Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    It all feels like it’s back off the boil again but what will we all talk about once old brown-teeth eventually heads out of town (NB either via a sale or via nature)
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

It all feels like it’s back off the boil again but what will we all talk about once old brown-teeth eventually heads out of town (NB either via a sale or via nature)

Well either have those weird threads where everyone is happy and excited or there will be a 'Bowyer out' movement which will be the newest cause of civil war.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .
    We have some proper lame fans, all deferential to Roly cos we’ve won a few games

That’s unfair. You cannot call fans lame for wanting to forgot the off field problems and concentrate on what could be a good season on the pitch.

Those defending him I don’t agree with, but some fans want to watch us win games and care little about the ownership issues, that doesn’t make them any less a fan.
    I disagree, of course it does, if you dont care about the clubs fortunes and only the teams fortune, then, at some point you wont have a club left to support.
    Sorry I don't agree. I accept people need to care about the long term future of the club. But do you believe Roland will allow us to go into administration? I don't, so although he isn't backing the club nor is he good for the club, I would still prefer us to get promotion under him then stay in League 1 under new owners.

So for me supporting the team and getting good results in the priority at this moment in time. If that makes me a 'lame' fan then so be it.
    bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

Too many here would watch their mrs get shagged by the boss for 4 years and then when the boss has stopped shagging her and is just being a normal boss they would say oh it’s all ok now hes not doing anything wrong now .
    We have some proper lame fans, all deferential to Roly cos we’ve won a few games

That’s unfair. You cannot call fans lame for wanting to forgot the off field problems and concentrate on what could be a good season on the pitch.

Those defending him I don’t agree with, but some fans want to watch us win games and care little about the ownership issues, that doesn’t make them any less a fan.
    Agreed, but it doesn't make them any less short-sighted. What will their reaction be when all our best players leave because they are out of contract? This situation will arise even if we are promoted. This embarrassing takeover business must be sorted ASAP.
    Totally agree, but they are two different issues. Some fans prefer not to worry about things they have no control over. I don't think it is fair to say they are any less fans then those who spend their lives depressing over the fact that Roland is our owner.
    It's just as well that some fans do worry about things they have no control over otherwise we might still be playing at shithurst.
    @bobmunro nails it......not to mention the Belgium protesters, those that produced all the 'protest' items and all the protesters that gave up their time behind the main stand...but hey as long as you can just come and support the team thats all right.
    The protests were designed to get Roland out of the club. Last time I checked he was still the owner...
    last time i checked he was 72 hours from selling...
    And had finally admitted that the club was for sale. The protests worked.
    They haven’t been as successful as hoped because he is still our owner.
    They still worked.

I don't think anyone thought that one protest or one trip to Belguim would make him sell for £1 to the next bidder.

I said many years ago we had no knock out punch and that we had to keep jabbing away to wear him down and that is just what the protests, the publicity, etc etc did hence we are within sight of what we wanted, a sale.

The protests worked.
    Possibly, I don't think we will ever know exactly how much of an effect they had. They obviously contributed but I doubt Roland will ever reveal exactly what impact they had.

As for being within sight, we were told this over 12 months ago. As I said, he is still here.
    Of course he won't. He won't reveal it to himself, His ego will ensure that. However here is a cold hard fact for you. Although RD has said he is finished with football, there are no signs whatever of him actually selling his stake in either Alcorcon or Ujpest, or his part share of Jena. It means that Charlton join Standard as the only two clubs he is actually getting out of, or has already done so. Some people may say he also sold STVV, but this isn't true in practice. He owns the stadium and infrastructure, and his baleful physical presence can regularly be observed there. What Charlton have in common with Standard is that both sets of fans, in their distinctively different ways, made it abundantly clear to him that his ownership was unappreciated. This lack of appreciation extended to the football world, where he is widely held in contempt by the ownerships of the other clubs. It seems to me beyond doubt that the protests are what has brought him to his decision to sell these two clubs. If you study RD's personal history, especially his failed attempt to get into politics you can discern a need to be loved and appreciated by the "masses". The Standard and Charlton fans have made it abundantly clear to him that he is not appreciated, but held in universal contempt. Without the protests this would not be clear to him at all.

I'm not sure the STTV fans have ever been especially anti Roland. While they might not like him, the team has been relatively successful during the time he's been involved, currently 6th in the top flight, which seems to have dampened any protests there.

Indeed it's fair to say that of all his clubs Charlton have easily been the least successful on the pitch, the one where he got it most wrong. Of course this isn't the only problem with his ownership, but if we had stayed in the Championship for the last 4 years, a lot more people would have "reluctantly accepted him".
  • Options

Well either have those weird threads where everyone is happy and excited or there will be a 'Bowyer out' movement which will be the newest cause of civil war.

Yeah, the racist bastard!
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

I disagree, of course it does, if you dont care about the clubs fortunes and only the teams fortune, then, at some point you wont have a club left to support.
    Sorry I don't agree. I accept people need to care about the long term future of the club. But do you believe Roland will allow us to go into administration? I don't, so although he isn't backing the club nor is he good for the club, I would still prefer us to get promotion under him then stay in League 1 under new owners.

So for me supporting the team and getting good results in the priority at this moment in time. If that makes me a 'lame' fan then so be it.
    bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

Agreed, but it doesn't make them any less short-sighted. What will their reaction be when all our best players leave because they are out of contract? This situation will arise even if we are promoted. This embarrassing takeover business must be sorted ASAP.
    Totally agree, but they are two different issues. Some fans prefer not to worry about things they have no control over. I don't think it is fair to say they are any less fans then those who spend their lives depressing over the fact that Roland is our owner.
    It's just as well that some fans do worry about things they have no control over otherwise we might still be playing at shithurst.
    @bobmunro nails it......not to mention the Belgium protesters, those that produced all the 'protest' items and all the protesters that gave up their time behind the main stand...but hey as long as you can just come and support the team thats all right.
    The protests were designed to get Roland out of the club. Last time I checked he was still the owner...
    They still worked.

