Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    hawksmoor said:

I am looking for the sexual healing thread

Ain't that peculiar?
    For you maybe but if it's not your thing just say baby don't do it
  • Options

Your posties was horribold and no mistakenly.

Oh deep joy or possibly hugious winders uppers of the firstus order!
  • Options

Oh deep joy or possibly hugious winders uppers of the firstus order!
    The late great Stanley Unwin.

• Options

Bloody hell, someone's showing their age 'Professor Unwin'!

• Options
    edited October 2018

so let me get this straight.. the aussies are selling shares in their company to buy out another company (baton) that owns the club (another company). If i was an interested investor i would run to the hills.

I wouldn’t do that, they have eyes you know!
  • Options

The Aussies have kept schtum. They've spent over a mil already - if they had felt obliged to pull out they couldn't be blamed for making their withdrawal very public and in no little detail.

Andrew Muir has a reputation as a decent guy, and I doubt he is the only Methodist in a gang of cutthroats. However, he must do business with the present owner, a man not without certain, let's say, idiosyncrasies. Muir must have found the negotiations like trying to nail jelly to the wall.

So, after all this time and notwithstanding the best efforts of assorted bankers, middle-men, agents, bookkeepers, bullshitters, timewasters, brokers and consultants, no agreement has been reached. Why?

Fwiw, my guess is as follows. Roland loves his money - with the wafer-thin soles of his duck-taped shoes he could step on a 50c piece and tell you if it were heads or tails - but the club's huge and never-ending losses don't seem to faze him, and as has been speculated by many observers there must be a good chance that these colossal sums are being nicely rinsed somewhere deep in the cellars of Castle Staprix, entirely legally, of course.

No - he wants to sell because, as he has confessed, he slipped up big-time in getting involved in football in the first place, secondly he doesn't need the ag, but most important of all he must save face and escape the rising tide of reputational damage and ridicule.

I think that at one stage the parties were close and the deal far enough advanced for some stuff to go off to the EFL. Then, the club's liabilities were raised by the £7m of the former directors' loans and its assets depleted by RD's sudden trousering of the £3m Konsa money. Now, £10 mil is not a lot to the right honourable scarf-buyers, but then again it's not nothing. Why should they in effect fork over an extra £10m - in a buyers' market - to recompense an extremely wealthy albeit eccentric old man, when every penny of the said £10 mil is already allocated to the club's rebuilding project, its devastation having been caused by none other than the obstinate, reckless old devil himself? That's the thing about a pound - you can only spend it once.

The Aussies' next milestone is the January window - no need for them to rush. In the meantime the club itself is in desperate need of recovery. Things, such as they are, are only holding together because of the timely revival of the team under LB/JJ/SG/JE and SA. The bond between players and fans has been somewhat repaired but not yet with the absentees. As ever, all we can do is wait.

Jus' my opinion, of course.

If they had bought us in August then LB would have had time & money to bolster the squad & had a back up for Page & Bauer ( we lost a LB & 2 CH in the summer with only 1 being replaced). They didnt, we suffered injuries & on the back of those 2 on particular we've picked up 1 point out of 9.

easy in hindsight...no. we all said this at the time. Yes, wait now until January....you never know, we may only be 12th.
  • Options
    No need for a takeover now. The team is playing well and no one seems bothered anymore about protesting.

Roland In - rah rah rah.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

No need for a takeover now. The team is playing well and no one seems bothered anymore about protesting.

Roland In - rah rah rah.

Roland Duchatelet barmy army!
  • Options
    Rat Army! Rat Army !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Change the RedRed Robin to “Everyone has gone to the moon”.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Mal said:

ross1 said:

addick100 said:

Why is no one ITK anymore? Or is there literally nothing to know?

Surely @Redhenry has a nugget of info?

Perhaps all of the ITK have been scared off by all the abuse they get when they give us some information that some do not like
    What, like posting that their contact has said " not long now" or "maybe a bit of pain for a couple more weeks but then good" or "we've not pulled out"......about 2-3 months ago.
    Devil if anything is said, devil if it is not, why have this thread if all who contribute to it are ridiculed?, nothing what anyone says on here can be taken as gospel, but there are some who have a good ear to the ground so to speak, but the trashing of those who have tried to give what they have heard has stopped many from contributing.

Look at the above posts, asking for any news, nothing, pressure applied to Jimmy Seed so much that his stories were wrong etc, helped in part in him leaving this blog. Until the fat lady sings - in this case the club itself, all the comments on here are no better - or worse than Jimmy Seed's, some of you should remember that.
    Really?

Most people who find out snippets and post on here are generally thanked for their contribution - with the possible exception of @DOUCHER who a lot thought was on a wind up for various reasons.

