Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Ashley or Douchebag ? Ashley please.
  • edited January 2018

Why anyone wouldn't welcome Ashley is perplexing. he's worth £2.3 Billion, what's not to like?

According to the original poster on FB the three unnamed bidders (2 Brits & a Swiss) are worth a combined total of £2.8 Billion.
  • Why anyone wouldn't welcome Ashley is perplexing. he's worth £2.3 Billion, what's not to like?

According to the original poster on FB the three unnamed bidders (2 Brits & a Swiss) are worth a combined total of £2.6 Billion.
    Ashley makes up most of that.

• edited January 2018

Why anyone wouldn't welcome Ashley is perplexing. he's worth £2.3 Billion, what's not to like?

Know what you mean though isn't RD now worth over a billion...

Not that I wouldn't take Ashley over RD.
  • Mike Ashley was involved in the ill-fated Zabeel deal.
  • If Ashley takes over, I imagine it’ll be the first time that the Chairman out drinks the players at the Christmas party...

Poor darlings won’t be able to go to Newcastle for their Christmas jolly up this year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

If Ashley takes over, I imagine it’ll be the first time that the Chairman out drinks the players at the Christmas party...

Poor darlings won’t be able to go to Newcastle for their Christmas jolly up this year.
    Yes they can - and would be handy for me!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g190819-Activities-c20-Newcastle_under_Lyme_Staffordshire_England.html
  • PopIcon said:

Mike Ashley was involved in the ill-fated Zabeel deal.

Interesting, didn’t realise that
  • At least we know Pardew wouldn't be the new manager.

I'm not sure about Ashley but it's difficult to understand what the problem is with him at Newcastle other than the fact he's not from Newcastle.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he got off to a shakey start at Newcastle but I don't think they can really question his last 3 or 4 years there.
  • I think he got off to a shakey start at Newcastle but I don't think they can really question his last 3 or 4 years there.

Getting relegated probably does lead to questions
  • Wouldn’t be too bad seeing charlton shirts in your local sports direct

And Lilywhites
    Remember when they used to stocked, I would find them in amongst the rails and put them at the front.
  • Is this the consortium that RedHenry said pulled out last week? Really hope not. Anyone got Mike Ashley's email address?

True but they weren't a good side.

True but they weren't a good side.
    This is because he continued to employ pardew and underfunded on the playing side of things
  • D Muir and McLeish are linked to some unnamed South Africans or so the rumours suggest.

I doubt Murray was ever leading any bid or was part of the M&M bid but may well want tooffer his services and experience to the new owners as he's done with the last two regimes.

A new owner might see him as an experienced pair of hands as well as a link to the past and, in their eyes, an appointment to get the fans on board. I wonder if they'd be aware that fans are (or seem to be) split about him?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!