Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited July 2019
    _MrDick said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    There are some posters who know an awful lot about "bollox fed out to put us off the scent", so maybe that's a comment worth noting.  
    and there's some who know f~~k all but are prepared to analyse the arse out of every little scrap of information - over and over and over again... 
    and there's a third species that knows naff all, pretends otherwise, rubbishes any information whatever the source and enjoys winding people up, for kudos from fellow keyboard worriers with even less to occupy their time
    And then there’s Colin ...
    I think he should be allowed back on, I'd sacrifice my place on here for that!
    Colin come on quick where are you? 
  • I think it is unfair to suggest people are spreading fake information. Airman has confirmed himself that there are no shortage of interested parties. It is just if the club is too expensive, it all ends in the same way. That is why I no longer get excited but I am grateful for those that share what they know. And about new parties interested in taking us over until they deal with the delusional Duchatelet. I am not expecting anything in the short term for this reason. 
  • cabbles said:
    Folks, I appreciate the long suffering nature of Duchatelet’s ownership has taken its toll.  However, can we try and avoid engaging directly with those that you don’t see eye to eye with on this issue based on info/supposed info being put forward.  Everyone is entitled to have an opinion on what they think of people who put info forward/why they do it/is it well received etc, but given how much of a powder keg this topic is and how emotionally involved we all are, try to just ignore anything that may lead to confrontations.  That goes both ways as well.  If you have something you think is of genuine importance, please feel free to share, but understand people are at their wits end with this saga and fuses can be short 

just want to make sure everyone gets as maximum enjoyment out of the forum as possible
    Totally agree, top post today for me. Getting a little tired of the petty back-biting and snide comments some posters choose to post. We're all Charlton fans and we are all 'suffering' immense frustration while this shit-show of the club sale drags on, and we are all entitled to our opinions and are free to agree/disagree with posters. However, certain people seem to wind each other up and then things get a little personal and sometimes downright offensive. Easy to fire over the parapet on a keyboard but would you make the same comments face to face? Probably not. As we are all in this together let's have a little more decorum.
  • Any rhumers anyone. 
  • Rumours even
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Ok, it’s not earth shattering of course...
    It’s possible that one Aussie investor is fed up with the waiting game. Probably a key investor. May want to set deadline to force some sort of conclusion, or may have done already. Especially with the ‘European’ consortium showing interest.

And the same family issues apply this year as last year, for GM, although missing that window is not critical for the bid overall. 
    GM, after post Wembley conversations, has gone very quiet which I hope is a good sign, so this ‘info’ comes from my other source, who has been accurate in the past. Of course anything could have changed since I received it a couple of days ago. 

i was feeling pretty negative about anything happening, and this possibly improves the likelihood of progress, a little bit. It may also potentially increase the chances of the bid collapsing. 
    Quite nervous about passing on even limited info for obvious reasons. 
    Thank you for passing on what you know - at last.

The original, cryptic, ‘teaser’ post is exactly what winds some people up. The ‘I know something you don’t’ style of post does you no good and invites abuse IMHO.

#bemorelikeredhenry

Lol. You’re forgetting that I repeated Aussies’ statement about ‘next two weeks are critical’ once, and got dog’s abuse, despite the words not being my own. My trepidation should hardly be a surprise.
    Sorry mate I appreciate your news as much as anyone but these cryptic messages help no one 
    It's like listening to Ted Rogers read out the clues on 3-2-1 .....
  • Rumours even
    Fleetwood Mac are the ones for big Rumours.
  • I would not read every page of this thread, but happyvalley gives me all the facts I need and I have applied to go on Mastermind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:
    Webby said:
    I have actually given up worrying about a takeover. Not sure any interested parties will be chucking millions about to push us up to the premiership anytime soon. Better the devil you know, Roland has been wearing huge loses and seemingly continuing to do so whilst agreeing a contract with the likes of Bowyer, Williams etc.  Almost refreshing to have a club not throwing away money that they don't have in the hope of an unlikely/difficult promotion. At least with the current financial setup we are managing to secure the right type of players who want to prove themselves and is more about playing at the highest standard possible, rather than for who will pay the highest wages. I am hopeful that we can avoid relegation, have some great fixtures for the new season to attend in front of some decent crowds. So in a nutshell I am very excited about the upcoming seasons and hopeful we can secure some quality loan signings to make us competitive and give us a decent chance of winning, rather than a tonking. So I am trying my hardest to ignore the negativity and keeping that huge smile me and the family had on our faces back at Wembley in May :smiley:
    "Better the devil you know"? I can't agree with that, even though I have some sympathy with the sentiments in your post.

