Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CafcCrazy said:
    I’ve liked the opening post as I feel a bit sorry for Henry. 
    Never feel sorry for Henry as he isn't a snow flake and loves a bit of banter. 
    Every time I've seen him he has a bullet proof vest on ?

Sorry, meant Bullet proof Jumper.
  • CafcCrazy said:
    Original post once had a promote and 165 likes.

Nearly all removed by a jealous admin
  • mrbligh said:
    Quoting the second comment in this thread, the Aussie consortium page still exists, unchanged in years...
  • 1745, The first recorded women's cricket match takes place.
  • CafcCrazy said:
    Feel more sorry for Mrs Henry.
    Where,who, what was the score? And was it really worth watching like today’s sportswomen.
  • "Changing Trains at Clapham Junction" a well known euphemism among certain circles.
    I have friends in the Wirral, they have a genuine euphemism called “got off at edge hill”  when it comes to the beast with two backs, ie, two stops before lime street 
    Bowling the first maiden over occured in this match.
  • mrbligh said:
    Quoting the second comment in this thread, the Aussie consortium page still exists, unchanged in years...
    The Webpage looks so amateurish looking back now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    On a plus note I bet the idiots think that if they buy the club they'll be immune from protests on their doorstep because they're so far away. Ready to step up to the plate @OzAddick and become the Aussie One if need be?
    Idiots is a tad harsh at this stage.
    Looking back at page 1. "Idiots" is/was fair. Great foresight @ForeverAddickted
  • Good thread this 
  • Staying on track.
    I hope I'm on the right lines here but I had very interesting long chats to two men I was a stranger too on trains. Both guys told be so many things about the behind the scenes activities at Cafc. I can spell bullshit from 10 paces but I believed both of these guys 100% ?

It was enjoyable traveling with Johnny Humphrey from London Bridge to Charlton and again from Charlton to London Bridge after a game last season where Charlton and Wolves the team Johnny spent his earlier career with was talked about as well as JH career as PE and football coach at a school.(the team from Surrey wasn't mentioned)

Also had a great chat with Paul Mortimer about the Rooney rule and all things Charlton from new Eltham to London and London to East Croydon.

Neither had a clue about how the SOC would pan out 

Ps. Please PM me for time of trains, stops and numbers.
    Best right back since I have been going, way back in '76.
    Agree Elf's,
    By a strange quirk of fate, my fav LB was Rhoys Wiggins and we ended up sitting next to each other for the Donny home semi final. As we know injuries ruined his career and it's sad to hear him say that the 2 years he lost when at Palace at just 17 stopped him reaching his potential. I don't usually brown nose players but did say he played some great stuff for Cafc with his attacking wing back runs when fit. It's crazy to think that at just 30 he had to find a new career. Rhoys is studying sports nutrition and living in Bucks. Rarely goes to football now as I think it has too many sad memories at the moment, he also said when on loan at Birmingham he felt that the knee injury would be his lot as not only was his knee spent but unfortunately so was his spirit.
    Another good guy who has played for Cafc and he never wanted to leave(settled with his family in Shortlands) but having signed the contract  he then had more injuries, he realized that he would be moved on as football is a cut throat business.

Ps. Heard on CL that he went to the final as well.
    Staying on track.
    I hope I'm on the right lines here but I had very interesting long chats to two men I was a stranger too on trains. Both guys told be so many things about the behind the scenes activities at Cafc. I can spell bullshit from 10 paces but I believed both of these guys 100% ?

It was enjoyable traveling with Johnny Humphrey from London Bridge to Charlton and again from Charlton to London Bridge after a game last season where Charlton and Wolves the team Johnny spent his earlier career with was talked about as well as JH career as PE and football coach at a school.(the team from Surrey wasn't mentioned)

Also had a great chat with Paul Mortimer about the Rooney rule and all things Charlton from new Eltham to London and London to East Croydon.

