Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    That timeline would correspond with the play off defeat. Perhaps, and this is just me speculating, some of the consortium members weren't willing to go ahead withthe club still being in league 1 but the price being asked not reflecting that.

WIITOS
  • Options

That timeline would correspond with the play off defeat. Perhaps, and this is just me speculating, some of the consortium members weren't willing to go ahead withthe club still being in league 1 but the price being asked not reflecting that.

WIITOS

Wild Interpretation Ignoring The Official Site. :wink:
  • Options
    Wrong Initials In There, Old Son
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

micks1950 said:

Here is the trust's report on the takeover discussion at the fan's forum.
    It's a more informative read than the OS.
    I still think the most likely delay is that the Aussies haven't got the funds, albeit that the agreed price, is no doubt too high.

If the Aussie consortium had the cash months ago and had agreed the price (both parties said they had agreed).
    Why hasn't the sale been completed and why are the Aussies no longer the Aussies, but are Aussies plus others ?
    https://www.castrust.org/2018/10/takeover-update-2/

I thought we more or less knew the answer to that at the time that papers were first submitted to the EFL.

I can't remember who, but a poster on here said that a contact within the EFL had told them that there was a problem with one or two of the 'Aussies' investors having interests in other clubs?

That in itself is obviously worrying as you would expect a group of business people with professional advisers to have been fully familiar with the EFL's regulations and made sure that they met before submitting the takeover for approval - but it does fit with what we've been told since about the Aussies needing to submit some 'additional documents' to the EFL and also why the 'consortium' may now be the 'Aussies plus others'.

I don’t believe that to have been the case. My understanding is that the investor/s withdrew because the price didn’t stack up.
    are you saying Airman that the aussies have withdrawn there offer as far as you know ?
    I’m saying that an individual or individuals were unwilling to proceed, rather than being disqualified, so the assumption is they needed to be replaced within the consortium.
    At what stage in the process do you understand that an individual or individuals were unwilling to proceed because the price didn’t stack up, and so pulled out of the consortium?

As mentioned above, a price must have been 'agreed' within the consortium and with Duchatelet at some point - otherwise surely the takeover wouldn't have been submitted to the EFL for approval in June?

The Club claimed in their July 12th statement:

"Around one month ago, the first document was lodged with the EFL but not all required documents have yet been submitted to the EFL. There are one or two still outstanding. There has been no need for anything to be resubmitted....

"The documents have to be lodged by someone at the club or with the club copied in. The Australians have been sending their documents to the EFL with LDT copied in".
    I agree, but something changed. I don’t believe anyone was rejected by the EFL and if that had been the case I don’t think they would need a meeting with Duchatelet to understand the current situation.
  • Options
    As far as I'm aware, no one was rejected. Just that there was some issues with the initial submission that appeared to be resolved fairly quickly.

Whatever hold up there has been is subsequent to the initial submission - most likely a change in the make up of the consortium. I suspect new paperwork will be submitted for approval once the 'revised' consortium is in place and they are able to meet Duchatalets requirements. And who knows how far away we are from that.

• Options
    The simple explanation is Roland has set a rip off price.
    He won't get it so he will sell players in January
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I think that is almost certain.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Isn't a transfer embrgo (I know it is usually buying) something that the EFL could instigate provided they can find an obscure rule that has been infringed ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    HarryLime said:

Hex said:

seth plum said:

Isn't a transfer embrgo (I know it is usually buying) something that the EFL could instigate provided they can find an obscure rule that has been infringed ?
    Rule 19.05: Clubs are not permitted to engage in any player transfer activities if the clubs owner is a cock.
    Is that 19 05 every evening?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Which will mean at least another season on this awful league.
  • Options
    sussed it , the Aussie documents have bern sent by boat and in an effort to save the planet its a rowing boat
  • Options
    Addickted said:

As far as I'm aware, no one was rejected. Just that there was some issues with the initial submission that appeared to be resolved fairly quickly.

