Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    The Aussies have reduced their price. They’re now willing to take the club off Roland’s hands for £30m.
    Can only assume that’s on the basis of the loss of playing squad assets
  • JamesSeed said:
    The Aussies have reduced their price. They’re now willing to take the club off Roland’s hands for £30m.
    At this rate I can seem them offering £20m this time next year when Roland will be looking to sell for £25m.
  • 1769, Gordon's London dry gin is first produced.
    This takeover thread also needs a tonic
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:
    These jokes all look the same to me.
    Please can we not - I hear this sort of stuff every week, and reading it "in jest" is properly tiresome - and worse coming from fellow Charlton fans
    Trust you're gonna take a dig at all the other "jokes" and not just mine....I might get offended.....singling me out....I'm going to HR, the council and the police.
    Classy.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Is this a genuine piece of news you are sharing?

So many comments unrelated to takeover now I am unsure what's intended as a joke and what's news.

If genuine the offer of 30m has reduced from what sum and inclusive of directors loans or not?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Fook me, that's Roland's tactics.
    Make an offer, if it's not accepted, reduce the offer.
    These clowns would be great at an auction.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Anyway, as they are still trying to raise money 2 years down the line, it doesn't matter what the price is.
  • edited June 2019
    Calm down everyone ffs there's no way he meant it in that way. 

I saw it and never made the connection and loled it. 

Bad coincidence that's all I'm sure.
    Er yes quite... if I've put my foot in it someone's going to have to explain to me. I just saw all the off topic Chinese jokes, PC gone mad etc. stuff and deemed this thread to be spiraling out of control. If there's another connotation, it wasn't what I meant.
    The link between Dalman and Sala's plane crash? Appreciate you didn't mean it but rather obvious to me.
  • I might join their consortium with the fiver I just found down the back of the sofa... 
    You’re in. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Fook me, that's Roland's tactics.
    Make an offer, if it's not accepted, reduce the offer.
    These clowns would be great at an auction.
    Or maybe their view is the longer RD dicks around the less chance they have of putting a Championship squad together to stay up so the value reduces.  Seems sound business sense to me.
  • JamesSeed said:
    I might join their consortium with the fiver I just found down the back of the sofa... 
    You’re in charge as the main investor. 

• Sponsored links:

• Fair play Paddy, for having the patience to go through all that lot.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Aribo off in the morning then
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Stig said:
    Fair play Paddy, for having the patience to go through all that lot.
    Did you see how patient I was then? Did you?
    Careful now or you'll be accused of Russell Slade-ism ;-)
  • JamesSeed said:
    That's not a negotiating tactic.

It's an escape clause...
  • Calm down everyone ffs there's no way he meant it in that way. 

I saw it and never made the connection and loled it. 

Bad coincidence that's all I'm sure.
    Er yes quite... if I've put my foot in it someone's going to have to explain to me. I just saw all the off topic Chinese jokes, PC gone mad etc. stuff and deemed this thread to be spiraling out of control. If there's another connotation, it wasn't what I meant.
    The link between Dalman and Sala's plane crash? Appreciate you didn't mean it but rather obvious to me.
    I'm sure he hadn't seen those posts @Weegie Addick amongst all the jokes which he was pointing at and even if he had didn't register them in the context of the gif.

Really not Exiled's style to make fun out of something like that.

• I appreciate from his reaction that he didn't mean it. If you read the thread and don't just skim for jokes/ puns, it was pretty obvious,  though. 
  • What have I missed?
  • What have I missed?
    Exiled posted the gif of the plane spinning out of control.

I believe it was a coincidence that it appeared on the same day that more info came about the Sala situation and people on here started to discuss if Dalman was implicated.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!