Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    What would the club do it if a player legally changed his surname to Roland-Out?
    Undisclosed
  • Chizz said:
    Buy the shirt only and get the lettering doe elsewhere.
    This.  All day.  

It's utterly ridiculous that you can't have the wording you want on the shirt you are buying for yourself.  So, please go ahead and buy it and get the letters put on by a company that knows how to treat its "customers". 
    It's not ridiculous.  The fella pays the wages of the people in the shop.
    Actually, he doesn't.

The club shop is outsourced.
  • Chizz said:
    This.  All day.  

It's utterly ridiculous that you can't have the wording you want on the shirt you are buying for yourself.  So, please go ahead and buy it and get the letters put on by a company that knows how to treat its "customers". 
    It's ridiculous.  It's not Roland's shirt.  It's the shirt of whoever chooses to buy it and have those letters put on it.  

How can it possibly be regarded as anything other than ridiculous?  A ridiculous decision by a ridiculous man.  

Does he really think that banning that phrase from being bought, as a service, by customers will somehow sway their sentiment?  "Oh, I am not allowed to put "Roland out" on my shirt.  That makes sense. On reflection, I can see he's doing a great job".  

Does he really think that banning one fan from buying a shirt with those words will mean there won't be other fans sporting that phrase on their shirts?  

If "the fella" (by whom, I assume you mean the decrepit imbecile of an owner) pays the wages of the people in the shop out of the proceeds of the shop, then selling less stuff isn't going to help him to make those payments.  For a retailer to decide to sell less of the stuff their customers want can only be described as ridiculous. 
  • Anybody of note seen in directors box at Gilliam’s?
  • stonemuse said:
    Webby said:
    Davo55 said:Davo55 said:
    Webby said:
    I have actually given up worrying about a takeover. Not sure any interested parties will be chucking millions about to push us up to the premiership anytime soon. Better the devil you know, Roland has been wearing huge loses and seemingly continuing to do so whilst agreeing a contract with the likes of Bowyer, Williams etc.  Almost refreshing to have a club not throwing away money that they don't have in the hope of an unlikely/difficult promotion. At least with the current financial setup we are managing to secure the right type of players who want to prove themselves and is more about playing at the highest standard possible, rather than for who will pay the highest wages. I am hopeful that we can avoid relegation, have some great fixtures for the new season to attend in front of some decent crowds. So in a nutshell I am very excited about the upcoming seasons and hopeful we can secure some quality loan signings to make us competitive and give us a decent chance of winning, rather than a tonking. So I am trying my hardest to ignore the negativity and keeping that huge smile me and the family had on our faces back at Wembley in May :smiley:
    "Better the devil you know"? I can't agree with that, even though I have some sympathy with the sentiments in your post.

Let's not forget that we have:
    - an owner who is totally disinterested in results and in the relationship with the fans
    - no executive management at the club
    - a part-time Belgian accountant overseeing matters
    - undue confidence being placed in the views of Driesen
    - the (as reported by Bowyer himself) lowest budget in the Championship
    - an owner who totally screwed up the Aribo contractual situation so we lost him (as we did others before him) for a pittance
    - other key players (notably Lyle Taylor) entering their last year of contract

As always, under Duchatelet we are always just one step away from chaos.

Yes, he keeps the club going but he stands to lose a great deal more by going into administration, so let's not afford Duchatelet too much credit for that.

The man has been and continues to be a disaster for our club.

Webby said:
    I have actually given up worrying about a takeover. Not sure any interested parties will be chucking millions about to push us up to the premiership anytime soon. Better the devil you know, Roland has been wearing huge loses and seemingly continuing to do so whilst agreeing a contract with the likes of Bowyer, Williams etc.  Almost refreshing to have a club not throwing away money that they don't have in the hope of an unlikely/difficult promotion. At least with the current financial setup we are managing to secure the right type of players who want to prove themselves and is more about playing at the highest standard possible, rather than for who will pay the highest wages. I am hopeful that we can avoid relegation, have some great fixtures for the new season to attend in front of some decent crowds. So in a nutshell I am very excited about the upcoming seasons and hopeful we can secure some quality loan signings to make us competitive and give us a decent chance of winning, rather than a tonking. So I am trying my hardest to ignore the negativity and keeping that huge smile me and the family had on our faces back at Wembley in May :smiley:
    "Better the devil you know"? I can't agree with that, even though I have some sympathy with the sentiments in your post.

