Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Thank you it’s not me it’s someone I love very much and who is a big part of my families life ,but hey the world moves on and we still won’t be sold
  • JamesSeed said:

Fuck all this Roland has over valued the club

The bloke is a cunt proper but

It’s his money he has spent it’s his right to value it at what he wants and we know the Saudi bid was 40.5 mil now say what you want there’s the value right there

I don’t think the club is worth that but my thoughts don’t matter

Don’t buy all this bullshit from the Aussies I never have

If you want to buy us then pay the money if you don’t then fuck off

The more people that fuck off the cheaper his value is but if you have agreed a price and you’ve gone to EFL and it looks like it’s happening and doesn’t the only reason is the buyer has pulled

RD ain’t put the price up that’s not been mentioned in any leak so it’s not happened

Fact is you wanted to buy us you thought you could and now you won’t or can’t do just fuck off

Fact is you don't know anything for sure, no one really does, including your source. Let's see how it plays out, rather than telling our potential new owners to 'fuck off'.

Btw when was the Saudi bid? Values go up and down.
    What a load of shite mate the offer on the table should have been made in to a deal fuck this nonsense of values rising and going down you agree the price pay it
    You've got such a delightful way with words recently NLA. I think you need to chill.
    I think your right mate I had proper bad news today and it’s left me very angry
    Charlton related
    Or personal
    Personal mate
    Sorry to hear that NLA.
  • edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Mal said:

Rick Everitt

@airmanbrown
    21m21 minutes ago
    More
    #cafc takeover ups and downs continue. Positive news today is that the two sides are talking face to face. Sheer number of investors doing paperwork on the Aussie side seems to have caused delays, leading Duchatelet to lose patience.

Whether it goes through or not, I personally haven't had a lot of confidence in the Aussie mob since they first come on the scene

Since they first came on the scene. What made you feel that way at that time? From what I remember there wasn't a lot of information flying about at the time.
    Assuming they're the same lot who didn't have enough funds, even after they first approached, so went looking for more investors.

I have asked before on this thread if they are the same, but never had a answer.....
  • JamesSeed said:

Mal said:

Rick Everitt

@airmanbrown
    21m21 minutes ago
    More
    #cafc takeover ups and downs continue. Positive news today is that the two sides are talking face to face. Sheer number of investors doing paperwork on the Aussie side seems to have caused delays, leading Duchatelet to lose patience.

Whether it goes through or not, I personally haven't had a lot of confidence in the Aussie mob since they first come on the scene

Since they first came on the scene. What made you feel that way at that time? From what I remember there wasn't a lot of information flying about at the time.
    The website set up to find investors.
  • JamesSeed said:

Mal said:

Rick Everitt

@airmanbrown
    21m21 minutes ago
    More

Assuming they're the same lot who didn't have enough funds, even after they first approached, so went looking for more investors.

I have asked before on this thread if they are the same, but never had a answer.....
    I believe the plan has always been to do it via investors. That doesn't necessarily mean they haven't or won't have the cash. Big difference. It's not a dissimilar model to Palace.
  • Mrkinski said:

I'm beginning to think that if Douchebag remains - I need to go further than my season-ticket boycott, and move to a total boycott.

I am thinking the same.
    Me too. Sad times.
  • Love all the people saying the aussies have no money. How on earth do you know? Makes more sense that they just don't want to pay way over the top for something. Just because your rich doesn't mean you happily pay 50K for a 20K car does it?

How do you know the aussies do have the money ha e they shown it too you have you seen it if so where

I stick to my original stance the Aussies didn’t not have the money once the Greek walked

The aussies had to have the final sign off by two investors

The EFL highlighted that there were two investors with other football interests

They go

The aussies have not got the money again

End of

Muir has money no doubt but does he want to stump up the 15 mil that is now led to believe to short of the asking price

Months ago I said it matters not what any of us think the asking price should be or what the Value of the club is from a selling point

It matters what RD wants

He has been offered in excess of 40 mil so that is the value of the club £40.5 mil

The aussies beat that offer or matched it I don’t know what

Now for you offer the money and it’s agreed then you’d buy the club once the EFL process is complete

EFL is complete and yet we will get spill and spin from all sides over whose fault it is that it’s not completed

If there were these issues with things previous to RD then why go to EFL before they were resolved

Reason being they were not an issue for anyone at that point

The EFL tell the aussies it’s green to go but these two can’t be involved

RD deadline is tomorrow or he needs to plan for season ahead without a sale

Aussies as of yet have not found investors to cover short Fall so deal in jeopardy

That’s my take on it

It's what I think is most likely as well.
  • JamesSeed said:

Mal said:

Rick Everitt

@airmanbrown
    21m21 minutes ago
    More

I believe the plan has always been to do it via investors. That doesn't necessarily mean they haven't or won't have the cash. Big difference. It's not a dissimilar model to Palace.
    If they came in as a ready consortium, but the way I understood it was that they were sniffing round the city, looking for anybody to come on board. Seemed a bit Heath Robinson imo
  • JamesSeed said:

Mal said:

Rick Everitt

@airmanbrown
    21m21 minutes ago
    More

Wasn't that pre Muir?
  • JamesSeed said:

Mal said:

Rick Everitt

@airmanbrown
    21m21 minutes ago
    More

If they came in as a ready consortium, but the way I understood it was that they were sniffing round the city, looking for anybody to come on board. Seemed a bit Heath Robinson imo
    I'm sure that was a previous bunch.