@jimmy seed was questioned because he kept saying multiple times the deal was all but done and he tended to overreact to any criticism, @Airman Brown has had some abuse, but from the usual characters and it's like water off a ducks back to him.

Can't remember @Redhenry or @NLA or a couple of other posters who have provided information in good faith being pressured off this board.

If you're posting sensitive information on a subject that virtually all of us are deeply involved in, then don't be surprised you get some robust questioning on the source and content of that information.
    Was never on here to wind people up but that's the way it went after some of the abuse - it was funny sometimes but to be honest the whole takeover saga has become boring and when it didn't happen in the summer I just decided to forget about it and thankfully the football is very watchable. I haven't heard anything for ages but other than the assertion that rd wouldn't be the owner this season, my info was always spot on. I guess nobody thought the Aussie deal was going to go pairs at the last.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

The Aussies have kept schtum. They've spent over a mil already - if they had felt obliged to pull out they couldn't be blamed for making their withdrawal very public and in no little detail.

Andrew Muir has a reputation as a decent guy, and I doubt he is the only Methodist in a gang of cutthroats. However, he must do business with the present owner, a man not without certain, let's say, idiosyncrasies. Muir must have found the negotiations like trying to nail jelly to the wall.

So, after all this time and notwithstanding the best efforts of assorted bankers, middle-men, agents, bookkeepers, bullshitters, timewasters, brokers and consultants, no agreement has been reached. Why?

Fwiw, my guess is as follows. Roland loves his money - with the wafer-thin soles of his duck-taped shoes he could step on a 50c piece and tell you if it were heads or tails - but the club's huge and never-ending losses don't seem to faze him, and as has been speculated by many observers there must be a good chance that these colossal sums are being nicely rinsed somewhere deep in the cellars of Castle Staprix, entirely legally, of course.

No - he wants to sell because, as he has confessed, he slipped up big-time in getting involved in football in the first place, secondly he doesn't need the ag, but most important of all he must save face and escape the rising tide of reputational damage and ridicule.

I think that at one stage the parties were close and the deal far enough advanced for some stuff to go off to the EFL. Then, the club's liabilities were raised by the £7m of the former directors' loans and its assets depleted by RD's sudden trousering of the £3m Konsa money. Now, £10 mil is not a lot to the right honourable scarf-buyers, but then again it's not nothing. Why should they in effect fork over an extra £10m - in a buyers' market - to recompense an extremely wealthy albeit eccentric old man, when every penny of the said £10 mil is already allocated to the club's rebuilding project, its devastation having been caused by none other than the obstinate, reckless old devil himself? That's the thing about a pound - you can only spend it once.

The Aussies' next milestone is the January window - no need for them to rush. In the meantime the club itself is in desperate need of recovery. Things, such as they are, are only holding together because of the timely revival of the team under LB/JJ/SG/JE and SA. The bond between players and fans has been somewhat repaired but not yet with the absentees. As ever, all we can do is wait.

Jus' my opinion, of course.

I think you are being too generous to the Aussie consortium. If the problems were entirely due to Roland, surely they would have pulled out and bought another club, it's not as if there are no other clubs either for sale or where the owners could be persuaded to sell.
  • Options

RedJohn said:

Can we get Fawaz off the thread title please.

Yep.
    Maybe remove the word sale as well while you're at it.

All done chaps.
  • Options
    Well, that's got us on the right side of the Trades Description Act at least!! :-)
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

Addickted said:

Mal said:

ross1 said:

addick100 said:

Perhaps all of the ITK have been scared off by all the abuse they get when they give us some information that some do not like
    What, like posting that their contact has said " not long now" or "maybe a bit of pain for a couple more weeks but then good" or "we've not pulled out"......about 2-3 months ago.
    Devil if anything is said, devil if it is not, why have this thread if all who contribute to it are ridiculed?, nothing what anyone says on here can be taken as gospel, but there are some who have a good ear to the ground so to speak, but the trashing of those who have tried to give what they have heard has stopped many from contributing.

Look at the above posts, asking for any news, nothing, pressure applied to Jimmy Seed so much that his stories were wrong etc, helped in part in him leaving this blog. Until the fat lady sings - in this case the club itself, all the comments on here are no better - or worse than Jimmy Seed's, some of you should remember that.
    Really?

Most people who find out snippets and post on here are generally thanked for their contribution - with the possible exception of @DOUCHER who a lot thought was on a wind up for various reasons.

@jimmy seed was questioned because he kept saying multiple times the deal was all but done and he tended to overreact to any criticism, @Airman Brown has had some abuse, but from the usual characters and it's like water off a ducks back to him.

