Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• mrbligh said:
    If we were a cricket team I'd be absolutely over the moon with this.

• Sounds like a mad idea .....
  • Smithy said:

Don't like the sound of this at all. Australian Roland.

But without a lot of money in the bank
  • What does a period of exclusivity mean? That they're the only people allowed to bid?

Yes.

Means it must be fairly well advanced if true
  • Smithy said:

Don't like the sound of this at all. Australian Roland.

But without a lot of money in the bank
    Also means that Roland by having a lot of money doesnt have to sell if he doesnt want... If he wants to be a true bastard he can run the club into the Ground and won't feel it.

This Australian Company on the other hand won't be able to do that and if they start losing too much they'll have to sell else the owners will destroy themselves
  • I don't like this at all...especially the "plans to turn it into Australia's Football Club"...risk of changing names/the valley/kit etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't like this at all...especially the "plans to turn it into Australia's Football Club"...risk of changing names/the valley/kit etc?

Would you have been happy with Red Bull out of interest?
  • kentred2 said:
    The contact given at the foot of that sales document is Chris Tait at Henslow.com. Meet the full team here;
    http://www.henslow.com.au/team

Nothing to like about any of this. No Charlton people involved. Just more chancers.
  • kentred2 said:
    The contact given at the foot of that sales document is Chris Tait at Henslow.com. Meet the full team here;
    http://www.henslow.com.au/team

Nothing to like about any of this. No Charlton people involved. Just more chancers.
    No women though until you get down to the Office Support Staff

Us sexist fans will love that!!
  • Oh shite,fire and frying pan ...hope not.

I would take Red Bull over this plan to be quite honest.
  • Henslow appear to be the firm acting on behalf of the consortium, and not the consortium themselves?

At least that's how I've read it.
  • I think it has to be welcome news. If they turn out to be bad owners, nothing will have changed, but It will be hard to be worse than Roland. I suppose it might be quite hard going to Australia to protest. Seriously, If they come in and want to work with the fans to achieve their goals, there are probably no better fans they can work with.

I always thought it was starnge the club sold Fosters and not Stella. Now that will seem less strange!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    On first read that sounds dreadful.
    Four different people involved at the top. Messy.
    Bringing over players from Australia sounds the same as bringing players over from Belgium. Will Robinson, or Harry Kewell, have any say in what players come over?
    Urgh.
    Hopefully this flushes out a second bidder, that involves a Charlton connection (Varney etc)
  • edited April 2017
    Looks like they're connected with Richmond FC (Aussie Rules team)

Not sure who G Murphy is, might be interesting.

Yes, but on the grounds of they couldn't change the name of the club.. it just worries me that they'll ignore the history and the heritage of the club, stamp aussie branding all over it and stop Charlton being Charlton.

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I had the same worrying thoughts when I heard about Roland coming in for the club. Decided to give it a chance and well, we all know how that's turned out! Hopefully this will be good for the club, and they've got the capital to help us get back to where we belong without destroying everything about the club in the process.
  • Plan looks like it was drawn up on the back of a fag packet last night.
  • LuckyReds said:

I don't like this at all...especially the "plans to turn it into Australia's Football Club"...risk of changing names/the valley/kit etc?

I would take Red Bull over this plan to be quite honest.
    Sorry I was asked if he'd be happy with Red Bull because he was concerned about the change of name / stadium / kit... For me if Red Bull takes over then that happens 100% whereas this Australian Company its only 50% certain they'd do that at the moment (because we dont know much about them), when their slogan "Australia's First Premier League Football Club" could just refer to the people that own it.
  • edited April 2017
    sammy391 said:

I don't like this at all...especially the "plans to turn it into Australia's Football Club"...risk of changing names/the valley/kit etc?

I read that as making Charlton the (Premier league) team that everyone in Australia supports... bit like how Leicester are "Thailands team"!
    That makes more sense.

Still leaves some concern over their lack of capital and exactly what their feeder club plans are. These are two massive issues.

They're certainly ambitious though, perhaps overly so, and that's a contrast to the shower of shite we've currently got.

Id be interested to know what footballing chops they've got, and whether they'd give autonomy to the coaching and managerial staff.
  • Gerard Murphy worked for Palace!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!