Let's not forget that we have:
    - an owner who is totally disinterested in results and in the relationship with the fans
    - no executive management at the club
    - a part-time Belgian accountant overseeing matters
    - undue confidence being placed in the views of Driesen
    - the (as reported by Bowyer himself) lowest budget in the Championship
    - an owner who totally screwed up the Aribo contractual situation so we lost him (as we did others before him) for a pittance
    - other key players (notably Lyle Taylor) entering their last year of contract

As always, under Duchatelet we are always just one step away from chaos.

Yes, he keeps the club going but he stands to lose a great deal more by going into administration, so let's not afford Duchatelet too much credit for that.

The man has been and continues to be a disaster for our club.
    Amazing how some people can still find a good word to say about our leader.
  • Rudders22 said:
    29 more pages and we have won the FA Cup
    Thanks a lot

I was going to listen to the wireless repeat without knowing the result and now you've ruined it.

I hope it's a high scoring game at least.
    Sorry mate.
    You have to watch the year before first.
    I don't know what to tell you but won't spoilt it for you?
    We had a good season in the cup that year 
  • Rumours even
    Might go for a Chinese tonight...
  • addick05 said:
    cabbles said:
    Folks, I appreciate the long suffering nature of Duchatelet’s ownership has taken its toll.  However, can we try and avoid engaging directly with those that you don’t see eye to eye with on this issue based on info/supposed info being put forward.  Everyone is entitled to have an opinion on what they think of people who put info forward/why they do it/is it well received etc, but given how much of a powder keg this topic is and how emotionally involved we all are, try to just ignore anything that may lead to confrontations.  That goes both ways as well.  If you have something you think is of genuine importance, please feel free to share, but understand people are at their wits end with this saga and fuses can be short 

just want to make sure everyone gets as maximum enjoyment out of the forum as possible
    Totally agree, top post today for me. Getting a little tired of the petty back-biting and snide comments some posters choose to post. We're all Charlton fans and we are all 'suffering' immense frustration while this shit-show of the club sale drags on, and we are all entitled to our opinions and are free to agree/disagree with posters. However, certain people seem to wind each other up and then things get a little personal and sometimes downright offensive. Easy to fire over the parapet on a keyboard but would you make the same comments face to face? Probably not. As we are all in this together let's have a little more decorum.
    Well said, I will rise above it next time 
  • Davo55 said:Davo55 said:
    Webby said:
    I have actually given up worrying about a takeover. Not sure any interested parties will be chucking millions about to push us up to the premiership anytime soon. Better the devil you know, Roland has been wearing huge loses and seemingly continuing to do so whilst agreeing a contract with the likes of Bowyer, Williams etc.  Almost refreshing to have a club not throwing away money that they don't have in the hope of an unlikely/difficult promotion. At least with the current financial setup we are managing to secure the right type of players who want to prove themselves and is more about playing at the highest standard possible, rather than for who will pay the highest wages. I am hopeful that we can avoid relegation, have some great fixtures for the new season to attend in front of some decent crowds. So in a nutshell I am very excited about the upcoming seasons and hopeful we can secure some quality loan signings to make us competitive and give us a decent chance of winning, rather than a tonking. So I am trying my hardest to ignore the negativity and keeping that huge smile me and the family had on our faces back at Wembley in May :smiley:
    "Better the devil you know"? I can't agree with that, even though I have some sympathy with the sentiments in your post.

- an owner who is totally disinterested in results and in the relationship with the fans
    - an owner who totally screwed up the Aribo contractual situation so we lost him (as we did others before him) for a pittance

Yes, he keeps the club going but he stands to lose a great deal more by going into administration, so let's not afford Duchatelet too much credit for that.

