Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018

Wigan being sold for £22m...

Be glad when their takeover is done as means the EFL can move on to signing off our paperwork eh LDV!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45799463

If only we had a pier to make us attractive to prospective purchasers, Ferry Approach just ain't the same :wink:
  • Options

And between now and Christmas he loses roughly another 2.5 million. Taylor, KG and Aribo won’t cover that.

Good point.

But the same argument has been with us for 18 months and with the same (solid) logic. Since this thread started he has lost an ADDITIONAL £15,000,000. Has any of that sped up the sale? No. Has it lowered his price? Apparently... no. So why after all this time do many think it is somehow going to make him see reality now?

I have just long ago given up that he will sell soon or at the right price because of things you and I would find logical. And the reason I believe this is because..... here we are!
    There is much to be said for the above from @NapaAddick. Having, in relatively recent statements accepted that he was in the wrong business (of football) because 'normal' business rules largely do not operate in football as they would in the wider business world, Duchatelet nevertheless still doggedly adheres presumably to the type of business principles which created his wealth in the first place where everything has a recognisable value.
    In his mind he may well believe for example that The Valley has a potential asset value for development (which should be a consideration in the saleprice) even though we know that planning regulations and other restrictions would prevent that from being realised. Even if that is not the case he still clearly expects someone with the requisite funding to meet his high expectation plus, and maybe someone ITK can answer this - is the 1m a month loss really accruing to Duchatelet or is he simply adding it to the 'loan'?
  • Options

Wigan being sold for £22m...

Be glad when their takeover is done as means the EFL can move on to signing off our paperwork eh LDV!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45799463

That's taken an age to go through as well. It was first mentioned LAST October

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41648722
    Wigan Athletic could be under new ownership by the end of the year after Hong Kong-based investors agreed a takeover deal worth in excess of £20m.
  • Options

And between now and Christmas he loses roughly another 2.5 million. Taylor, KG and Aribo won’t cover that.

Good point.

But the same argument has been with us for 18 months and with the same (solid) logic. Since this thread started he has lost an ADDITIONAL £15,000,000. Has any of that sped up the sale? No. Has it lowered his price? Apparently... no. So why after all this time do many think it is somehow going to make him see reality now?

I have just long ago given up that he will sell soon or at the right price because of things you and I would find logical. And the reason I believe this is because..... here we are!
    There is much to be said for the above from @NapaAddick. Having, in relatively recent statements accepted that he was in the wrong business (of football) because 'normal' business rules largely do not operate in football as they would in the wider business world, Duchatelet nevertheless still doggedly adheres presumably to the type of business principles which created his wealth in the first place where everything has a recognisable value.
    In his mind he may well believe for example that The Valley has a potential asset value for development (which should be a consideration in the saleprice) even though we know that planning regulations and other restrictions would prevent that from being realised. Even if that is not the case he still clearly expects someone with the requisite funding to meet his high expectation plus, and maybe someone ITK can answer this - is the 1m a month loss really accruing to Duchatelet or is he simply adding it to the 'loan'?
    Both. Staprix (RD owns them) are lending Charlton the money each month.
    So yes it's adding to the loan, but yes the loan/loss is accruing to RD unless a buyer repays the total, which they won't.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Oddily that has taken 6 months since price was agreed. I wonder it has taken that long.

A fair amount of the purchase price was in nectar points (same as Charlton) and the delays have been caused due to recent fraudulent activity.

:smile:
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Rudders22 said:

Oddily that has taken 6 months since price was agreed. I wonder it has taken that long.

Is that Bill Oddily?

Bill Oddily

(Put your hands all over my body)

Bill Oddily

Bill Oddily
  • Options
    Space Oddity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    and we were front page news in Doha to my amazement whilst coining it in the desert
  • Options
    I could think of another pot.
  • Options
    On dear, it's fallen to page 2 again. It's not happening is it?
  • Options
  • Options
    Scoham said:

US bidders then.

Thanks for the heads up
  • Options
    Why is no one ITK anymore? Or is there literally nothing to know?

Surely @Redhenry has a nugget of info?
  • Options
    Anyone? Anything?
  • Options
    We've made history under Duchatelet by achieving our biggest margin of victory ever.

No need to sell now, everything's rosy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

addick100 said:

Perhaps all of the ITK have been scared off by all the abuse they get when they give us some information that some do not like
    Or perhaps in reality they knew very little?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    The summaries on the this thread were so good there was no need for anything else to be said.
  • Options
    One day, we will tell our grandkids about this thread. And instead of giving them a book about Henry VIII or the World Wars, we'll give them a printed version of this thread. This is real history.
  • Options
    addick100 said:

Sorry I don't
  • Options
    edited October 2018

• Options
    RedJohn said:

Americans at the cubs today with the Aussies, few snippets making the rounds today.

• Options
    RedJohn said:

Americans at the cub today with the Aussies, few snippets making the rounds today.

Go on ...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Alright mate, don't rub it in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!