Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Australia
    Switzerland
    Quwait
    Saudi Arabia
    China
    Belgium
    Scotland
    Greece
    England
    Netherlands

This is a well travelled thread.

You've missed USA, which maybe should not be ignored from a whisper I heard today.
    That little snippet snuck in on the blind side Weegie, please tell more.........
  • Australia
    Switzerland
    Quwait
    Saudi Arabia
    China
    Belgium
    Scotland
    Greece
    England
    Netherlands

Red Bull is Austrian.
  • johnny73 said:

Going against the grain I don't think this will drag out. Duche will sell whatever players he can in the transfer window and come the end of Jan he will accept the best offer for the club that remains.

Our injury crisis might actually be doing us a favour as it limits who he can sell.

depends on length of time of injury, by the end of January a couple of our injured could be back, different level obviously but it didn’t stop Barcelona signing an injured Coutinho, depends how much they want our player, a fire sale is a fire sale, get em cheap now or price goes up in the summer
  • DA9 said:

johnny73 said:

Going against the grain I don't think this will drag out. Duche will sell whatever players he can in the transfer window and come the end of Jan he will accept the best offer for the club that remains.

Our injury crisis might actually be doing us a favour as it limits who he can sell.

depends on length of time of injury, by the end of January a couple of our injured could be back, different level obviously but it didn’t stop Barcelona signing an injured Coutinho, depends how much they want our player, a fire sale is a fire sale, get em cheap now or price goes up in the summer
    You are right. Just trying to find a positive from a very bad situation.
  • T_C_E said:

You've missed USA, which maybe should not be ignored from a whisper I heard today.

That little snippet snuck in on the blind side Weegie, please tell more.........

I heard a little whisper that @NapaAddick withdrew £77 m from his bank account this morning and is on his way over and he’s carrying a gun, and I don’t think the £77m is for @Henry Irving ;)

Careful, Napa is a bit sensitive about £77m now but I think you'll be ok : - )
  • Karl Robinson has been talking to fans again. Has suggested the club may be sold next week. Via Glynne’s mailing list - reliable longstanding poster.

“A friend just bumped into Karl near the teams Bury hotel. 12 fit players today and JFC/Solly will be on the bench to make it look good - with no chance of coming on.

“Ricky has been sold from under Karl's feet as a debt management exercise, which the potential new owners are aware of ahead of the sale hopefully going through next week. That aligns to the 18th January rumour.

“PS Karl also said that Roland is a bastard! Tell us something we don't know.”

Doesn't sound like he's still asking for £50m then.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    18th January 2018...2:30pm. Put it in your diaries.

How many player sales are required to eradicate the debt/running cost, which douchebag so kindly "lent" the club and now wants repaid in full.
  • J BLOCK said:

Karl Robinson has been talking to fans again. Has suggested the club may be sold next week. Via Glynne’s mailing list - reliable longstanding poster.

“A friend just bumped into Karl near the teams Bury hotel. 12 fit players today and JFC/Solly will be on the bench to make it look good - with no chance of coming on.

“Ricky has been sold from under Karl's feet as a debt management exercise, which the potential new owners are aware of ahead of the sale hopefully going through next week. That aligns to the 18th January rumour.

Why would any potential owners with ambition be ok with Holmes being sold - worrying
    If he doesn't want to be here (don't blame him) then may as well sell if it keeps the takeover on track. This season is a write off anyway, just have to hope that new owners have the ambition to invest in a summer rebuild.
  • ...ahead of the sale hopefully going through next week. That aligns to the 18th January rumour...”
    “PS Karl also said that Roland is a bastard..!

Now that's really gonna get people's hopes up and hope's the biggest bastard of them all, sorry hope's the 2nd biggest bastard of them all.

Keep the faith people, keep the faith.
  • Australia
    Switzerland
    Quwait
    Saudi Arabia
    China
    Belgium
    Scotland
    Greece
    England
    Netherlands

Got in touch with a contact who used to be senior in Scottish football when the Muir/McLeish thing broke. He confirmed their interest but said he didn't know how far off it was and that there was also intetest from "America and China". Also made mention of a former Arsenal & England captain on the fringes of one of the bids.

Make of that what you will.
    Link International Sports?
  • Karl Robinson has been talking to fans again. Has suggested the club may be sold next week. Via Glynne’s mailing list - reliable longstanding poster.

I really want to believe this, but before I get my hopes up, can someone answer my nagging worry - how would Robinson know?
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Karl Robinson has been talking to fans again. Has suggested the club may be sold next week. Via Glynne’s mailing list - reliable longstanding poster.

Why would any potential owners with ambition be ok with Holmes being sold - worrying
    Must have missed the 18th Jan rumour, where’s that come from?

I really want to believe this, but before I get my hopes up, can someone answer my nagging worry - how would Robinson know?
    Because that’s what Murray Someone from the board would have told him?

Maybe Roland put Robinson back in his box after he moaned about not getting any players in.

"You won't need to worry about it anymore, huh. You're out of a job next week anyway, huh"

Because that’s what Murray Someone from the board would have told him?
    Thanks - at the risk of sounding really slow on the uptake, how would you know that it would be sold next week and not straight away? I'm guessing it's not like having a 'completion date'?
  • WSS said:

Are players considered assets though? Like buildings, equipment, merchandise etc?

Are they not just employees paid by the club? Surely they have employment rights like most of us?

If somebody in the ticket office hands in their notice and wants out of their employment contract does the club refuse just because of an ongoing takeover?

Genuinely don’t know the difference etc so would be good to get some insight.

Legally as individuals, yes the players are just employees, much as you or I have been, with rights and obligations.
    But they are employees for whom significant sums are often paid for them to be recruited. Those sums show up in the clubs' records and accounts. A player's prospective next employer might be inclined to pay a fee to facilitate a transfer. These practices are long established in professional football. Monetary valuation of players' worth is commonplace. Yes in the upper echelons of football players are regarded as assets. Good footballers fit simple definitions of being "assets". Better players, can bring about better results on the pitch, better results can bring about better results financially, in a business context this is very similar to machinery and equipment. The same is true in the other direction: lose or sell better players and results can decline - Yann Kermorgant, Scott Parker for 2 examples.
    A (competent) prospective purchaser of a business should value said business based on the results that can reasonably be estimated from its current condition and recent history. The condition of CAFC's football business is in no small way dependent on the numbers of good quality players in the squad. When roly changes the makeup of that squad, it should follow that the valuation changes accordingly. Ricky Holmes sudden departure ought to be something a prospective bidder should evaluate.
    If the potential newbies grasp these things as tenuously as roly clearly has done then we're out of the frying pan and into the microwave
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!