Webby said:

Agree with most points but although we have the lowest budget we will still lose money, just not as much as the clubs spending more. You need to cut your cloth accordingly and many have said that plenty of clubs will go to the wall by spending money you don't have.  Regards Aribo, to be honest he had not really emerged as a great player when entered the last year of contract, just came good as the season progressed in my opinion.  If he hadn't we would have been lumbered with another contracted player on wages we cant afford. In relation to Lyle Taylor,  Roland is obviously backing Bowyer to have contact extension talks. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Roland but spending what you dont have is a recipe for disaster and also very unappealing to prospective buyers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Webby said:
    Davo55 said:Davo55 said:
    Webby said:

Webby said:

Agree with most points but although we have the lowest budget we will still lose money, just not as much as the clubs spending more. You need to cut your cloth accordingly and many have said that plenty of clubs will go to the wall by spending money you don't have.  Regards Aribo, to be honest he had not really emerged as a great player when entered the last year of contract, just came good as the season progressed in my opinion.  If he hadn't we would have been lumbered with another contracted player on wages we cant afford. In relation to Lyle Taylor,  Roland is obviously backing Bowyer to have contact extension talks. Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Roland but spending what you dont have is a recipe for disaster and also very unappealing to prospective buyers 
    Spending what you don’t have could well be a recipe for disaster. But I don’t understand why Roland spending  money would be unappealing to prospective buyers? 
  • Davo55 said:
    @Webby

I'm not arguing that Duchatelet should spend more. I'm arguing that, as an owner, he is abysmal and we could do so much better. He could be spending £millions and still be a totally crap owner. It's about a lot more than finances.
    I'm not a great one for long elaborate posts so maybe not made my points very succinctly,  I suppose what I'm most trying to say is that I'm getting a bit fed up personally with all the negativity surrounding the club. I've been a supporter for nearly 50 years, seen great times and bad. Loved the rollercoaster to be honest as it's what being a Charlton supporter has been all about,  rather than taking the easy option of supporting a bigger and more successful club. I was desperate to get out of League one to play against the Leeds, Forests, Millwalls etc. and now we have I'm going to enjoy the season. I genuinely believe that whatever we say on here and discuss makes no difference at all to Roland and the sale of the club, so when it happens I will be delighted, but until it does I'm taking a positive approach and will enjoy the ride. No disrespect to others opinions as they are no doubt valid and part of the emotions involved.
  • Davo55 said:
    @Webby

I'm not arguing that Duchatelet should spend more. I'm arguing that, as an owner, he is abysmal and we could do so much better. He could be spending £millions and still be a totally crap owner. It's about a lot more than finances.
    I’d be a lot happier with the weasel if he sold our top players for top money and reinvested even half of it.  Whatever owner we have they’re gonna sell players if the big boys come sniffing, it’s the way this dick goes about it.  I think a lot of clubs run off this model.
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Chizz said:
    There are some posters who know an awful lot about "bollox fed out to put us off the scent", so maybe that's a comment worth noting.  
    and there's some who know f~~k all but are prepared to analyse the arse out of every little scrap of information - over and over and over again... 
    and there's a third species that knows naff all, pretends otherwise, rubbishes any information whatever the source and enjoys winding people up, for kudos from fellow keyboard worriers with even less to occupy their time

Not sure where the logical conclusion to this is but there are some who would have absolutely zero to say if they didn't chuck a load of over exaggerated nonsense into their posts but each to their own.

sorry cabbles, hadn't read your post before I posted this
    No bother mate :-) 
  • To be honest I'd be surprised if George Lapslie isnt Manager in 21-years ;)
  • Webby said:
    Davo55 said:
    @Webby

I'm not a great one for long elaborate posts so maybe not made my points very succinctly,  I suppose what I'm most trying to say is that I'm getting a bit fed up personally with all the negativity surrounding the club. I've been a supporter for nearly 50 years, seen great times and bad. Loved the rollercoaster to be honest as it's what being a Charlton supporter has been all about,  rather than taking the easy option of supporting a bigger and more successful club. I was desperate to get out of League one to play against the Leeds, Forests, Millwalls etc. and now we have I'm going to enjoy the season. I genuinely believe that whatever we say on here and discuss makes no difference at all to Roland and the sale of the club, so when it happens I will be delighted, but until it does I'm taking a positive approach and will enjoy the ride. No disrespect to others opinions as they are no doubt valid and part of the emotions involved.
    You'd enjoy the ride on the outside lane without our owner, currently we're on the hard shoulder.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!