Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Did I read somewhere that Scotch Muir was involved with Carillion? Coz they're £900m in the shit
  • J BLOCK said:

Karl Robinson has been talking to fans again. Has suggested the club may be sold next week. Via Glynne’s mailing list - reliable longstanding poster.

“A friend just bumped into Karl near the teams Bury hotel. 12 fit players today and JFC/Solly will be on the bench to make it look good - with no chance of coming on.

“Ricky has been sold from under Karl's feet as a debt management exercise, which the potential new owners are aware of ahead of the sale hopefully going through next week. That aligns to the 18th January rumour.

“PS Karl also said that Roland is a bastard! Tell us something we don't know.”

Why would any potential owners with ambition be ok with Holmes being sold - worrying
    I wouldn’t necessarily knock any potential new owners for this.
    Duchatelet is a law unto himself.
  • edited January 2018

J BLOCK said:

Karl Robinson has been talking to fans again. Has suggested the club may be sold next week. Via Glynne’s mailing list - reliable longstanding poster.

“A friend just bumped into Karl near the teams Bury hotel. 12 fit players today and JFC/Solly will be on the bench to make it look good - with no chance of coming on.

“Ricky has been sold from under Karl's feet as a debt management exercise, which the potential new owners are aware of ahead of the sale hopefully going through next week. That aligns to the 18th January rumour.

Why would any potential owners with ambition be ok with Holmes being sold - worrying
    So you think RD would sell the team's best player without the new owners approval while in negotiations and the new owners would not care? Or have input?
  • Mike Ashley is no angel....but....

In comparison to what we have now, his ownership would be a huge step up and he would be very welcome.
    Cant see it happening though.

If he wants to profit in a football club then buying Charlton is certainly the way to go. The fans return to the valley get the place rocking again. Recruit wisely and affectively (when I say wisely I do not mean dennis wise) then push to get us in the premier league!

Whoever is currently in talks with Roland about a take-over may just be a rather terrible negotiator...on the basis that valuable assets (our best player) has been sold for money that they will not see.

• sam3110 said:

This thread has now passed 1 million views.

Chinese anyone?

Sure, if you're paying, I'll have crispy seaweed, beef in black bean sauce, shredded duck and pancakes, egg fried rice and some spare ribs please mate
    Respect.
    Just add sweet and sour chicken and you’ve got the perfect Chinese takeaway.
    So are you suggesting we have new Chinese owners with RM still in the loop?
    No, I was just feeling hungry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Be another MS and TJ with another sercet backer not a billionaire.

D Muir and Alex as a FD with a secret backer say £400m.
  • Scoham said:

Why anyone wouldn't welcome Ashley is perplexing. he's worth £2.3 Billion, what's not to like?

Know what you mean though isn't RD now worth over a billion...

Not that I wouldn't take Ashley over RD.
    And if he had wanted to he could, quite easily, have kept us in the Championship and if he had wanted to, with his available funds, given us a chance of returning to the Premier League
    He did not, however, care about results or league positions and that is why we are now in League One.
    IMO anyone will be better.
    Absolutely.
    And he blamed the failure on all and sundry except himself and his chief executive.
    His chief executive was one Katrien Meire just in case anyone has forgotten.
  • I’m speculating

Not forgetting RM with a place at the top table too.

Hopefully below the salt.
  • masicat said:

I’m speculating

we call it something else where i come from.

Hopefully below the salt.
    I thought she’d gone to Sheffield Wednesday ?
  • J BLOCK said:

So you think RD would sell the team's best player without the new owners approval while in negotiations and the new owners would not care? Or have input?
    In principle I agree with you, but I’m suggesting that with Duchatelet the normal rules of engagement may not apply.
  • masicat said:

I’m speculating

Filthy bastard!!

:wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018

In principle I agree with you, but I’m suggesting that with Duchatelet the normal rules of engagement may not apply.

I keep forgetting that I cannot expect rational decisions by Roland.
  • Don't think Muir was directly involved with Carillion but he has been a director of a couple of NHS Trusts.
  • edited January 2018

So basically we are non the wiser ?

Yes
    Which is wise not to get too stressed over random tweets/facebook messages but wait until there is some communication from official sources.

Communicated via an official website? :wink:
    Like the WW3 warning from the official Hawaiian government website. That kind of thing?
    Wouldn't it be cool if the takeover was announced like that.
    Via a nuclear missile strike on Hawaii? Seems a bit ott if I’m being honest.
  • Slightly sceptical about this, mainly because I don't see why Ashley would want to invest in a 3rd tier club, especially as he's not from SE London, but rather from Bucks.

That criteria fits pretty much every owner we have had in recent years and certainly the vast majority of those speculated as being potential new owners.

Even Murray was a Wolves fan wasn't he? (or not sure if I imagined that)
    Yes he was
  • Slightly sceptical about this, mainly because I don't see why Ashley would want to invest in a 3rd tier club, especially as he's not from SE London, but rather from Bucks.

That criteria fits pretty much every owner we have had in recent years and certainly the vast majority of those speculated as being potential new owners.

Even Murray was a Wolves fan wasn't he? (or not sure if I imagined that)
    Murray had been watching us at Selhurst

The thing about Ashley is that he's already had the whole "owning an English club thing", and knows the hassle that it can be. Why go through it again, but in the 3rd division?
    Yes he did, friend of Martin Simons but a wolves supporter all the same
  • edited January 2018

Don't think Muir was directly involved with Carillion but he has been a director of a couple of NHS Trusts.

He's probably just popped in to watch a game whilst he renews the lease on the ticket office call center...
  • ...His business motto is... "just because I am born with genes does not mean I am the best person to run the business...

Thats certainly is a unique business motto.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!