Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Eh? The vendor is without doubt a Belgian.

If he is not involved in finalising or negotiating any deal, there is zero chance of anything being finished.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Also posted on the card thread.

Airmen - are you planning to send a copy of the statement to JW and ask him how / who gave him the statement that we were days away from athe sale, this dosnt stack up. I think he needs to go back to his contact get an explanation and put it out on his show for all to hear.

It does stack up. As the EFL themselves said, if the information is provided and is satisfactory things can move very quickly.

Apart from JW’s source, there was an expectation on the part of the club that it was about to happen at the turn of the year. The fact it didn’t get as far as the EFL doesn’t change the fact that other people - with every reason to know - thought it was about to happen
    It does appear that whoever the source is feeding yourself, Jim White, Richard Murray and 'other people with every reason to know' information is talking complete shit.
    Except that they might not be. We don’t really know.
    Right-o.

Richard Murray said it would be done by March.....that's March 2018.

Airman famously said the deal was done.

More recently Jim White said the deal was hours a way.

I would suspect those genuinely in the midst of negotiations are few. This false info appears to be coming from a single original source. Those in the club with every reason to know are more than likely getting info again from this single source.
    Leaving us in the dark.

But isn’t Jim’s source Roland?

I thought airman said it wasn’t from Roland ? As he had seen the evidence of what white was saying

• Options
    edited January 2019
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Airmen - are you planning to send a copy of the statement to JW and ask him how / who gave him the statement that we were days away from athe sale, this dosnt stack up. I think he needs to go back to his contact get an explanation and put it out on his show for all to hear.

It does stack up. As the EFL themselves said, if the information is provided and is satisfactory things can move very quickly.

Apart from JW’s source, there was an expectation on the part of the club that it was about to happen at the turn of the year. The fact it didn’t get as far as the EFL doesn’t change the fact that other people - with every reason to know - thought it was about to happen
    It does appear that whoever the source is feeding yourself, Jim White, Richard Murray and 'other people with every reason to know' information is talking complete shit.
    Right-o.

I would suspect those genuinely in the midst of negotiations are few. This false info appears to be coming from a single original source. Those in the club with every reason to know are more than likely getting info again from this single source.
    Leaving us in the dark.

JW has said clearly that Duchatalet is not his source. His information comes from elsewhere. My guess would be Mishcon de Reya.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Right-o.

Leaving us in the dark.

JW has said clearly that Duchatalet is not his source. His information comes from elsewhere.
    And is proving just as reliable as every other source on this...
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Isn't this the moment some bright bloody spark says they can't see it happening until it's confirmed what division we will be in next season ?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Right-o.

Leaving us in the dark.

JW has said clearly that Duchatalet is not his source. His information comes from elsewhere. My guess would be Mishcon de Reya.
    Yet still a load of bollocks.
  • Options

But don't you think that a problem here might be the EFL's definition of "very quickly"? I just can't see how, if documents were lacking from an Aussie deal, and had been for some time, and it was to be resolved by a new partner joining to boost the consortium's funds, that could go through within 72 hours.

You've visited the EFL now. It's not a big operation. They outsource a lot of their work for the ODT, and that team is working on other deals at any one time. I think you'd agree that there is now a certain amount of goodwill from the EFL towards us fans, but nowhere enough for them to drop all else they were doing to push this through in 48-72 hours. If I were them , I would not make any special effort, because the deal has been fannying around with them for getting on a year, and Duchatelet has been a pain in the neck to them.

@Henry Irving suggested that a deal could have been announced "subject to EFL approval", and they certainly could have done that, but I would think that would be most unwise. Th EFL would see that as loading the focus of fans on them to not hold up a deal which has held itself up for year.

Not seeking to dispute anything, and maybe I have missed something about how you viewed the info you obtained; I just wonder whether now you have evidence that nothing new has happened on the ODT, you don't accept that the timeframe being suggested for a deal being announced was highly optimistic?

• Options

I can't see it happening until we know what division we are in next season

I can. I have no more information than gleaned from here and the OS but if the unidentified blockage can be cleared then it could be done very quickly imo.

The EFL have said they could process the paperwork swiftly, LDT says the money is there, the Broker is saying it's close.

It COULD be done very soon.

That doesn't mean it WiILL be done soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    how quickly did Aston Villa's takeover get done, from memory in a couple of days, so yes things can get done very quickly.
  • Options

how quickly did Aston Villa's takeover get done, from memory in a couple of days, so yes things can get done very quickly.

Only when the asking price is within reach and the buyers actually have the fucking money in the first place.

Or the Aussies have been gazumped by the Brits in some way, and they were a bit further behind in things.
  • Options
    #TeamWIOTOS
  • Options

Yes, the EFL used them as an example of how it can happen very quickly if the evidence is available.
  • Options

But don't you think that a problem here might be the EFL's definition of "very quickly"? I just can't see how, if documents were lacking from an Aussie deal, and had been for some time, and it was to be resolved by a new partner joining to boost the consortium's funds, that could go through within 72 hours.

You've visited the EFL now. It's not a big operation. They outsource a lot of their work for the ODT, and that team is working on other deals at any one time. I think you'd agree that there is now a certain amount of goodwill from the EFL towards us fans, but nowhere enough for them to drop all else they were doing to push this through in 48-72 hours. If I were them , I would not make any special effort, because the deal has been fannying around with them for getting on a year, and Duchatelet has been a pain in the neck to them.

