Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• There has been lots of speculation about who the Scots backers are but thats all it is speculation.
  • Redhenry said:

Sorry, I thought the bid I heard about had walked away, it turns out that they are still in. Although they were very close to walking away last week. Don't shoot the messenger!

My god you are a tease, but we still love you.
    Well at least, until you tell us its off again.
  • So basically we are non the wiser ?
  • Redhenry said:

Sorry, I thought the bid I heard about had walked away, it turns out that they are still in. Although they were very close to walking away last week. Don't shoot the messenger!

You tease

Yes

Yes
    Which is wise not to get too stressed over random tweets/facebook messages but wait until there is some communication from official sources.

• edited January 2018

So basically we are non the wiser ?

Yes
    Which is wise not to get too stressed over random tweets/facebook messages but wait until there is some communication from official sources.

Communicated via an official website? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

Yes

Yes, that would be reliable
  • bobmunro said:

Yes

WIOTOS is dead.

Long live CVAOW.

have to move with the times.

• Uboat said:

As long as we have the potential to be a decent premier league side I think most people would be very happy at charlton.

If we finished 7th - 12th in the Championship every year for the remainder of my life I would be very happy.
    I've just texted this to an Ipswich fan I know. His reply:

"Very tedious!! Attendances drop off. Half of us wouldn’t mind being relegated just to experience something different!"

The grass really is always greener, isn't it?

Yes

Like the WW3 warning from the official Hawaiian government website. That kind of thing?
    Wouldn't it be cool if the takeover was announced like that.
  • Leuth said:

Uboat said:

As long as we have the potential to be a decent premier league side I think most people would be very happy at charlton.

If we finished 7th - 12th in the Championship every year for the remainder of my life I would be very happy.
    I've just texted this to an Ipswich fan I know. His reply:

"Very tedious!! Attendances drop off. Half of us wouldn’t mind being relegated just to experience something different!"

The grass really is always greener, isn't it?
    Are you sure his phone hadn't been hacked by a Norwich fan?
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

Yes

Like the WW3 warning from the official Hawaiian government website. That kind of thing?
    Wouldn't it be cool if the takeover was announced like that.
    I’m not sure there would be that great an interest in the takeover announcement in Hawaii.

Hawaii the lads.
    Brilliant
  • edited January 2018
    kentaddick said
    My experience with both the Belgian and Dutch is completely the opposite. They’re some of the kindest and warmest people I’ve ever met.

My experience too.
  • Blokes 71 years old ffs, you'd think he'd take the most sensible offer and go sit on a beach somewhere drinking cold lager

Never understand what motivates these people TBH. When you've got enough, look after the people you love and go off & enjoy it.
    You've have to be mad to want to go through all this.....
    You said it mlc.................without question, he displays some very significant sociopathic tendencies.
    Whether that actually makes one a sociopath or not is, I guess, debatable.
    At what stage a person is diagnosed as being an actual full blown sociopath I don’t know......but I assume there are different degrees?
    My understanding of sociopathy is that the diagnosis would be antisocial personality disorder. However IMHO he doesn't fit the criteria very closely. People with this type of personalty disorder tend to have been involved with petty crime/violence in their younger years and carry this on into their adult life. They are often highly impulsive and take risks. I would say that Roland's bank balance has been built up by well calculated 'risks'.

He does show signs of narcissism - possibly narcissistic personality disorder. I doubt he'd ever get near a psychiatrist (lucky bugger!) as he's apparently high functioning and pretty stable.
    Interesting stuff tatters......thanks for your opinion.
    He does though show an extraordinary lack of empathy or understanding of others loyalty or emotional attachment......does he not?
    Isn’t that one of the criteria of being a sociopath?
    It is, but it's also common in other disorders. He does, from what little I know about his private life, seem to show loyalty to some - eg Katrien. He's also been married, for a reasonable time as far as I know, and currently has a partner of a few years, suggesting there is some stability in his relationships. I still recon narcissistic personality is a little closer but still doesn't completely fit.

My money's on him just being a complete knob.
    Already my front runner for post of the year.
  • If there are any outgoing player sales ( Konsa , Holmes ) this month then I think that will tell us there is no imminent takeover. You wouldn't agree to buy a house and then the seller.........................

removes all the light bulbs?
    As I think I’ve said before, despite everything this is why I love being a Charlton fan.
  • Uboat said:

I feel sorry for whoever has to do the contents and index when this thread is published in book form.

Dutch, The
    - rudeness, warmth 314
    - frankness 315

Pleased to announce that I’ve taken forward orders of in excess of one million copies.
  • To be fair to mike ashley he’s clearly learned throughout his time at Newcastle.

They’re a massive club up there though, everyone up there supports Newcastle, it’s firmly in the areas psyche. They see themselves as a club that should be competing at the very top.

I’m sure that’s true, but that could cost well in excess of £100m.
  • Went to church this morning, hope it helps.

Went to the pub this morning.
    Hope it helps
  • Went to church this morning, hope it helps.

Went to the pub this morning.
    Hope it helps
    Went to the pub this morning. Still there. Hope it helps :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!