Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• will be a pointless meeting.

'want to concentrate on the play offs'.....blah blah.....'want to give Lee the best chance of going up without any takeover distractions'....blah blah

'negotiations ongoing'.....blah blah

am sure there was one this time last year when that was said ?!?!

Things will start moving when we know what league we will play in next season... 
  • will be a pointless meeting.

'want to concentrate on the play offs'.....blah blah.....'want to give Lee the best chance of going up without any takeover distractions'....blah blah

'negotiations ongoing'.....blah blah

am sure there was one this time last year when that was said ?!?!

Thanks for spoling it for me. I didn't want to know the outcome yet !
  • Only 300 pages left until this concludes 
  • Bet the meeting gets cancelled.
  • Really excited to hear an update about the Auusie bid.
  • Really excited to hear an update about the Auusie bid.
    Still in negotiations.
  • AshBurton said:
    Last night I had a really vivid dream that Roland was in final negotiations to sell the club.

For some reason I was present, urging him to sign on the dotted line.

Oddly the meeting seemed to be taking place in a Bavarian-style beer garden with long tables and benches.

A work colleague or friend sat on another table was trying to tempt me away with a glass of something cold - presumably not a Charlton fan.

There were two bidders present at Roland’s table. Maybe this was some sort of “contract race” towards who would be mad enough to part with their £70m first.

There was one foreign bidder who seemed to know me and was sat nearest to Roland. Definitely not Australian though, sorry @JamesSeed

The other bidder was a British consortium, who were sat further away and hence more difficult to identify, possibly even a mirage (art imitating life). 

Roland called me over and was asking me to assure  my acquaintance, the non-British bidder, that nothing untoward came out of the due diligence. Actually he may not have used this precise term, more something like “it was all ok huh?”

Roland and I conversed in German.

Much like this thread, the dream fizzled out with nothing resolved and everything still at least 48 hours away.

I blame the sunstroke I suffered in Row D yesterday. 

DO NOT EAT CHEESE BEFORE BEDDY BOO TIME!

Opium is illegal in the UK this century you know!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can someone ask if we do get promoted will the extortionate asking price increase or stay the same?!
  • To infinity and beyond.
  • edited April 2019

• Only 300 pages left until this concludes 
    The world loves an optimist😀😀
  • Something tells me...
  • edited April 2019
    Only 3000 pages left until this concludes 
    Fixed. :D
  • Can someone ask if we do get promoted will the extortionate asking price increase or stay the same?!
    Thanks, on the list
  • Sponsored links:

• The Roland and us situation.

Thanks, on the list
    Roland will happily give the club away though.... just wants the money for the land. So surely no price change :smiley:
  • These fans forums are just a way for Duchatelet to peddle more lies and half truths. I’m sure it’s been asked but why has it taken so long to sell and does ‘Dick Van  Dyke’ think  he’s should go as he’s not doing a good job selling 

• Perhaps it is possible to discover if Roland has had an objective assessment about how much the land is worth in a falling market with all the attendant restrictions and covenants and charges due on it.
    Or perhaps Roland plucks a number out of the air.
  • seth plum said:
    Perhaps it is possible to discover if Roland has had an objective assessment about how much the land is worth in a falling market with all the attendant restrictions and covenants and charges due on it.
    Or perhaps Roland plucks a number out of the air.
    I think that can be done without any experts and applying common sense. What Roland is doing is looking at how much the land might be worth without a football club devaluing it. the issue is of course, that there is a football club devaluing it! Its what football clubs do!
  • edited April 2019
    If it were not for the fish, car, shoe, Pot noodles, teeth, Willy, puns where would this thread  be ?
    It be on page 3 or would've become a complete nonentity.
    If it were not for James Seed having contact with an Aussie consortium, where would this thread be ?
    We be on page 3 or would've become a complete nonentity.
    If it were not for Airman Brown and insider info where would this thread be ?
    We be on page 3 or would've become a complete nonentity.
    If it were not for Roland Duchatelet where would we be ?
    We be in the Premier, and having a sex wee.

Many thanks to Billy Connolly.
  • Off_it said:

You're not seriously telling me that people are still planning on going along to these meetings?

Why?

It's a pointless exercise and by attending you are simply giving the whole thing a veneer of respectability.

Enough is enough, surely?

I agree to an extent that these meetings seem a waste of time, but, I do believe they should continue, it is after all the only link fans have with the club directly, and if nothing else it does arm us with proof, (if any were needed), on the nonsense the club is prepared to spew out to it's fans, enabling us to show the outside world Just what were having to put up with.

I am a believer, in what Roland is doing to our club, which has been widely publicised around the world, does have an effect on his other businesses over time, as an example - how he treats his staff, what he thinks of companies who only do 2% of his companies turnover, he must have kickbacks for all the adverse publicity he has been getting, so the more we stir him up the better in my eyes.
  • I think we can safely assume that there is always a steady trickle of enquiries where some evaporate almost immediately and others might make It to a few meetings and discussions but I also think it’s safe to assume that there are no serious players that are currently past the above scenarios. 

Promotion might make make a difference but even that is still quite a long shot. Seems Roland is quite happy to absorb monthly losses but I foresee further belt tightening on the horizon and team will suffer.

Would like to know if it’s repeated that RD will give away the football club for nothing and then find out where he sees the asking price justified based on the real estate which cannot be worth anywhere near £60 million. 
  • edited April 2019
    Oops miscounted.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!