Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I dont think we will hear much from lee this week not unless it's already agreed!!!
  • Top man, Lee. Let the bastard sweat (Roland, not the poor old fish)
  • Addickted said:
    1747, Samuel Johnson starts his dictionary of the English language. It was to take him 7 years to complete.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOSYiT2iG08
    Sausage!
  • I wonder if all these people involved in the takeover that we keep hearing about encountered on trains are bumping into any of those Millwall and Pompey fans on the East Croydon line
  • FAVADDICK said:
    I dont think we will hear much from lee this week not unless it's already agreed!!!
    You know digital signatures can be submitted by phone/tablet/pc etc right?
  • I thought it was a picture taken of Lee's negotiations with the old carp Duchatelet! 
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    Croydon said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Croydon said:
    Not sure any 'ITK' posters should be taking the piss out of people posting rumours, even if it is JA. Those done deals and two tough weeks have hardly played out well have they? 
    Croydon you have to remember that I didn’t say two weeks, I said GM thought (or hoped?) it would be done in two weeks. That was 100% the case. Wasn’t my fault it didn’t happen. Not even GM’s probably. Pretty sad that a year later people are banging on about it as if they were somehow cheated. ‘Don’t take it all so serious’.
    #Snowflakes #;-)
    Appreciate that JS, and in fairness I've only picked on you and Airman there because  you happen to have had a memorable take over 'catchphrase'. I just don't think it's fair for anyone to dig out the likes of Doucher/JA etc when no one has actually been proved right on anything. 
    My wife is always right about everything, as for proof she told me.
    Think you misunderstood - you always being in the wrong isn’t the same as her being always right, I think.
  • Good to see Bowyer getting involved in the fish puns. 
    He is off the scale
  • edited June 2019
    Let's hope he stays and ignores Roland carping on about sale terms.. 
  • Let's hope he stays and ignores Roland carping on about sale terms.. 
    If Roland offers Bow a tench of what he's asking I'd be surprised.

We'll end up with a cast off from another tiddler. 
  • CAFCBell said:
    Good to see Bowyer getting involved in the fish puns. 
    He is off the scale
    After a week carping about his contract, he deserves a week away from it.
  • bobmunro said:

Last battle fought on British Soil at Culludon where a Scot with a French accent and an army of Scots is defeated by a German with an army of Scots
    One of my direct ancestors was killed at the Battle of Falkirk three months earlier - the penultimate battle on British soil.
    Which side was he on?
    The winning side! Sir Robert Munro of Foulis died at Falkirk and was given a heroes burial by the Jacobites. He was the brother of my great (x7) grandfather.

The clan fought with Robert the Bruce at Bannockburn, and for the King against the Jacobites four hundred years later. 

Munros - backing winners for 800 years!

• Sponsored links:

• Mal said:
    CAFCBell said:
    Good to see Bowyer getting involved in the fish puns. 
    He is off the scale
    After a week carping about his contract, he deserves a week away from it.
    Looks like he has gone to his favourite plaice. 
  • bobmunro said:

Last battle fought on British Soil at Culludon where a Scot with a French accent and an army of Scots is defeated by a German with an army of Scots
    One of my direct ancestors was killed at the Battle of Falkirk three months earlier - the penultimate battle on British soil.
    Which side was he on?
    Robert and Duncan, brave men to the end.
    Both bonny men.
    Yes, Duncan died trying to save his brother. 

• Dazzler21 said:
    I reckon Lee's already signed a new contract and decided to go off for a spot of fishing whilst the new owner thrash out a deal with Roly.  Wouldn't that be something?
    I think you're so much closer to the truth than anyone else on this threaded line. 
    I honestly believe this to be the case.  Bowyer wouldn't have gone otherwise.
  • I'd think I would flounder if I had to read 10 pages of fish puns.
  • I'd think I would flounder if I had to read 10 pages of fish puns.
    Stop carping on for God’s sake!
  • bobmunro said:
    I'd think I would flounder if I had to read 10 pages of fish puns.
    Stop carping on for Cod’s sake!
    Edited for the obvious one that got away. 😂
  • I am sure eel feel the peacefulness of a weeks fishing
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Which side was he on?
    The winning side! Sir Robert Munro of Foulis died at Falkirk and was given a heroes burial by the Jacobites. He was the brother of my great (x7) grandfather.

The clan fought with Robert the Bruce at Bannockburn, and for the King against the Jacobites four hundred years later. 

Munros - backing winners for 800 years!

I'd have a dab in the gambling industry with a background like that ....oh wait a minute 
  • 1748, The Camberwell Beauty butterfly was named after a specimen was found there.
  • 1748, The Camberwell Beauty butterfly was named after a specimen was found there.
    Strange - you wouldn't have thought they would name it after a container of piss!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!