Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Wednesday 17th.
  • Thanks for that.
  • Mike Ashley??
  • DOUCHER said:

Addickted said:

Mal said:

ross1 said:

addick100 said:

Why is no one ITK anymore? Or is there literally nothing to know?

Surely @Redhenry has a nugget of info?

Perhaps all of the ITK have been scared off by all the abuse they get when they give us some information that some do not like
    What, like posting that their contact has said " not long now" or "maybe a bit of pain for a couple more weeks but then good" or "we've not pulled out"......about 2-3 months ago.
    Devil if anything is said, devil if it is not, why have this thread if all who contribute to it are ridiculed?, nothing what anyone says on here can be taken as gospel, but there are some who have a good ear to the ground so to speak, but the trashing of those who have tried to give what they have heard has stopped many from contributing.

Look at the above posts, asking for any news, nothing, pressure applied to Jimmy Seed so much that his stories were wrong etc, helped in part in him leaving this blog. Until the fat lady sings - in this case the club itself, all the comments on here are no better - or worse than Jimmy Seed's, some of you should remember that.
    Really?

Most people who find out snippets and post on here are generally thanked for their contribution - with the possible exception of @DOUCHER who a lot thought was on a wind up for various reasons.

@jimmy seed was questioned because he kept saying multiple times the deal was all but done and he tended to overreact to any criticism, @Airman Brown has had some abuse, but from the usual characters and it's like water off a ducks back to him.

Can't remember @Redhenry or @NLA or a couple of other posters who have provided information in good faith being pressured off this board.

If you're posting sensitive information on a subject that virtually all of us are deeply involved in, then don't be surprised you get some robust questioning on the source and content of that information.
    Was never on here to wind people up but that's the way it went after some of the abuse - it was funny sometimes but to be honest the whole takeover saga has become boring and when it didn't happen in the summer I just decided to forget about it and thankfully the football is very watchable. I haven't heard anything for ages but other than the assertion that rd wouldn't be the owner this season, my info was always spot on. I guess nobody thought the Aussie deal was going to go pairs at the last.

I did
    So did I.
  • Any chance of an update on the bite size thread for those of us who've lost the will to live in this one?
  • There is nothing to add since the last one...
  • British one got to be Ashley surely

Worth picking up a copy of WSC this month. He's actually worse than Roland in terms of financial debt.

Why is that?
  • edited October 2018
    Bolton are claiming that currently they have received two bids of £30 million for their club, one from a US consortium and one from an Asian businessman based in the Middle East. Both bidders are said to have provided adequate proof of funds.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/16980952.pair-of-foreign-investors-in-30m-race-to-buy-bolton-wanderers/
  • Sponsored links:

Worth picking up a copy of WSC this month. He's actually worse than Roland in terms of financial debt.
    I'm sure Ashley has his faults, and there's no doubt that with a bit of investment Newcastle would be doing much better than they currently are. But at least whenever Newcastle have been relegated, he's spent money to ensure they get straight back up.
  • Bilko said:

Mike Ashley??

Clubs not even sold yet, the last thing on our minds should be the make of curtains
  • ...or sorry, I thought you said Laura Ashley
  • ...or sorry, I thought you said Laura Ashley

It's a poor joke mate if you have to explain it.
    And outed himself as a budding interior designer
  • Page 2??? No way Jose
  • This thread is now less important than minor royals and Thierry Henry’s presenting gigs hashtagsadface
  • Calm before the storm
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

Page 2??? No way Jose

Let it die a natural death, you would not treat a sick dog as bad as this. There is no takeover, the Aussies do not have the funds and there are no Americans waiting in the wings to step in.

Roland will still be our owner this time next year.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Page 2??? No way Jose

Let it die a natural death, you would not treat a sick dog as bad as this. There is no takeover, the Aussies do not have the funds and there are no Americans waiting in the wings to step in.

Source?
  • Redhenry said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Page 2??? No way Jose

Source?
    Many Charlton fans on this thread alone repeatedly saying "we're not worth the money".

• Roland Duchatelet has met the EFL, have now confirmed. Meeting did not take place in London. #cafc
  • WTF??? Wasn't it supposed to be a joint meeting between EFL, Roland and CAST Trust. What a suprise and shambles. We will never ever ever git rid of him all the time I am alive.
  • and didn't evven have the courtesy to come over to England... EFL should have insisted he came over...
  • edited October 2018
    What, I thought Prague was going to give RD "a bloody nose" on Wednesday.
  • Rudders22 said:

and didn't evven have the courtesy to come over to England... EFL should have insisted he came over...

Where does it say they didn’t?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!