Can't remember @Redhenry or @NLA or a couple of other posters who have provided information in good faith being pressured off this board.

If you're posting sensitive information on a subject that virtually all of us are deeply involved in, then don't be surprised you get some robust questioning on the source and content of that information.
    Was never on here to wind people up but that's the way it went after some of the abuse - it was funny sometimes but to be honest the whole takeover saga has become boring and when it didn't happen in the summer I just decided to forget about it and thankfully the football is very watchable. I haven't heard anything for ages but other than the assertion that rd wouldn't be the owner this season, my info was always spot on. I guess nobody thought the Aussie deal was going to go pairs at the last.

I did
    True - i was always told the british group were favoured as there were concerns about the aussies financially - lets just hope the brit deal is based on them selling another club first and that happens soon - otherwise i can't understand what its all about. Villa got bought out in a couple of weeks, this has been going on forever - its boring now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Addickted said:

Mal said:

ross1 said:

addick100 said:

Really?

I did
    True - i was always told the british group were favoured as there were concerns about the aussies financially - lets just hope the brit deal is based on them selling another club first and that happens soon - otherwise i can't understand what its all about. Villa got bought out in a couple of weeks, this has been going on forever - its boring now
    It's becoming a Soap!, will be comparing it to Coronation Street as a long runner if it's not sorted soon.
  • Options

Maybe I am being generous to the Aussies, but TOO generous? So far they've stayed the course, and I don't envy them have to deal with Roland. Maybe with hindsight there are things they would have done differently, but they have shown real commitment to the cause and that will do for a start. They seem to be of good reputation and they have had success in running a major sporting enterprise. If they think we'll do for them then it's natural to hope that they will do for us.

When KM left it seemed like the writing was on the wall for Roland, that his time was almost up. That was 286 days ago, since when our dear old club has ended up being run by a second-hand bookkeeper. Like a toothless dog the EFL has shown it cannot bite, only give you a nasty suck. We are having to be patient but it's surely no problem if we wind up in good hands. Only time will tell.

As we don't know who is in the consortium other than Muir it's hard to say what they are like. Ditto, they have no sporting track record either
  • Options
    Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Addickted said:

Mal said:

ross1 said:

addick100 said:

Really?

I did
    So if this "british group" have been around a long time, almost as long as the Aussies, why haven't they done the deal - insufficient finances perhaps ?

Also, who "favoured" this group, RD or more likely, RM ?
    I think @DOUCHER is fairly accurate in his assumption here.

I'm convinced the 'British' buyer is involved in another Club and is waiting for the ownership there to be resolved before they step into the breach. The tightness of the NDA is there, because of the possible reaction at their existing Club, rather than our reaction.

Perhaps they've agreed RDs consolidated asking price and he's happy to wait - unless the Aussies can at least match that, which they've either struggled to do or are unwilling to match.

I suspect they're just as desperate to find out who the other group are.

Or maybe not.

• Options
    Mal said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Addickted said:

Mal said:

ross1 said:

addick100 said:

Really?

I did
    It's becoming a Soap!, will be comparing it to Coronation Street as a long runner if it's not sorted soon.
    It's not exactly Albion Market!
  • Options

Maybe I am being generous to the Aussies, but TOO generous? So far they've stayed the course, and I don't envy them have to deal with Roland. Maybe with hindsight there are things they would have done differently, but they have shown real commitment to the cause and that will do for a start. They seem to be of good reputation and they have had success in running a major sporting enterprise. If they think we'll do for them then it's natural to hope that they will do for us.

When KM left it seemed like the writing was on the wall for Roland, that his time was almost up. That was 286 days ago, since when our dear old club has ended up being run by a second-hand bookkeeper. Like a toothless dog the EFL has shown it cannot bite, only give you a nasty suck. We are having to be patient but it's surely no problem if we wind up in good hands. Only time will tell.

As we don't know who is in the consortium other than Muir it's hard to say what they are like. Ditto, they have no sporting track record either
    Indeed we have no idea who else might be involved, in what capacity, and with what background and relevant experience. As yet. I am trusting to Muir wanting around him kindred spirits with a shared business and sporting philosophy. Perhaps it's expecting too much and we should stick with the Addicks unofficial slogan - Fear the Worst, Hope for the Best .... Spes Optima Peiora Timentur.
  • Options
    What @Addickted said is my take on it tbh
  • Options
    So when is the meeting being held with the EFL?
  • Options
    Is it on the 17th October??? or 27th October??
  • Options
    I can't find any links anywhere but comments about early October?? However I am sure I have Oct 17th on my mind...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!