Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    A guy wearing 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    1773, The Boston Tea Party, The Americans protest about British taxes.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    @JamesSeed
    So many missing your joke... That the Aussies want paying to take Charlton off RD's Hands.
    not particularly funny, or clever, for someone who;s claimed to be ITK this entire time now trying to get a cheap laugh out of the situation.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    @JamesSeed
    So many missing your joke... That the Aussies want paying to take Charlton off RD's Hands.
    not particularly funny, or clever, for someone who;s claimed to be ITK this entire time now trying to get a cheap laugh out of the situation.
    Maybe, but it clearly wasn't true when you read it.
  • Options
    Over the years a lot of people have, mostly in Britain.

• Options

Dazzler and Where's me ticket ..... many thanks for posting the Independent article.

Much appreciated!

• Options
    Chizz said:
    The EFL are RUBBISH.  I am glad their offer to buy the club got turned down. 
    Are you certain Chizz, because an EFL big wig had a Charlton scarfy on at the playoff final ?

It's happening!
  • Options
    The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Boston Tea Party. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    @JamesSeed
    Dazzler, jokes have been banned so Jimmy's comments have to be taken at face value. 
    The Aussies are to SOC what the Mouse trap is to the west end. 

Who Dun it ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    @JamesSeed
    It was a good one too! Keep laughing just thinking about it. My wife thinks I'm mad!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Charlton fans were left unimpressed by the EFL’s conclusions with the Coalition against Roland Duchatelet arguing that the league was ‘weak’ and could not stand up to owners

The EFL promised Charlton fans a review of the club 

Charlton Athletic fans have accused the EFL of weakness and time-wasting after the publication of a long-awaited ‘review’ into the club and the unpopular ownership of Roland Duchatelet.

The EFL promised Charlton fans a review of the club - initially requested by Duchatelet himself last September - but fans had heard nothing from the EFL until this week.

It was only on Tuesday evening, after the EFL had been asked by The Independent about the slow progress of the review, that the EFL got back in touch with the Charlton fans waiting for their findings. John Nagle, the EFL head of policy, wrote to fans with a 255-word note from former EFL CEO Shaun Harvey.

Harvey wrote that “the story of the breakdown in relationships at the club is a sad one” and that Duchatelet is “committed to finding a buyer for the club”. Harvey reported that he had made “representations” to Duchatelet that paying staff disputed bonuses would be a “positive gesture”. It made no reference to Duchatelet’s unusual insistence in February that the EFL should buy the club from him.

But Charlton fans were left unimpressed by the EFL’s conclusions, as well as their brevity and their lateness. CARD, the Coalition against Roland Duchatelet, said that the league was “weak” and could not stand up to owners.

T“The EFL have wasted everybody’s time - the staff’s, the supporters’ trust’s, CARD’s and even Duchatelet’s,” a CARD spokesperson told The Independent.

“Their ‘review’ has added nothing to the situation and does not answer any of the questions that he posed, never mind our own concerns. Despite all the warm words from Shaun Harvey in private they have done nothing except procrastinate for nine months. All they had to do was say at the outset that investigating the situation was outside their remit, because they are nothing more than the collective voice of the clubs.

“When it comes to it they will not call out owners however badly they behave because that is who they represent. They know the truth about Duchatelet, as do the media and everyone else, but they are weak and have no intention of standing up for the integrity of the game.”

The Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust (CAST) were also unimpressed with what the EFL eventually produced, pointing to how little analysis or criticism of Duchatelet there was in Shaun Harvey’s “review”.

“We are disappointed that the response we have finally received seems to make no effort to shed any light on or make any observations about why the club has experienced so much turmoil under Duchatelet's ownership and why so many long-term supporters have felt disillusioned and alienated,” said a statement on CAST’s website. “We had hoped for a slightly more incisive analysis of the conflict at the club between the owner and  staff and supporters than ‘the story of the breakdown in relationships at the club is a sad one.’”

The EFL insist that they never committed to a full-scale report into Charlton.

“The EFL has now considered a number of matters in relation to the running of Charlton Athletic and has communicated its findings to the Club's owners and supporter groups as per the previous commitment to do so,” an EFL spokesman told The Independent. “The League remains in contact with the Club and will continue to provide support in regard to any change of control application alongside monitoring any further developments, offering any practical assistance that is available to us as we seek to protect the integrity and reputation of our competitions.”

Independent Webpage 20/06/2019

If this is in breach of copyright or whatever please excuse and delete.

That's another way of saying - 'to ensure where possible that the Club fulfils its fixtures'.

That is the only thing that concerns them - fulfil your fixtures and you can do what you bloody well like.

So what would happen if they couldn't fulfill their fixtures?