@Henry Irving suggested that a deal could have been announced "subject to EFL approval", and they certainly could have done that, but I would think that would be most unwise. Th EFL would see that as loading the focus of fans on them to not hold up a deal which has held itself up for year.

Not seeking to dispute anything, and maybe I have missed something about how you viewed the info you obtained; I just wonder whether now you have evidence that nothing new has happened on the ODT, you don't accept that the timeframe being suggested for a deal being announced was highly optimistic?

I’ve said before that I think JW overplayed the story, but I don’t think he was talking about EFL approval at all because his source was telling him the nature of the people involved made that no problem - as indeed the EFL suggested had applied with Villa.

Neither the 2010 takeover nor the 2014 was held up by the EFL. They both happened quickly, despite happening over Christmas and New Year, with public holidays intervening and most staff probably away.

On your point about Duchatelet, they are very keen to resolve the problem - whether for their own reasons or ours - so I don’t see them taking their time in order to be difficult.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Right-o.

Leaving us in the dark.

Pretty sure JW said it was from a broker or the Aussie side.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Only when the asking price is within reach and the buyers actually have the fucking money in the first place.

Or the Aussies have been gazumped by the Brits in some way, and they were a bit further behind in things.
    What Brits? I honestly believe that's just made up.
  • Options

Yes, the EFL used them as an example of how it can happen very quickly if the evidence is available.
    Evidence = proof of funds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Or origin of funds.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Airmen - are you planning to send a copy of the statement to JW and ask h

Right-o.

I would suspect those genuinely in the midst of negotiations are few. This false info a.
    Leaving us in the dark.

I thought airman said it wasn’t from Roland ? As he had seen the evidence of what white was saying

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Right-o.

Leaving us in the dark.

Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Right-o.

Leaving us in the dark.

Yet still a load of bollocks.

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Right-o.

Leaving us in the dark.

Pretty sure JW said it was from a broker or the Aussie side.
    Yup, the broker (probably Keith Harris). I’d forgotten that.

GM has gone totally silent these last two weeks which is unusual. We normally at least discuss the football.
    I’m hoping that’s a good sign.

It’s happening! possible that something might happen!

• Options
    Origin of funds very likely given the spivs previous smoke and mirrors scheme not getting picked up
  • Options
    Next marker is the end of the transfer window.
    Once we get there under Roland what would make a purchaser buy at that point?
  • Options

I’ve said before that I think JW overplayed the story, but I don’t think he was talking about EFL approval at all because his source was telling him the nature of the people involved made that no problem - as indeed the EFL suggested had applied with Villa.

Neither the 2010 takeover nor the 2014 was held up by the EFL. They both happened quickly, despite happening over Christmas and New Year, with public holidays intervening and most staff probably away.

On your point about Duchatelet, they are very keen to resolve the problem - whether for their own reasons or ours - so I don’t see them taking their time in order to be difficult.
    On that point, though...the ODT has been significantly strengthened since then, and people still question whether it is strong enough. So while I don't suggest the EFL would be difficult -the opposite is true - they are still going to take a lot of care. Not least because Harvey has a monstrous salary, an easy target for journalists. Paradoxically because we have been successful in getting RD's appalling ownership on the national agenda - with other fans often conceding he is among the top 3 worst - the EFL will want to make sure that there is no blowback on them if the next lot -whoever they are - quickly turn out to be charlatans and chancers too.

I really don't know, but if it would be a case of a new consortium member adding to the existing members, and bringing with him/her the new funds which might be needed, I would reckon they'd need two weeks to rubber-stamp that, certainly no less, and also depending on what else the ODT team is working on at the time.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

On that point, though...the ODT has been significantly strengthened since then, and people still question whether it is strong enough. So while I don't suggest the EFL would be difficult -the opposite is true - they are still going to take a lot of care. Not least because Harvey has a monstrous salary, an easy target for journalists. Paradoxically because we have been successful in getting RD's appalling ownership on the national agenda - with other fans often conceding he is among the top 3 worst - the EFL will want to make sure that there is no blowback on them if the next lot -whoever they are - quickly turn out to be charlatans and chancers too.

I really don't know, but if it would be a case of a new consortium member adding to the existing members, and bringing with him/her the new funds which might be needed, I would reckon they'd need two weeks to rubber-stamp that, certainly no less, and also depending on what else the ODT team is working on at the time.
    Suppose it’s an established investment fund, for example? The EFL’s quoted example yesterday (not specific to Charlton) was a billionaire, which they said would take no time at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    seth plum said:

Next marker is the end of the transfer window.
    Once we get there under Roland what would make a purchaser buy at that point?

Assuming the purchase price agreed/accepted valuation is £x for a League 1 club then it's reasonable to assume that the purchase price would be £x+ for a Championship club. A gamble for any prospective purchaser.

Putting that aside, there are other reasons why you would buy a club in for example February or March, not least to prepare the ground - investment strategy, understanding costs and determining how best to structure the non-playing side (chaotic/non-existent at the moment), season-ticket sales etc... in readiness for the new season. Six months preparation is better than two months!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Or origin of funds.
    Quite.

I'm sure the EFL/FA/PL pay as much attention to origin of funds to clubs like Man City.
  • Options

Or origin of funds.
    Or (lack of) criminal record ? On second thoughts that may be compulsory !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!