But we all want the same thing, and it's the same thing @blackpool72 wants.

Whatever your views on Roland, and whether you think the Aussies are spreading the risk too widely, let's just pray this saga ends soon, and we can get back to football matters, transfers and fixtures and formations.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Mal said:

Rick Everitt

@airmanbrown
    21m21 minutes ago
    More

Wasn't that pre Muir?
    The clue was "since they first come on the scene" which was pre-Muir. It's the same consortium, I imagine several people have joined since then.
  • Why would Lee Bower be so keen on continuing , Roly is just selling any assets , as in Konsa , Bauer maybe on his way , we have two young lads facing trail possibly
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Mal said:

Rick Everitt

@airmanbrown
    21m21 minutes ago
    More

Wasn't that pre Muir?
    The clue was "since they first come on the scene" which was pre-Muir. It's the same consortium, I imagine several people have joined since then.
    I only asked.
  • edited June 2018
    I only answered, you're real touchy about this takeover stuff, eh.
  • Love all the people saying the aussies have no money. How on earth do you know? Makes more sense that they just don't want to pay way over the top for something. Just because your rich doesn't mean you happily pay 50K for a 20K car does it?

How do you know the aussies do have the money ha e they shown it too you have you seen it if so where

I stick to my original stance the Aussies didn’t not have the money once the Greek walked

The aussies had to have the final sign off by two investors

The EFL highlighted that there were two investors with other football interests

They go

The aussies have not got the money again

End of

Muir has money no doubt but does he want to stump up the 15 mil that is now led to believe to short of the asking price

Months ago I said it matters not what any of us think the asking price should be or what the Value of the club is from a selling point

It matters what RD wants

He has been offered in excess of 40 mil so that is the value of the club £40.5 mil

The aussies beat that offer or matched it I don’t know what

Now for you offer the money and it’s agreed then you’d buy the club once the EFL process is complete

EFL is complete and yet we will get spill and spin from all sides over whose fault it is that it’s not completed

If there were these issues with things previous to RD then why go to EFL before they were resolved

Reason being they were not an issue for anyone at that point

The EFL tell the aussies it’s green to go but these two can’t be involved

RD deadline is tomorrow or he needs to plan for season ahead without a sale

Aussies as of yet have not found investors to cover short Fall so deal in jeopardy

That’s my take on it

Very possible but relies on the info Colin posted being accurate. He was right about Brentford being after Konsa.

Really hope something happens either way. We can’t keep waiting for them, whoever’s at fault (which may be both sides).
  • Why would Lee Bower be so keen on continuing , Roly is just selling any assets , as in Konsa , Bauer maybe on his way , we have two young lads facing trail possibly

Because he wants the job full time?
  • Fridays a perfect day for a takeover, so hopefully we'll find out summin tomorrow
  • DOUCHER said:

Just hope the konsa sale and bowyer announcement is indeed the actions that convince the aussies that rd won't reduce on the price agreed - I have a feeling it may just happen now - ultimately, if muir is that rich and wants it to happen, it will, otherwise it's been a waste of time. I feel more confident it's about to happen than at any other time

Let's hope you are right mate
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Mal said:

Rick Everitt

@airmanbrown
    21m21 minutes ago
    More

Wasn't that pre Muir?
    As per a few hundred pages back

That’s

Del Boy, Boycie, Mike, Trigger, Uncle Albert, Rodney and it seems like Denzle and his brothers are going to have come in now as well
  • Davo55 said:

Mrkinski said:

I'm beginning to think that if Douchebag remains - I need to go further than my season-ticket boycott, and move to a total boycott.

I am thinking the same.
    Me too. Sad times.
    It is sad, but the involvement of RD was the reason why I felt that a total boycott was necessary beginning in the 16/17 season.
  • We are fucked.
  • I arrive at Heathrow at 15:20 tomorrow. Please let me turn my phone on when I land to find good news!! Please!!
  • DOUCHER said:

Just hope the konsa sale and bowyer announcement is indeed the actions that convince the aussies that rd won't reduce on the price agreed - I have a feeling it may just happen now - ultimately, if muir is that rich and wants it to happen, it will, otherwise it's been a waste of time. I feel more confident it's about to happen than at any other time

So it might be a case that willie waving between the buyer and the seller has been settled (sorry ladies but the analogy seems apt).
  • DOUCHER said:

i agree with this . Sometimes in these deals there are many ebbs and flows

• DOUCHER said:

Shock horror! A sensible, non controversial, post from @DOUCHER. Hope you are right!
  • Ok ill broker the dal.

Redhenry’s Saudis chuck him £50m cash. Roland goes off and buys a massive pile of cocaine and smiles into the sunset.

The Saudis have played a brilliant poker face from the start and will plough money into us like nobody’s busineess because they know exactly what our potential is.

40k stadium within 2 years and the training ground is doubled in size.

And then I wake up and realised I’ve pissed the bed and the club are still a clusterfuck
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!