Just asking!
  • Options
    I had a dream, Bonne & Taylor scored 25 goals each this season, we finished 3rd and won the play off final. LB became Sir LB, Duchatelet took his £77m and gave the club to the trust for a £1 and Dalman got some Middle east fellas to send us a fighting fund of £2Billion to win the PL!
  • Options
    I think the EFL report is a positive thing although doesn't say much, obviously it would be silly to send out if say Roland has left the club as owner so maybe this has been rushed through as they would know if something regarding the sale was in the pipeline. Seems strange to release so suddenly after all this time so my bet that its related 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    @JamesSeed
    Lighten up mate. I’ve been advised, quite rightly, not to take it all so seriously. 
    I don’t claim to be ITK, I had ITK thrust upon me. 

Anyway, 3.6k lols can’t all be wrong ;-)
    Depends on whether they are laughing with you or at you!! 
    Set you up nicely for that one!

It’s probably 50/50 at best if I’m honest :-)
  • Options
    Its gonna be Ashley, I'm telling you, no way the Aussies or Dalman alone, although Dalman might be coming in with Ashley money as a consortium, with the impending sale of Newcastle, the nonesense around Bowyer's on off signing this week it all adds up, timing is of the essence it alwys is.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    @JamesSeed
    Lighten up mate. I’ve been advised, quite rightly, not to take it all so seriously. 

Jim you are a top man but with Lols, it's always hard to tell?

If people are laughing with you or at you  :)
     :p 
  • Options
    Beardface said:
    I had a dream, Bonne & Taylor scored 25 goals each this season, we finished 3rd and won the play off final. LB became Sir LB, Duchatelet took his £77m and gave the club to the trust for a £1 and Dalman got some Middle east fellas to send us a fighting fund of £2Billion to win the PL!

Beardface said:

Can i have Two lots of what you are smoking?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    @JamesSeed

Jim you are a top man but with Lols, it's always hard to tell?

If people are laughing with you or at you  :)
     :p 
    It’s probably 50/50 at best, if I’m honest :-)
    (I can always fall back on my 11.1k likes though!)

Joking apart, I’m well aware that you lot are giving me an easy ride at the moment. That’s much appreciated. 

Btw very quiet from GM suddenly, which normally means something’s occurring. Obviously it probably won’t happen, before anyone says anything :-)

But please, no Ashley, he’d be horribly unsuitable for a club like Charlton. Newcastle fans hate him, which is good enough for me. 

I’m in the Dalman camp believe it or not. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    @JamesSeed

Jimmy you had ITK thrust upon you because the Aussies are using you to say what they want to get into the public domain. They’re not telling you all IMHO.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    @JamesSeed

Jimmy you had ITK thrust upon you because the Aussies are using you to say what they want to get into the public domain. They’re not telling you all IMHO.
    They weren’t at first, but might have been recently. I don’t have a problem with that so long as it’s truthful, which I’m pretty sure is the case. 
    Of course they’re not telling me all, and if they did I would be sworn to secrecy, as has happened before. 

But aren't they players back for pre season on 28th June? Whoever is trying to buy the club had better get a move on, and Roland had better stop effing everyone about. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Beardface said:

Beardface said:

Can i have Two lots of what you are smoking?
    It's Bonne & Taylor.  

Edit* the irony isn't lost on me that the only person who got it was @Garrymanilow ...
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Chizz said:
    The EFL are RUBBISH.  I am glad their offer to buy the club got turned down. 
    They failed their own due diligence test.
  • Options
    Bet they wished they changed their minds and stayed now.

What?
  • Options
    Anyone who thought the EFL would do anything in favour of fans or would have shown 1 iota of sympathy to our needs is more mad than Roland 

rude
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Its gonna be Ashley, I'm telling you, no way the Aussies or Dalman alone, although Dalman might be coming in with Ashley money as a consortium, with the impending sale of Newcastle, the nonesense around Bowyer's on off signing this week it all adds up, timing is of the essence it alwys is.
    The only people who think Ashley wants us are those who don't know anything about Ashley, how he operates and how he now views English Football in general at the moment (which is very negatively.)
  • Options
    Anyone who thought the EFL would do anything in favour of fans or would have shown 1 iota of sympathy to our needs is more mad than Roland 

Roland asked for the review and asked the EFL to report on a number of issues, including CARD’s responsibility for stories in the national press and the actual support among the staff for their letter protesting about the bonuses.

It would have been negligent, in my view, to simply say, “we’re not talking to you” while also complaining about the EFL’s wider failure.

As it is the statement, such as it is, at least gives no succour to any of RD’s claims about fans or staff, because the EFL recognises that they are so nonsensical that even they cannot stand behind them. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!