Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I had a full head of hair when this aussie takeover started,its taken that long I am now as bald as a coot
  • Options

I had a full head of hair when this aussie takeover started,its taken that long I am now as bald as a coot

Would that be a 'bandicoot'?

• Options
    My guess is the Aussies and Roland agreed a price. It was gonna go through around play offs time or sooner (done deal), then some of their investors pulled out, perhaps due to lack of promotion prospects due to post Xmas slump and then through the play offs failure?

The Aussies don't want to walk away, as they have already spent loads on their bid. The line about "efl documents" could therefore be a way of buying the Aussies time to get new investors in - it seems sufficiently vague.

If Bowyer and Jackson can maintain a promotion push then I predict it may go through with the Aussies at the end of the season, unless Roland changes his mind and wants another stab at the championship or another buyer comes in (both of which seem unlikely).

All conjecture and probably been said already in here, but that's my guess.

I just hope Roland sees the merit in strengthening the defence in January, as he has most other areas looking strong on the footballing side in my opinion.
  • Options
    Just read FF meeting review on castrust website. Makes me understand why Mr Seed has disapppeared off CL.
  • Options

My guess is the Aussies and Roland agreed a price. It was gonna go through around play offs time or sooner (done deal), then some of their investors pulled out, perhaps due to lack of promotion prospects due to post Xmas slump and then through the play offs failure?

The Aussies don't want to walk away, as they have already spent loads on their bid. The line about "efl documents" could therefore be a way of buying the Aussies time to get new investors in - it seems sufficiently vague.

If Bowyer and Jackson can maintain a promotion push then I predict it may go through with the Aussies at the end of the season, unless Roland changes his mind and wants another stab at the championship or another buyer comes in (both of which seem unlikely).

All conjecture and probably been said already in here, but that's my guess.

I just hope Roland sees the merit in strengthening the defence in January, as he has most other areas looking strong on the footballing side in my opinion.

but let's also hope nobody comes in for our players

• Options

Report of new prospective buyer from Belgium with poltical connections who has the perfect credentials for dealing with Roland.

What a bummer!
  • Options
    A watched pot never boils. As soon as everyone forgets about it, it’ll seem like it happens quickly. Stressing, analysing and worrying doesn’t help.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's got some cheek!!
  • Options
    The famous five go to the valley to buy an infamous old football team but they shout lower, lower, but the old shit weasel shouts higher higher.
    Impasse number 1314.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Here is the trust's report on the takeover discussion at the fan's forum.
    It's a more informative read than the OS.
    I still think the most likely delay is that the Aussies haven't got the funds, albeit that the agreed price, is no doubt too high.

If the Aussie consortium had the cash months ago and had agreed the price (both parties said they had agreed).
    Why hasn't the sale been completed and why are the Aussies no longer the Aussies, but are Aussies plus others ?
    https://www.castrust.org/2018/10/takeover-update-2/

I thought we more or less knew the answer to that at the time that papers were first submitted to the EFL.

I can't remember who, but a poster on here said that a contact within the EFL had told them that there was a problem with one or two of the 'Aussies' investors having interests in other clubs?

That in itself is obviously worrying as you would expect a group of business people with professional advisers to have been fully familiar with the EFL's regulations and made sure that they met before submitting the takeover for approval - but it does fit with what we've been told since about the Aussies needing to submit some 'additional documents' to the EFL and also why the 'consortium' may now be the 'Aussies plus others'.

• Options
    micks1950 said:

I still think the most likely delay is that the Aussies haven't got the funds, albeit that the agreed price, is no doubt too high.

If the Aussie consortium had the cash months ago and had agreed the price (both parties said they had agreed).
    Why hasn't the sale been completed and why are the Aussies no longer the Aussies, but are Aussies plus others ?

I thought we more or less knew the answer to that at the time that papers were first submitted to the EFL.

I can't remember who, but a poster on here said that a contact within the EFL had told them that there was a problem with one or two of the 'Aussies' investors having interests in other clubs?

