Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    cafcwill said:
    sam3110 said:
    Ok looks like our last hope is one of the buyers pushes through a sale and Bowyer agrees terms with the new owners, which probably has a less than 0.01% chance of happening.

Euell to be caretaker manager for the next 8 months as Jackson also walks with Bowyer, Gallen and Marshall
    Euell would say no
    Nonef that current Coaching team will stay on, apart from Marshall who signed a 2 year deal. 
    I think JJ would stay. But I also think it’s just possible Roland might reach agreement with Bowyer tomorrow, perhaps with a temporary six moth contract. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Heard slightly more positive news from Aussies just now. I was pretty despondent this morning, slightly less so now. At least they’re not completely out of the running. 
    Harry Kewell it is then as Manager :wink:.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Heard slightly more positive news from Aussies just now. I was pretty despondent this morning, slightly less so now. At least they’re not completely out of the running.  to the beast with two backs, ie, two stops before lime street 
    Go on 😏
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    cafcwill said:
    sam3110 said:
    Ok looks like our last hope is one of the buyers pushes through a sale and Bowyer agrees terms with the new owners, which probably has a less than 0.01% chance of happening.

Euell to be caretaker manager for the next 8 months as Jackson also walks with Bowyer, Gallen and Marshall
    Euell would say no
    Nonef that current Coaching team will stay on, apart from Marshall who signed a 2 year deal. 
    I think JJ would stay. But I also think it’s just possible Roland might reach agreement with Bowyer tomorrow, perhaps with a temporary six moth contract. 
    Bowyer won't accept that. He'll know full well there are loads more moths in Roland's wallet.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    cafcwill said:
    sam3110 said:

Euell would say no
    Dream on mate. If I was Bowyer I’d tell him where to shove it and then go public.
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    cafcwill said:
    sam3110 said:

Euell would say no
    Dream on mate. If I was Bowyer I’d tell him where to shove it and then go public.
    I would prefer him to demonstrate rather than tell him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    This is what it does.  I just suggested shooting someone.

I'm supposed to be a snowflake.
  • Options

Keep pressing the "Roland Out" button at the foot of the page.

It makes me feel a bit better.
    Press it enough times, and one day it will come true.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Heard slightly more positive news from Aussies just now. I was pretty despondent this morning, slightly less so now. At least they’re not completely out of the running. 
    I am greatful for anybody even remotely ITK to post on here. But a little less cryptically, would be better. Are you saying they are passing milestones with the acquisition, or are they now believe they can challenge a different takeover attempt?
    Apologies. I actually misunderstood something they said, meaning I thought they were struggling with finances. I would have rated their chances of buying the club at 5% at that time. Bit higher now. 
  • Options
    I haven't read all of the recent posts since the "statement", just because it is so depressing.
    The idiotic owner has taken his idiocy to a new level. Surely he has to realise that Bowyer is an asset and should be offered a decent contract, not only to secure his services, but to reward him for his successes. The same applies to Aribo and Bauer. With the push for cost cutting it would appear to me that Duchatelet is penny wise but pound foolish.
    Surely any prospective owner would want its assets secured and if they are not secured then the price of the club in any sale would be reduced. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I am greatful for anybody even remotely ITK to post on here. But a little less cryptically, would be better. Are you saying they are passing milestones with the acquisition, or are they now believe they can challenge a different takeover attempt?
    Apologies. I actually misunderstood something they said, meaning I thought they were struggling with finances. I would have rated their chances of buying the club at 5% at that time. Bit higher now. 
    Great so after almost 2 years their chances of buying the club is now somewhere between 5 and 10%.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can I just point out that my slightly too long post was ‘liked’ by the king of long posts.
    I feel I’ve arrived and can retire now!
     :D 
    TLTR
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    So there seems to be at least two parties in the running. If that’s the case how close can anyone really be?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    cafcwill said:
    sam3110 said:

Euell would say no
    I think the term (one year FFS) of the deal offered to Bowyer was as much an issue as the salary. Don’t see Bowyer accepting a new deal on half the term originally offered.
  • Options
    Should have given him the 200k we spent on the striker. Rather survive on free transfers and loans than lose bow 
  • Options

Breaking news - Lee Bowyer has agreed a contract extension with #cafc.

• Options
    Rolands unpredictable, let's hope he agrees to a sale this week and everyone can move on 
  • Options
    Come on sell up.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!