I don't think anyone thought that one protest or one trip to Belguim would make him sell for £1 to the next bidder.

I said many years ago we had no knock out punch and that we had to keep jabbing away to wear him down and that is just what the protests, the publicity, etc etc did hence we are within sight of what we wanted, a sale.

The protests worked.
    Possibly, I don't think we will ever know exactly how much of an effect they had. They obviously contributed but I doubt Roland will ever reveal exactly what impact they had.

As for being within sight, we were told this over 12 months ago. As I said, he is still here.
    Of course he won't. He won't reveal it to himself, His ego will ensure that. However here is a cold hard fact for you. Although RD has said he is finished with football, there are no signs whatever of him actually selling his stake in either Alcorcon or Ujpest, or his part share of Jena. It means that Charlton join Standard as the only two clubs he is actually getting out of, or has already done so. Some people may say he also sold STVV, but this isn't true in practice. He owns the stadium and infrastructure, and his baleful physical presence can regularly be observed there. What Charlton have in common with Standard is that both sets of fans, in their distinctively different ways, made it abundantly clear to him that his ownership was unappreciated. This lack of appreciation extended to the football world, where he is widely held in contempt by the ownerships of the other clubs. It seems to me beyond doubt that the protests are what has brought him to his decision to sell these two clubs. If you study RD's personal history, especially his failed attempt to get into politics you can discern a need to be loved and appreciated by the "masses". The Standard and Charlton fans have made it abundantly clear to him that he is not appreciated, but held in universal contempt. Without the protests this would not be clear to him at all.

I'm not sure the STTV fans have ever been especially anti Roland. While they might not like him, the team has been relatively successful during the time he's been involved, currently 6th in the top flight, which seems to have dampened any protests there.

Indeed it's fair to say that of all his clubs Charlton have easily been the least successful on the pitch, the one where he got it most wrong. Of course this isn't the only problem with his ownership, but if we had stayed in the Championship for the last 4 years, a lot more people would have "reluctantly accepted him".
    He doesn't own STTV anymore which may explain why they are doing well
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

They still worked.

The protests worked.

He still owns the ground and infrastructure though as Prague was saying, it was only a partial exit
  • Options
    Would be interested to know when the next 72 hour countdown is going to start ... This thread needs another kickstart
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

They still worked.

The protests worked.

Why bother selling any part of STTV if it wasn't to get out of football.

He may have sold Liege because he had to.

He may not have sold other clubs because they are 'successful' or not costing him money.

I don't think we can ignore FFP and relegation, etc as factors, after all in terms of the pyramid, the English league must have been his focus due to the return on Premier League entry, but more likely in his case the premium on production of English players - hence his investment in the Training Ground. So FFP combining with an abject failure of his 'economic' approach which couldn't address the demands of the English Leagues, surely must be an overwhelming factor?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

They still worked.

The protests worked.

He may not have sold other clubs because they are 'successful' or not costing him money.

I don't think we can ignore FFP and relegation, etc as factors, after all in terms of the pyramid, the English league must have been his focus due to the return on Premier League entry, but more likely in his case the premium on production of English players - hence his investment in the Training Ground. So FFP combining with an abject failure of his 'economic' approach which couldn't address the demands of the English Leagues, surely must be an overwhelming factor?
    What investment was that? He's done next to nothing at the Training Ground despite Meire promising it would be finished last year.

It is at least two years away from completion and about 10% done
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

@JamesSeed is your contact still involved?

@Airman Brown do you have any new information?

I just want a morsel to keep me from starving.

Dazzler21 said:

@JamesSeed is your contact still involved?

@Airman Brown do you have any new information?

I just want a morsel to keep me from starving.

I assume so. He'd tell me if it's off.

But I predicted tomorrow would be the date the club was sold, which tells you how much I know.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

They still worked.

The protests worked.

Not the feeling I got whilst having several conversations with their fans on all of my six visits to St Truiden. Even some of the staff in The Stayen could not stand him.

However, he is the major player in town and a lot of people there are employed by him. This makes it difficult for a lot of them to be able to visibly protest over his ownership.

In St Truiden, rather than protests, the lack of obvious positive support for Duchatalet, speaks volumes.
    I concur.

• Options
    edited January 2019

razil said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

They still worked.

The protests worked.

What investment was that? He's done next to nothing at the Training Ground despite Meire promising it would be finished last year.

Quote function issues?

• Options
    Addickted said:

razil said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

They still worked.

The protests worked.

Quote function issues?

Admin too busy counting their backhanders from Talksport to bother.
  • Options
    Perhaps they're too busy responding to the European Drainage Ditch of the year 2018 committee?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Would be interested to know when the next 72 hour countdown is going to start ... This thread needs another kickstart

I got excited the other week when really, nothing at all had changed. Now remembering Bob Whitehands 'Yawn' tweet...
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Addickted said:

razil said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

They still worked.

The protests worked.

Quote function issues?

Admin too busy counting their backhanders from Talksport to bother.

Close enough? (Yeah that'll do.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meeting on Friday.BB says
  • Options

Meeting on Friday.BB says

BB ?
  • Options
    Brian Blessed
  • Options
    Ashers said:

Brian Blessed

GORDON'S ALIVE !
  • Options
    Bill Bixby and Bonnie Bedelia confirmed as US leads in consortium....
  • Options
    Bexley Boy or Colin.
  • Options
    Just accept the fact that Shitweasel ain't selling this transfer window he will wait to see if we are promoted.
    Far more chance of getting what he wants if we are a championship club.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!