Let's not forget that we have:
    - an owner who is totally disinterested in results and in the relationship with the fans
    - no executive management at the club
    - a part-time Belgian accountant overseeing matters
    - undue confidence being placed in the views of Driesen
    - the (as reported by Bowyer himself) lowest budget in the Championship
    - an owner who totally screwed up the Aribo contractual situation so we lost him (as we did others before him) for a pittance
    - other key players (notably Lyle Taylor) entering their last year of contract

As always, under Duchatelet we are always just one step away from chaos.

Yes, he keeps the club going but he stands to lose a great deal more by going into administration, so let's not afford Duchatelet too much credit for that.

The man has been and continues to be a disaster for our club.
    Agree with most points but although we have the lowest budget we will still lose money, just not as much as the clubs spending more. You need to cut your cloth accordingly and many have said that plenty of clubs will go to the wall by spending money you don't have.  Regards Aribo, to be honest he had not really emerged as a great player when entered the last year of contract, just came good as the season progressed in my opinion.  If he hadn't we would have been lumbered with another contracted player on wages we cant afford. In relation to Lyle Taylor,  Roland is obviously backing Bowyer to have contact extension talks. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Roland but spending what you dont have is a recipe for disaster and also very unappealing to prospective buyers 
    Spending what you don’t have could well be a recipe for disaster. But I don’t understand why Roland spending  money would be unappealing to prospective buyers? 
    But Duchatalet isn’t spending money that he ‘does’ have!
    And he’s got to give bowyer something or he doesn’t have a club to sell 
  • Scoham said:
    What would the club do it if a player legally changed his surname to Roland-Out?
    Sell him to Brentford for about 20% of his market value ?
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    This.  All day.  

It's ridiculous.  It's not Roland's shirt.  It's the shirt of whoever chooses to buy it and have those letters put on it.  

How can it possibly be regarded as anything other than ridiculous?  A ridiculous decision by a ridiculous man.  

Does he really think that banning that phrase from being bought, as a service, by customers will somehow sway their sentiment?  "Oh, I am not allowed to put "Roland out" on my shirt.  That makes sense. On reflection, I can see he's doing a great job".  

Does he really think that banning one fan from buying a shirt with those words will mean there won't be other fans sporting that phrase on their shirts?  

If "the fella" (by whom, I assume you mean the decrepit imbecile of an owner) pays the wages of the people in the shop out of the proceeds of the shop, then selling less stuff isn't going to help him to make those payments.  For a retailer to decide to sell less of the stuff their customers want can only be described as ridiculous. 
    Surely there must be guidelines on what the club shop are allowed to print on a shirt.

Would you concede that they are within their rights to not print swear words?
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    Just get them to print "Roland Gout" and then remove the G.
    PMSL
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    This.  All day.  

Surely there must be guidelines on what the club shop are allowed to print on a shirt.

Yes I would. But neither Roland nor Out are swear words. Yet.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    This.  All day.  

Yes I would. But neither Roland nor Out are swear words. Yet.
    Shall we agree to differ?

• How about Onan Out? We’d all know who we were referring to ;)
  • edited July 2019
    Yellow Teeth Out!
  • A while back there was talk of a two week gap before the Euro bidder was coming to London ... is that this week coming? 
  • A while back there was talk of a two week gap before the Euro bidder was coming to London ... is that this week coming? 
    The flight was cancelled.
  • Sponsored links:

• The point being that the shop is an independent organisation and wouldn’t wish to be seen as being confrontational to their landlord.....perfectly understandable.
    The staff and owners may not actually give a toss one way or the other about what’s on the shirt but who in their right mind would wish to start a shit storm where good will is obviously the order of the day.
    This is the right answer.
  • The point being that the shop is an independent organisation and wouldn’t wish to be seen as being confrontational to their landlord.....perfectly understandable.
    The staff and owners may not actually give a toss one way or the other about what’s on the shirt but who in their right mind would wish to start a shit storm where good will is obviously the order of the day.
    This is the right answer.
    Which is basically what I said.
    The flight was cancelled.
    Ah. Okay.
    Yes, it’s just a shop manager or even someone staff member call, but it’s unlikely to have caused a “shit storm” either way. There is no one on the club staff who would care or take issue with it.
  • You can always get it printed somewhere else.
  • You can always get it printed somewhere else.
    Who wants ‘It’ on their shirt?
  • The It brothers, Tommy and Stephen-Henry!
  • The It brothers, Tommy and Stephen-Henry!
    Wow. Never knew they were Charlton fans.

You live and learn!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!