Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Rudders22 said:

and didn't evven have the courtesy to come over to England... EFL should have insisted he came over...

Where does it say they didn’t?
    lookk at Henry Irving's post a few messages up.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Is the meeting still going ahead this Wednesday Rick and why did they need to go to Belgium (I assume) to have a meeting with him? Is he scared not to attend Wednesday and has bottled it or is De Truck attending?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

WTF??? Wasn't it supposed to be a joint meeting between EFL, Roland and CAST Trust. What a suprise and shambles. We will never ever ever git rid of him all the time I am alive.

No, two separate meetings.
    Rudders22 said:

and didn't evven have the courtesy to come over to England... EFL should have insisted he came over...

Says not in London, not England.

Might have been at Ebbsfleet International as easy for both to reach or very reluctantly the EFL staff took an expenses paid trip to Belgium. Not sure the location really matters other than to show that the mountain went to Mohammed, peace be upon his name.
  • Options

Roland Duchatelet has met the EFL, have now confirmed. Meeting did not take place in London. #cafc
    Have they released a statement then ??
  • Options
    Trust meeting all set to go ahead. Always EFL intention to hold two separate meetings.
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

WTF??? Wasn't it supposed to be a joint meeting between EFL, Roland and CAST Trust. What a suprise and shambles. We will never ever ever git rid of him all the time I am alive.

No, two separate meetings.
    Rudders22 said:

Says not in London, not England.

Might have been at Ebbsfleet International as easy for both to reach or very reluctantly the EFL staff took an expenses paid trip to Belgium. Not sure the location really matters other than to show that the mountain went to Mohammed, peace be upon his name.
    Fair does Ben, that's calmed me down a little bit as I thought it was going to be a meeeting with all 3. Just want him out !!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Personally I think it does matter if the meeting took place in Belgium, not hugely but enough.

Remember when KR went to Belgium to "try and get a meeting" with RD? Didn't KR also meet RD in Belgium when appointed manager? Also didn't PV also go out of his way to try and meet with RD before it was cancelled?

Yes, RD has an empire to run but if he's made the EFL come to him he'll think he can just brush off the nature of the meeting making people come to him all the time. At least even if going to St Pancras or somewhere in the country it means RD won't have everything on his own terms and might make him take the meeting more seriously and not something he can just brush off and return to his bunker while the EFL are waiting for the next Eurostar home.
  • Options

Trust meeting all set to go ahead. Always EFL intention to hold two separate meetings.

Do you know if the same EFL representative is attending both meetings?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Personally I think it does matter if the meeting took place in Belgium, not hugely but enough.

Remember when KR went to Belgium to "try and get a meeting" with RD? Didn't KR also meet RD in Belgium when appointed manager? Also didn't PV also go out of his way to try and meet with RD before it was cancelled?

Yes, RD has an empire to run but if he's made the EFL come to him he'll think he can just brush off the nature of the meeting making people come to him all the time. At least even if going to St Pancras or somewhere in the country it means RD won't have everything on his own terms and might make him take the meeting more seriously and not something he can just brush off and return to his bunker while the EFL are waiting for the next Eurostar home.

KR met Roland in France before being appointed Manager.
  • Options

KR met Roland in France before being appointed Manager.
    I thought it was common knowledge that "The President" nipped in a the last minute and persuaded robbo to come to us rather go to PSG. ;)
  • Options
    Mark Curry on The One Show Tonight. He hasn't mentioned buying us yet.... Still time though.
  • Options

Mark Curry on The One Show Tonight. He hasn't mentioned buying us yet.... Still time though.

Que ?
  • Options
    Who the f is Mark Curry?
  • Options
    Yep - Don't get too excited - was just a bit of fun. As Fumbluff says it refers to something way back in this thread.
  • Options

Yep - Don't get too excited - was just a bit of fun. As Fumbluff says it refers to something way back in this thread.

I don’t think you read the earlier posts thoroughly enough. Suggest you go back and give them another try.
    Don’t forget his NDA will have prevented him disclosing it to Alex Jones and Matt Baker
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I don’t think you read the earlier posts thoroughly enough. Suggest you go back and give them another try.
    Don’t forget his NDA will have prevented him disclosing it to Alex Jones and Matt Baker
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQt6NmOKzYw

• Options

Who the f is Mark Curry?

Ruby's Brother
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fumbluff said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQt6NmOKzYw

You’re not taking this seriously now are you?
    Like if you agree or press Like if you disagree?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Who the f is Mark Curry?

Ruby's B7rother
    shirty5 said:

Who the f is Mark Curry?

Ruby's Brother
    shirty5 said:

Who the f is Mark Curry?

Ruby's Brother
    Ruby's brother is surely our ex-chairman?

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

You have to go back about 1,000 pages for the Mark Curry rumours, he was heading up the first consortium with Yvette Fielding

Yeah, how do you do that? Scroll back say hundreds of pages without doing it a page at a time?

I think there was a Dr JJ Goodfortune (Nigeria) takeover rumour on or around page 1085 and I never got to see what happened subsequently.
  • Options
    I see that Paul Allen has died - he would have been the sort of billionaire I'd like to have seen take us over.
  • Options

I see that Paul Allen has died - he would have been the sort of billionaire I'd like to have seen take us over.

+1
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Who the f is Mark Curry?

Ice skater, Olympic gold medalist, I think?
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

You have to go back about 1,000 pages for the Mark Curry rumours, he was heading up the first consortium with Yvette Fielding

Yeah, how do you do that? Scroll back say hundreds of pages without doing it a page at a time?

I think there was a Dr JJ Goodfortune (Nigeria) takeover rumour on or around page 1085 and I never got to see what happened subsequently.
    Use the search facility, top right corner.
  • Options
    Rich Crawley on Twitter: "Had confirmation that Roland Duchatelet has met EFL to discuss #cafc situation. Meeting didn't take place in London. Says plenty that @EFL press office not come back on the subject since I asked them question yesterday afternoon."

Not sure what it says other than we're still f@*#$d!
  • Options
    I see the Crown Prince is being linked with a bid for Man U. Share price went higher in the States on the back of the speculation.
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

Use the search facility, top right corner.
    Thanks @coveredend - I found what I was looking for but earlier than page 1085.
    It was a very simple offer viz:

Hello and top of the evening to you my Charlton friends.

My name is Dr. Ju Ju Goodfortune and I was former director of football in my homeland of Nigeria. I am currently reside in Switzerland Geneve.

My employers gift to me as a sign of my good works $300 Million dollars and I would do good works in football in England. I am in London for to meet Prince Harry and take tea in Tower of London with him and I would like to buy Charlton.

I need your help my friends as I cannot bring $300 Million dollars to London. I respectfully ask you to help me my friends to send me your Bank details and I will transfer the millions of dolaars to you in Swiss francs and after tea I will collect from you and we buy Charlton from the bad man you have.

Please send now to drjjgoodfortune@creditsuisse.ch
    All who send will be repaid thousands fold when the Athletic play in Premiership TV.

CARLTON TIL I DO DIE !

Well, I can't believe this didn't happen!

Clearly, not enough fans invested in the offer. A clear plan for the purchase of the Club was laid out for us and instead we foolishly held on to the drowning man's straw in the mistaken belief that Roland would sell to one of the following:
    the Aussies, the other Aussies, a British Consortium, Red Bull, Al-Hasawi, Usmanov, Mike Ashley, Mark Curry, Micky Rourke, a random passer-by or a dead billionaire.

Well, hindsight is a wonderful thing - Dr Ju Ju Goodfortune - where are you now ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!