That in itself is obviously worrying as you would expect a group of business people with professional advisers to have been fully familiar with the EFL's regulations and made sure that they met before submitting the takeover for approval - but it does fit with what we've been told since about the Aussies needing to submit some 'additional documents' to the EFL and also why the 'consortium' may now be the 'Aussies plus others'.

Precisely.
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

I don’t believe that to have been the case. My understanding is that the investor/s withdrew because the price didn’t stack up.
  • Options

micks1950 said:

I don’t believe that to have been the case. My understanding is that the investor/s withdrew because the price didn’t stack up.
    That would also fit with the Aussies needing to submit some 'additional documents' to the EFL, and also with the suggestion that the 'Aussies' may have been trying to renegotiate the price?

But if, as De Turck claims, the 'consortium' is now the 'Aussies plus others', that suggests that they've found some replacement investors, with the possibility that they may be prepared to meet whatever the originally 'agreed' price was (which must have been 'agreed' at some point otherwise surely the takeover wouldn't have been submitted to the EFL for approval).
  • Options
    Any takeover gossip today?
  • Options

Any takeover gossip today?

Apparently the Aussies(&pals) have faxed the EFL today stating that they will send the remaining paperwork as soon as Bum Steers loan is cancelled....
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

That in itself is obviously worrying as you would expect a group of business people with professional advisers to have been fully familiar with the EFL's regulations and made sure that they met before submitting the takeover for approval
    - but it does fit with what we've been told since about the Aussies needing to submit some 'additional documents' to the EFL and also why the 'consortium' may now be the 'Aussies plus others'.

Earlier this season I heard an interview with, I believe, the Eastleigh CEO (?) about their former owner who purchased Sunderland. The EFL were unhappy because, although he had sold the club completely, in order to prevent a difficult financial situation for Eastleigh, he wanted to remain responsible for paying the contracts of recently purchased players. This wasn't a third party ownership issue and he wanted no control over the players or club but the EFL would not allow it.

Maybe 'ownership' is a little more complicated than we imagine.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Anus? He’d probably give owning the club a good crack.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was ready to be finalised but Steer kicked it half a yard short of Pearce so they called it off.
  • Options

micks1950 said:

are you saying Airman that the aussies have withdrawn there offer as far as you know ?
  • Options

micks1950 said:

are you saying Airman that the aussies have withdrawn there offer as far as you know ?
    Anyone still give a shit?
    Spot. On.
  • Options

micks1950 said:

I’m saying that an individual or individuals were unwilling to proceed, rather than being disqualified, so the assumption is they needed to be replaced within the consortium.
  • Options

micks1950 said:

I’m saying that an individual or individuals were unwilling to proceed, rather than being disqualified, so the assumption is they needed to be replaced within the consortium.
    Or some may say the consortium ain’t got the money

Same thing I spose

I will go back and duck for cover
    The whole consortium thing has always been a mystery, especially as it now apparently contains non Aussies which somewhat dilutes that whole "Aussie club in England" idea
  • Options
    Scoham said:

micks1950 said:

Or some may say the consortium ain’t got the money

Same thing I spose

I will go back and duck for cover
    Unwilling to proceed - wouldn’t pay the unrealistic asking price.

So if those members have been replaced maybe they have the money again.

The group could either be negotiating the price or are waiting RD to lower it.

I think there’s more to it than just having or not having the money.
    If "having the money" is roughly the equivalent to "have consortium members who are individually and collectively wealthy enough to buy the club outright", then they clearly, and obviously "have the money".
  • Options

micks1950 said:

At what stage in the process do you understand that an individual or individuals were unwilling to proceed because the price didn’t stack up, and so pulled out of the consortium?

As mentioned above, a price must have been 'agreed' within the consortium and with Duchatelet at some point - otherwise surely the takeover wouldn't have been submitted to the EFL for approval in June?

The Club claimed in their July 12th statement:

"Around one month ago, the first document was lodged with the EFL but not all required documents have yet been submitted to the EFL. There are one or two still outstanding. There has been no need for anything to be resubmitted....

"The documents have to be lodged by someone at the club or with the club copied in. The Australians have been sending their documents to the EFL with LDT copied in".
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!