??

hint-turn it off and on again
    AFKA is named Shirley. 
    Who would of guessed 
    I thought the reason why AFKA wore high heels was because he was vertically challenged.
  • Options

so was my survey which was deleted without explanation,deleted from the library in a fit of lunchtime rage?? absolute disgrace!!!
    Maybe that’s why you placed a misleading post a few days back in this thread suggesting there were takeover talks in progress and that the next two or three days were crucial/critical.....or words to that effect.
    I’m still puzzled why you did that mate?
    My apologise SoundAsa£ was being sarcastic which isnt like me,i blame jim white,have since heard RedBull are back in the frame
  • Options

so was my survey which was deleted without explanation,deleted from the library in a fit of lunchtime rage?? absolute disgrace!!!
    Maybe that’s why you placed a misleading post a few days back in this thread suggesting there were takeover talks in progress and that the next two or three days were crucial/critical.....or words to that effect.
    I’m still puzzled why you did that mate?
    My apologise SoundAsa£ was being sarcastic which isnt like me,i blame jim white,have since heard RedBull are back in the frame
    Good of you to explain mate, much appreciated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The way things are going, if this takeover isnt sorted soon there’ll be civil war...just saying 
  • Options
    The way things are going, if this takeover isnt sorted soon there’ll be civil war...just saying 
    On the drink already?
  • Options
    On the drink already?
    Not until 1715...unless I fancy a pint around 1230
  • Options

To continue the hipspeak, what does ‘just saying’ even mean?
  • Options
    edited March 2019

"Just saying"

A. Verbal shrug.

B. It's none of my business anyway.

C. To emphasize a point that was raised earlier.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

'Just saying' often (not so much in this case) used to insincerely soften the impact of some vicious personal slight.
    As if to imply that the brickbat might be someone else's opinion, the speaker being both sly and spineless.

Generally it's about as useful and well considered as 'IMO' or worse 'IMHO' - yes we know it's your opinion - we can see and hear you saying it!  As for humble FFS always the antithesis of humility.  All often heard/read in clauses commenced with the clangingly redundant "So..."

• Options
    'Rant Over' is by far the worst. 
  • Options
    On the drink already?
    Not until 1715...unless I fancy a pint around 1230
    Rather you than me. I’m not waiting 123 pages until the next pint!
  • Options
    I’m getting tired with all this lethargy. Has anybody heard a whisper or an outright load of bollocks that can cheer this thread up? Come on those ITK get your bollocks out for the life (metaphorically speaking). 🧐
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now it was a month ago any idea who the banker was? Deal or no deal one?
  • Options
    I see Parliament is discussing the eight takeover options today
  • Options
    I see Parliament is discussing the eight takeover options today
    Can we possibly persuade them to add a last minute 9th.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

'Just saying' often (not so much in this case) used to insincerely soften the impact of some vicious personal slight.
    As if to imply that the brickbat might be someone else's opinion, the speaker being both sly and spineless.

Generally it's about as useful and well considered as 'IMO' or worse 'IMHO' - yes we know it's your opinion - we can see and hear you saying it!  As for humble FFS always the antithesis of humility.  All often heard/read in clauses commenced with the clangingly redundant "So..."

I always thought IMHO was 'in my honest opinion', so visiting the takeover thread hasn't been a complete waste of time.
  • Options
    PLEASE.... does anyone have any positive info!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!