Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1907, The Old Bailey is opened in London.
  • Options
    Better concrete news than no news. Another of Roland's options gone. Supposedly two remaining. The pressure creaks up a notch.
    There's still @Addicked's out of date confectionery bid, and this one is fast becoming Roly's only option 
  • Options
    1907, The Old Bailey is opened in London.
    Think I’ll have to open a bottle of Bailey’s if this goes on much longer 
  • Options
    Better concrete news than no news. Another of Roland's options gone. Supposedly two remaining. The pressure creaks up a notch.
      And one of those are the Aussies!

As you were.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    ross1 said:

Mehmet Dalman: Cardiff City chairman abandons Charlton takeover bid

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48613804
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-chief-mehmet-dalman-16594334

How big a problem is the rugby club issue?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    They will have to carry Roland out, I don't think he wants to sell

He'd have to feckin' turn up first, to be carried out! Tosser!!

Edit: that's Roland, not you @J@Johnnysummers5 :-:wink:

I have been called a lot worse
  • Options
    My understanding is access to SL was limited so any potential veto of planning permission/building works were answered by the new road. The rugby club was compensated by the pitches etc, its all very pretty and I'm sure is fit for purpose and what their argument with RD is I'm not sure. But what ever it is I'm on their side and as I said its purely my opinion on what that issue is.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Am I allowed to swear. This Bleep is never gonna sell is he. So depressing. Won't invest in any decent players, won't sell at a reasonable price.  So that is it then. We are not gonna be sold this season, next season, next century or ever. 
  • Options
    Never say never with Rolie, it was reported that talks with bows at had collapsed and he had walked, then 12 hours later,  he signed the dotted line. Could history repeat itself?
  • Options
    C'est la vie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "He never had the money"

"He DD and agreed a price and so has just wasted our time"

"He could have just paid the £7m to the old directors, it's nothing compared to the prem money."

• Options
    Dalman had no exit strategy anyway.
  • Options
    Good on Dalman i say. Called douchbags bluff,serves him right for being a greedy twat.
  • Options
    Dalman pulling out is no surprise. It was reported last week by the Evening Standard. It just reduces Duchatelet's options as he now only has two groups to play off against each other. The Aussies have played their hand and their sticking with their bid.  Definitely  aren’t going to go any higher. The Euro’s will lodge a take it or leave it bid, I reckon and in two weeks we’ll be back to square one. However which way you cut this cake, it’s still costing Duchatelet a shed load of wonga and all because he didn’t do his DD properly 
  • Options

• Options
    I thought it had collapsed a while ago hence the title of thread for the last couple of weeks .
  • Options
    But he doesn't care he loses money. He hates Charlton, hates the fans, has no interest in the club. At this moment in time he is taking us back to League 1, just like he did with Powell. Every one that is interested they come in, he then moves the goalposts, up s the price, once DD is completed potential buyers are seeing other debt that we are not privy to (must be under the Jiminez regime), they say "I ain't pay that shit and quite rightly walk away".  Why doesn't lower his price the fool. He added to the debt.  This season we are going to see a less quality team in a higher division paying more money and what is more depressing is going to be seeing Bauer, Harriott, Cousins and Co playing for other better Championship players. Even now if he wanted to, he could give us this great setup Gallen, Bowyer, Jackson and Marshall and co the investment to give us a go at finishing higher up in this division but he can't see it through is own eyes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good on Dalman i say. Called douchbags bluff,serves him right for being a greedy twat.
    There is no bluff. RD wants to sell but I don’t think he really gives a shit if he does. He’s happy losing relative penny’s and being a spiteful dick in the process.
  • Options
    There is no bluff. RD wants to sell ......................

For more than anyone is willing to pay = Roland stays ................. and repeat.
  • Options
    Would have been nice to have an owner who already knows about British football and interested in investing in the squad for a change.

The current owner appears to have dug in to get a particular price no matter what. Seems like a badge of honour for him to be able to say he sold for 'x', even if it eventually costs him more to do so. Crazy, but when you're that rich I suppose you can afford to do things in whatever way makes you feel better about yourself. While we're questioning the actual prince he wants, he's looking at the principal of being able to set that price and getting it no matter what issues crop up or how long it takes.

Bottom line is that in his world he's a visionary, in everyone else's he's just another old fool.
  • Options

• Options
    "He never had the money"

"He DD and agreed a price and so has just wasted our time"

"He could have just paid the £7m to the old directors, it's nothing compared to the prem money."

I thought he didn't agree a price ?
    I thought he offered £30M, which was declined ?
  • Options
    Forever a glass half full merchant, I’m going to say that Dalman’s offer may very well still be on the table and that until such time as Duchatalet says he isn’t interested, it will remain so.
    Has Dalman actually said that Duchatalet has turned him down.....I don’t think he has, only that talks are no longer taking place.
    So for me, there’s just an outside chance that the offer is still live, though remains at present not accepted.
    Yeah.....I know what you’re all thinking.......but hope springs eternal in this neck of the woods.
  • Options
    Declined/not accepted, whichever way you choose to describe it not happening.
  • Options
    Straw at the ready ? Then clutch away
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!