Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1606, the first version of the Union Flag is introduced.
  • edited April 2019
    me too !
  • edited April 2019
    and again ...
  • If it were not for the fish, car, shoe, teeth, Willy, puns where would this thread  be ?
    It be on page 3 or would've become a complete nonentity.
    If it were not for James Seed having contact with an Aussie consortium, where would this thread be ?
    We be on page 3 or would've become a complete nonentity.
    If it were not for Airman Brown and insider info where would this thread be ?
    If it were not for Roland Duchatelet where would we be ?
    We be in the Premier, and having a sex wee.

Many thanks to Billy Connolly.
    What you got against pot noodles. Maybe page 2, away from the titties. 
  • Really excited to hear an update about the Auusie bid.
    Still in negotiations.

Think we can all guess who the fella on the left with the horns is (clue: one of his cloven hooves is being held together with duct tape)...
  • Apologies to Fanny who got there before me!
  • edited April 2019
    I'm going to move on to antique roadshow analogies.
    If theoretically a belgiqie man were to buy a vase at a billionaires boot fair for 60 million. He gets it valued and they say the price is fair for an item of its history but with a new lick of paint and a small investment he could auction it off for a 100million+. 
    He comes back a few years later and he's ruined the paintwork by hiring all the wrong people to paint/restore it and dropped the value to 30 million max. The valuation expert tells him as such and yet he thinks he has done a magnificent job and puts it up for 70 million. 
    You cannot expect anybody to pay that much for a ruined product and it doesn't sell. 

Thus I have no I'll wish on the aussies or any other potential buyer. In an auction situation where the owner is stubborn enough with a reserve it will never sell and neither will we.

But you all already know this. I just wanted to throw more obscure analogies out there. 
  • Sponsored links:

• LTKapal said:

I just wanted to throw more obscure analogies out there. 
    Has anyone done a house buying one yet?

Yes but house auctions involving owner renovation caused damages haven't 😉

• Really excited to hear an update about the Auusie bid.
    Almost a year since they turned up wearing scarves to the play off game.
    It's happening !!!!

• I've only been to one meeting but I think your image of the meetings is completely wrong.
  • I've only been to one meeting but I think your image of the meetings is completely wrong.
    I’m glad to hear that Ben.....could you be a bit more enlightening as to the tone and general atmosphere.
    Is LDT given a hard time then?
  • I know this meeting is re the takeover, but can someone ask what the fuck is going on with the management teams contracts. Please feel free to use the word fuck! (sorry admin). We're a month away from the end of the season for God sake!!!
  • I know this meeting is re the takeover, but can someone ask what the fuck is going on with the management teams contracts. Please feel free to use the word fuck! (sorry admin). We're a month away from the end of the season for God sake!!!I

If possible I will.

• Sponsored links:

• If it were not for the fish, car, shoe, teeth, Willy, puns where would this thread  be ?
    It be on page 3 or would've become a complete nonentity.
    If it were not for James Seed having contact with an Aussie consortium, where would this thread be ?
    If it were not for Airman Brown and insider info where would this thread be ?
    If it were not for Roland Duchatelet where would we be ?
    We be in the Premier, and having a sex wee.

Many thanks to Billy Connolly.
    What you got against pot noodles. Maybe page 2, away from the titties. 
    I didn't what to check 1606 pages !
    Now edited, cheers SE7
  • I may be asking why they are wasting all our time when there is nothing of substance to tell us, assuming there is nothing of substance to tell us..

something on those lines at least 
    I’m glad to hear that Ben.....could you be a bit more enlightening as to the tone and general atmosphere.
    Is LDT given a hard time then?

Hard questions are asked (at least they were when I was there) and statements are challenged.

Not sure what people expect?  If attendees started banging tables or calling him a **** does makes us look good or confirm the regime's prejudices.

Some people will demand this , that and the other from behind a keyboard while at same time dismissing it all as a waste of time. And then want the minutes up in minutes.

I know that when LDT met another attendee who is very much involved with CARD (not CAST) he was surprised and a bit taken aback that that  lifer was actually quite normal (debatable :smile:  ) and polite while giving LDT a hard time over his lies.

The way the graffiti nonsense was dismissed as not relevant at the last meeting and the way the plan to split ownership of club and ground was instantly condemned shows that at least some attendees are not passive.

The meetings will always be less than satisfactory under this regime but that is due to the regime not the fans.

But for now it is one, if not the only, way we can speak directly to and question the regime.
    thank you.
  • What time is the  fans forum tonight?
  • 1606, the first version of the Union Flag is introduced.
    I'll be very upset if The Flight of the Earls isn't mentioned for 1607.
  • 7.30pm and still no minutes.

I reckon it's all a smokescreen and the Fans Forum are all having a nice meal at Craft on Roland
  • Addickted said:
    7.30pm and still no minutes.

I reckon it's all a smokescreen and the Fans Forum are all having a nice meal at Craft on Roland
    Where is Henry?? Is her part of the regime now?
  • Rudders22 said:
    Addickted said:
    7.30pm and still no minutes.

Where is Henry?? Is her part of the regime now?
    Her part? Has Roland nicked a bit of our Henry? Outrageous!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!