Agree Elf's,
    By a strange quirk of fate, my fav LB was Rhoys Wiggins and we ended up sitting next to each other for the Donny home semi final. As we know injuries ruined his career and it's sad to hear him say that the 2 years he lost when at Palace at just 17 stopped him reaching his potential. I don't usually brown nose players but did say he played some great stuff for Cafc with his attacking wing back runs when fit. It's crazy to think that at just 30 he had to find a new career. Rhoys is studying sports nutrition and living in Bucks. Rarely goes to football now as I think it has too many sad memories at the moment, he also said when on loan at Birmingham he felt that the knee injury would be his lot as not only was his knee spent but unfortunately so was his spirit.
    Another good guy who has played for Cafc and he never wanted to leave(settled with his family in Shortlands) but having signed the contract  he then had more injuries, he realized that he would be moved on as football is a cut throat business.

I was chatting to Humphreys in Boxpark before the match. Really nice bloke 
  • edited June 2019
    Croydon said:
    Staying on track.

Agree Elf's,

Staying on track.

Agree Elf's,

Croydon said:
    Staying on track.

Agree Elf's,

Staying on track.

Agree Elf's,

Agree Croydon,
    And despite his 7 years at Wolves and sometime at a club in Surrey, he said WE when talking about Charlton. 
    1755 - England Women were all out for 7.
  • DA9 said:
    "Changing Trains at Clapham Junction" a well known euphemism among certain circles.
    I have friends in the Wirral, they have a genuine euphemism called “got off at edge hill”  when it comes to the beast with two backs, ie, two stops before lime street 
    I've heard "He's 2 stops short of Becontree that one" (Barking [mad])
    Given my Jacobite sympathies, I am aghast... 
  • edited June 2019
    Staying on track.

Agree Elf's,

@soapboxsam I found this a really interesting post as i too really rated him and loved watching him play. I'm suprised to hear him say that about his Palace days, because I thought we were getting him on a really good track (wasn't he picked for Wales while with us). I always had the impression that I saw the moment that did for him, ironically that sodding game at home to Palace when Zaha was on fire and literally turned him inside out, and he went down injured trying to stop him. Do you recall it the same way? Before that moment he had done one of his trademark attacking runs, I think before BWP's wrongly disallowed goal. It was one of those games where things happened that seemed to me to have had a lasting (bad) effect. What do you reckon? Can't see anything else on this thread worth discussing...
    I remember it the same as you but decided not to mention when he was torn a new one by Zaha or even worse call him sick note !
    The only interpretation of his comments are like all young lads in academies you dream of playing in the Premier and at 19 and missing 2 years of vital development Rhoys maybe felt his body wouldn't allow this ?

I think its looking back just a year after his career is finished that he is seeing the dark not the light which is understandable.

In a 11 year career Rhoys played 200 matches, 124 for Cafc over nearly 4 years.
    So we saw the best of his injury racked career. 
    I wonder if that figure is correct because that would be 30 odd a season for Charlton.
    Saw that on wiki so could well be wrong ?

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    CafcCrazy said:
    Original post once had a promote and 165 likes.

Nearly all removed by a jealous admin
    How many abuse flags did it have though ;)
  • CafcCrazy said:
    Never feel sorry for Henry as he isn't a snow flake and loves a bit of banter. 
    Every time I've seen him he has a bullet proof vest on ?

Sorry, meant Bullet proof cardigan Jumper.

• Skipped reading the last few posts but is that right that Rhoys Wiggins is buying us?
    This SOC thread is rented out at the weekend for any other business. 
  • Skipped reading the last few posts but is that right that Rhoys Wiggins is buying us?
    This SOC thread is rented out at the weekend for any other business. 
    It stayed on point when it was called “The takeover thread”, I do remember those days fondly...
  • edited June 2019
    1746, The Battle of Culloden, The last battle fought on British soil.
  • https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9302979/crystal-palace-takoever-talks-chinese-businessman-220m/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballfacebook160619&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1560642039

2+2? 
    Harris wanted to buy us a little while back, and Blitzer has just gone through successful negotiations with Duchatelet to buy Alcorcon 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!