Whatever hold up there has been is subsequent to the initial submission - most likely a change in the make up of the consortium. I suspect new paperwork will be submitted for approval once the 'revised' consortium is in place and they are able to meet Duchatalets requirements. And who knows how far away we are from that.

If it's ever in place.
  • Options

well, something had better happen soon. If we are not taken over by December then I fear for next season. Most of our squad are out of contract in the summer & I cant see too many wanting to re-sign if RD is still the owner. Could be a big couple of months coming up - both on & off the field.

I'm sure they'll be re sign all the time they are still being paid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:

Article in When Saturday Comes

blockquote>

When did "When Saturday comes" join CARD? ;)

About the same time as the rest of the British media joined CARD - and a bit before the Belgian media joined ROT? :)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    micks1950 said:

He was 'furious' with Fawaz and broke of negotiations with him because of the 'breach of trust' of posting a picture of his tour of the Valley on social media.

I just don't believe the "he was angry with Fawaz so he stopped negotiations" line of reasoning, in the press. I am sure he did not want it going public, but if Fawaz ran over Roland's dog, I think Douchatelet would take Fawaz' offer if it met his price. Since when does RD care about things like confidentiality.... at least compared to money? Answer.... never. If Fawaz offers £45-50M, Roland would grab it right away, confidentiality be damned.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    BTW, as I claimed a year ago.... I don't think £40M gets a clean sale. I think he wants closer to £50M for that. As the article states, the debt is now £65M and rising, probably by about £600k per month, assuming player sales and cost reductions have reduced the previous loss run-rate of £1M/month. So by season's end, debt will exceed £70M. I just don't see the old fart eating £30M+ to sell. Just don't! I know everyone says the club ain't worth close to that, but I don't think RD cares what anyone else thinks.

I think the hold up is not just the price but the ad-ons and player transfer profits and other such stuff I suspect he wants, which I think RD will want until he gets closer to £50M, all-in. Unless we are top 6 by Christmas, I think he will sell Taylor, KAG and Aribo in the winter and will keep doing that every window as a further way to reduce the difference between the bid and ask price. Just bleed the club dry and sell the bones.

Yeah, I think it is that dire. And yeah, I think he is potentially that bad.
  • Options
    And between now and Christmas he loses roughly another 2.5 million. Taylor, KG and Aribo won’t cover that.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

micks1950 said:

He was 'furious' with Fawaz and broke of negotiations with him because of the 'breach of trust' of posting a picture of his tour of the Valley on social media.

I just don't believe the "he was angry with Fawaz so he stopped negotiations" line of reasoning, in the press. I am sure he did not want it going public, but if Fawaz ran over Roland's dog, I think Douchatelet would take Fawaz' offer if it met his price. Since when does RD care about things like confidentiality.... at least compared to money? Answer.... never. If Fawaz offers £45-50M, Roland would grab it right away, confidentiality be damned.
    But you have selectively quoted part of my post out of context.

I have no idea whether Duchateley was ‘furious’ at Fawaz or not (hence the inverted commas).

I was simply contrasting @Stu_of_Kunming’s suggestion that

“In my opnion They [the Aussies] always planned to drop their offer at the last minute, assuming douchbag would have no choice but to accept, however, we know RD was furious at this and point blank refused”.

with what happened with Fawaz, and suggesting that if Duchatelet was willing to break off further contact with Fawaz apparently for posting a picture of his Valley tour on social media then how to explain his continued contact with the Aussies (as I said in the part of my post you missed out)?:

“Yet he's still involved with the Aussies who you suggest agreed a price and then tried to 'low ball' him with a premeditated price drop at the last minute?

• Options
    So do you think we'll get another statement of sorts this week? LDT is here now, and recently when he arrives something happens.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Oddily that has taken 6 months since price was agreed. I wonder it has taken that long.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!