Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Don't tell them @JamesSeed

It will just be used to abuse you.

#WIOTOS
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    @JamesSeed As one of the very few people who has any kind of reliable source within the deal, any information you share that you believe to be true would be welcomed by a number of people.  And if there are some posters who would prefer not to take notice of it, they should be welcome to ignore it.  

If you think the Aussies have a crucial ten days ahead of them, I would like to know.  And if you an expand on why, what it means and how you imagine it might conclude, that would be interesting information too.  

In short, if you have any beans, it would be good to spill them as soon as possible. 
    My thoughts exactly 
  • Options
    I reckon the 2nd party has ten days to do a deal, before the Ozzies are back in the driving seat, waiting for Roland to blink first.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    @JamesSeed As one of the very few people who has any kind of reliable source within the deal, any information you share that you believe to be true would be welcomed by a number of people.  And if there are some posters who would prefer not to take notice of it, they should be welcome to ignore it.  

If you think the Aussies have a crucial ten days ahead of them, I would like to know.  And if you an expand on why, what it means and how you imagine it might conclude, that would be interesting information too.  

In short, if you have any beans, it would be good to spill them as soon as possible. 
    My thoughts exactly 
    This
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    If I was to say it’s a crucial ten days for the Aussies would you lot crucify me if nothing happens?
    What makes you say this JamesSeed
  • Options
    If the Aussies were out of the picture do you reckon Roly would be any more likely to concede any ground to another bid, on the basis that he would no longer have the Aussies hanging around as some kind of "failsafe"?

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    If I was to say it’s a crucial ten days for the Aussies would you lot crucify me if nothing happens?
    What makes you say this JamesSeed
    Can I answer this one 😉
  • Options
    Have the Aussies got the minerals to walk away?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I'll supply the nails and timber 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the Aussies were out of the picture do you reckon Roly would be any more likely to concede any ground to another bid, on the basis that he would no longer have the Aussies hanging around as some kind of "failsafe"?

I think there are 3 or 4 groups hanging round and RD is trying to raise all the elements, in his favour, to the best on the table.  Up front price, future payments etc etc.   I find it shockingly unlikely that there are only 3 bids, 2 with close links to prolific posters on here...... 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    James, you posted a cryptic message at 8.12pm. A number of posters asked you if you are able to say anymore which I assume you have seen and ignored. It's now 11.07pm. No wonder some people get pissed off with you. 
    But surely only some. I think we all know that the next two weeks are important across the board. James has shared what he has been allowed to divulge before, and I assume he has again this time. 

I think we have firmly established that that no one knows anything of real note, and even supposing they do, they will never be able to share it. We will get a hint or two, but Roland makes that as unreliable as unreliable gets. 
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    If ‘something’ happens in ten days time it’s gonna look a bit odd with SE7toSG3 and 50 odd Addicks celebrating on The Somme with champagne and Pot Noodles. 
    Oi!  Just who are you calling odd Addicks???

Mind you, if news does come through next weekend that we have new owners, I bag the veggie Pot Noodle.  (Will need something to soak up all that champers!)
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I don’t know that one. But you Humm it son and I’ll play it. 
    Must admit this sprung to mind, 'If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me'. ... the song, not the act.
  • Options
    Nine days to go until the new deadline.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Nine days to go until the new deadline.
    Well played Sir.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has this other source been inaccurate in the past as well as accurate ?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Ok, it’s not earth shattering of course...
    It’s possible that one Aussie investor is fed up with the waiting game. Probably a key investor. May want to set deadline to force some sort of conclusion, or may have done already. Especially with the ‘European’ consortium showing interest.

And the same family issues apply this year as last year, for GM, although missing that window is not critical for the bid overall. 
    GM, after post Wembley conversations, has gone very quiet which I hope is a good sign, so this ‘info’ comes from my other source, who has been accurate in the past. Of course anything could have changed since I received it a couple of days ago. 

i was feeling pretty negative about anything happening, and this possibly improves the likelihood of progress, a little bit. It may also potentially increase the chances of the bid collapsing. 
    Quite nervous about passing on even limited info for obvious reasons. 
    Thank you for passing on what you know - at last.

The original, cryptic, ‘teaser’ post is exactly what winds some people up. The ‘I know something you don’t’ style of post does you no good and invites abuse IMHO.

#bemorelikeredhenry
    #OrDontSayAnythingAtAll
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    ..........I am trying my hardest not to say what I really think of RD, however if I was to put down what I think of him I will probably get a lifetime ban !! 
    Go for it mate on the other hand you could get a promote! 😉.
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    I hope in some ways the Aussies do walk.  I've always had the feeling that, despite their procrastination, RD has always seen the Aussies as his 'safety' while he pursues other options/prices/payments with the Rest of The World because he believes they will always be there as a last resort.  If his safety were to disappear he might suddenly be reminded of the the English proverb 'A bird in the hand' and pull his finger out before everyone walks
    I agree
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!