Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    The prize of getting to the Premier League is why clubs have to spend money. Yes you have boosted income from TV, sponserships, Gate Receipts etc, but you would need to spend that and some more to compete in the Champ.

I

Scoham said:

My main worry with the continuous delay is that RD is going to have a fire sale in January. Fosu, Aribo and Grant are all young quality players and therefore they hold significant value - RD would take 500K for each of them if the deal is cash up front. Hope I am wrong but I think our season will fall apart after January solely down the the old git's greed.

People have been predicting fire sales with no proper for the last few transfer windows.
    Yet he always sells every window so why will this one be no different? - Aribo and Grant at present are the two that will be having scouts down here more than anyone

Summer 2018 - Ezri Konsa | Josh Magennis | Harry Lennon
    January 2018 - Ricky Holmes
    Summer 2017 - Jorge Teixeira | Cristian Ceballos | Tony Watt | Lee Novak
    January 2017 - Morgan Fox | Ademola Lookman
    Summer 2016 - Jordan Cousins | Johann Gudmundsson | Nick Pope | Callum Harriott | Tarieq Holmes-Dennis
    January 2016 - No one
    Summer 2015 - Joe Gomez | Rhoys Wiggins
    January 2015 - Michael Morrison
    Summer 2014 - Diego Poyet
    January 2014 - Ben Alnwick | Yann Kermorgant | Dale Stephens

So other than 2016 when we were in danger of relegation from the Championship there hasnt been a window when we've not seen a player departing...
    How many of those did we unexpectedly sell that we wanted to keep? This summer in particular was a lot better then expected under Roland. The issue has been the qudlity of the squad, management and just general running of the club.

Saying a player has left in every window is ridiculous, show me a club who haven’t had the same, there will be very few.
  • Options
    The house was built over a sinkhole.
  • Options

The prize of getting to the Premier League is why clubs have to spend money. Yes you have boosted income from TV, sponserships, Gate Receipts etc, but you would need to spend that and some more to compete in the Champ.

I

Scoham said:

My main worry with the continuous delay is that RD is going to have a fire sale in January. Fosu, Aribo and Grant are all young quality players and therefore they hold significant value - RD would take 500K for each of them if the deal is cash up front. Hope I am wrong but I think our season will fall apart after January solely down the the old git's greed.

People have been predicting fire sales with no proper for the last few transfer windows.
    Yet he always sells every window so why will this one be no different? - Aribo and Grant at present are the two that will be having scouts down here more than anyone

Summer 2016 - Jordan Cousins | Johann Gudmundsson | Nick Pope | Callum Harriott | Tarieq Holmes-Dennis
    January 2016 - No one

So other than 2016 when we were in danger of relegation from the Championship there hasnt been a window when we've not seen a player departing...
    How many of those did we unexpectedly sell that we wanted to keep? This summer in particular was a lot better then expected under Roland. The issue has been the qudlity of the squad, management and just general running of the club.

Saying a player has left in every window is ridiculous, show me a club who haven’t had the same, there will be very few.
    How many did we replace with adequate footballers?
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Four out of the articles's six columns are about healthy eating for kids. AM started this project in 2010. So, then, about CAFC at first scarcely any news. Then, just old news. Why go to the trouble of making a smokescreen if you've nothing to hide?

For a pretty affable and public sort of a guy he sure keeps a lot to himself.
  • Options
    So, it turns out Muir is a liar too. Must be part of the person specification to be a Charlton Director these days.
  • Options
    All part of the negotiations. A bit like Brexit but with knobs on. I’m optimistic that it’s going to happen. And that day will be tattooed on my bottom.
  • Options

I

Scoham said:

January 2016 - No one

How many did we replace with adequate footballers?
    Not enough but that’s not relevant to this question.

Many feared there was going to be a fire sale in the summer, but there wasn’t was there? And there hasn’t been one under Roland at any stage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So,they 'outbid' the saudis and then lost a couple of their group,dicked about for god knows how long,now looks like its fallen through. Excellent work. Two bob.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

At least we've got Addickted's bid still on the table, some small change and confectionery if I remember correctly.

It maybe small change to you, but the significant increase in my bid price to £1k and a family size tin of Quality Street/ Heroes/Roses (RD's choice) is a not insignificant dent in my operational P/L account.

Two other Lifers have also suggested that they would help with the operational costs over the first two years and the business plan to increase the chip portions seems to have gone down well with CARD and some boycotters.

Still hoping for a steer as to what legally constitutes gross misconduct to enable one instant dismissal to go ahead without fear of an employment tribunal.

• Options
    Was there actually any proof that there was a Saudi bid?!
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

All part of the negotiations. A bit like Brexit but with knobs on. I’m optimistic that it’s going to happen. And that day will be tattooed on my bottom.

Ahem, this is a first for me, but, mister, please can you post up a picture of your bottom, we all need to know...
  • Options
    Oh come on we're all biased cos we are Charlton fans but if I was Muir I'd be embarrassed to be associated to a (current) shambles of a club like Charlton, so I can understand where he's coming from
  • Options

TBH there wasn't a lot of concrete about the Aussies.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Oh come on we're all biased cos we are Charlton fans but if I was Muir I'd be embarrassed to be associated to a (current) shambles of a club like Charlton, so I can understand where he's coming from

What and spending the best part of a reputed £1m on DD before denying he was actually involved, ain't embarrassing
  • Options
    Must have been his mate’s scarf
  • Options
    Aussies can fuck off anyway, if they were serious they would have made it happen by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

At least they came and watched a game...
    That’s why he’s doing a runner.
  • Options
    Mr Mike Ashley is ready to pounce, just needs a buyer for Newcastle firstly 😳👍
  • Options

I still think there is something in this
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Aussies can fuck off anyway, if they were serious they would have made it happen by now.

Could say if Roland is serious about selling he’d have sold by now. We’ve been up for sale for a long time now, why hasn’t anyone bought us?
  • Options

I still think there is something in this
    But the problem is will anyone, including Mike Ashley, be prepared to pay the asking price?
    It has no bearing on what money they have available.....no one is going to pay wildly over the odds are they. Without knowing the exact figure being asked (and most likely us fans never will), it follows that it dramatically reduces the number of interested parties from the get go once they know the price.
    If it’s to be believed it’s the reason so many have backed off and sad to say will continue to do so.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Unlike, for example, a certain type of Sicilian/Calabrian consortium....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!