Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Fanny,

Have you any good vibrations!
  • Options
    will we reach page 1111 before we hear its deal done ??
  • Options

will we reach page 1,111,111,111 before we hear its deal done ??

• Options
    Never heard of such a long drawn out process FFS.
  • Options

With everything I’ve been involved in the longer things drag on the less likely they are to happen.

Not to say this won’t. But surely by now if there’s still some issues then it’s never going to go forward.

If it is down to not getting in the forms to the EFL well you have to ask yourself why haven’t they been submitted and why are they taking so long. It’s not as if the EFL just make things up as they go along. They have a process and the advisors to the Aussies would know exactly what is required.

From my perspective it’s all very amateur hour here by them. Not saying I don’t want them. But so far they haven’t demonstrated any good reason why we should be looking forward to them coming in other than they can’t possibly be as bad as RD - or can they?

We said that about the spivs, ended up way, way worse.

Fingers crossed this new era will be a better one, I'm not hopeful. Amateur hour is the perfect description, imo.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Has anyone got a link to the company that was reputedly set up as a vehicle for the purcase? Would be interesting to see current/past directorships.

Echidna Acquisitions, it’s a new company:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11336951
    Still just one director listed
    How was the sale ever going through in Feb if they only set the company up on the 30th April?

• Options
    edited July 2018

No offence @JamesSeed but you’ve had more weekly good vibrations than the Beach Boys :-)

Now on their 10th week of residency at Crossbars. Possibly still around for a few more weeks if you haven't seen them yet, but there will be a weekly update on this.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

No offence @JamesSeed but you’ve had more weekly good vibrations than the Beach Boys :-)

Now on their 10th week of residency at Crossbars. Possibly still around for a few more weeks if you haven't seen them yet, but there will be a weekly update on this.

Are they called The Shirty 5?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Folks, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but it’s going to happen soon!

So you can pick up a prediction date here, and win an all time classic football book, signed by some random Millwall fan.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3260010#Comment_3260010

Sorry for cross post, but this is sale relevant:

GM met the Belgian fella Lieven yesterday, and said ‘he was very happy’. Lieven that is. That might mean progress was made on the documentation.

The good news from the meeting was that HMRC seem to be satisfied.

The season ticket/bank issue is just prudence in the face of recent uncertainty. No massive deal.

GM is getting ready to start work at The Valley. That’s good news imho. Meire is going to be a tough act to follow ;-)

I get the feeling it’s not far away now. It was only a week ago that the rumour went out the Aussies had formally pulled out. Of course that was bullsh*t, but would still love to know where that rumour came from, as it led to me increasing my ‘pest’ quotient, again :-(

In addition, some personal stuff I can’t divulge means that the Aussies feel it’s definitely happening - it’s ‘when’, rather than ‘if’.

Full respect to GM for leaking zilch re negotiations since May 18th, btw.

Hmmm.

Some " personal stuff" eh ?

So, Jimbo, is it the CEO's desk or the FD's desk for you ?
    I’d make a very good head of catering. I think someone’s already nabbed the CEO’s role.
    Perhaps the chip quota will be increased!
  • Options
    Agree change is much needed and can’t believe no one wouldn’t welcome it.

However it’s clearly been amateur hour for the past several months! The guys even turned up wearing scarves in the directors box at the end of last season and here we are barely weeks away from the start of the season and we are no better off.

• Options
    edited July 2018

However it’s clearly been amateur hour for the past several months! The guys even turned up wearing scarves in the directors box at the end of last season and here we are barely weeks away from the start of the season and we are no better off.

Lieven said that historic issues have now been sorted (at great expense to the Aussies). The recent documents issue I suspect is, relative to them, a minor blip.

Happy to bet a £50 donation to the museum that this goes forward. Let’s see the colour of your money @Streetlife !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018

JamesSeed said:

Folks, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but it’s going to happen soon!

So you can pick up a prediction date here, and win an all time classic football book, signed by some random Millwall fan.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3260010#Comment_3260010

Sorry for cross post, but this is sale relevant:

GM met the Belgian fella Lieven yesterday, and said ‘he was very happy’. Lieven that is. That might mean progress was made on the documentation.

The good news from the meeting was that HMRC seem to be satisfied.

The season ticket/bank issue is just prudence in the face of recent uncertainty. No massive deal.

GM is getting ready to start work at The Valley. That’s good news imho. Meire is going to be a tough act to follow ;-)

I get the feeling it’s not far away now. It was only a week ago that the rumour went out the Aussies had formally pulled out. Of course that was bullsh*t, but would still love to know where that rumour came from, as it led to me increasing my ‘pest’ quotient, again :-(

In addition, some personal stuff I can’t divulge means that the Aussies feel it’s definitely happening - it’s ‘when’, rather than ‘if’.

Full respect to GM for leaking zilch re negotiations since May 18th, btw.

Hmmm.

Some " personal stuff" eh ?

So, Jimbo, is it the CEO's desk or the FD's desk for you ?
    Head of properganda surely.
  • Options
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Lieven said that historic issues have now been sorted (at great expense to the Aussies). The recent documents issue I suspect is, relative to them, a minor blip.

Happy to bet a £50 donation to the museum that this goes forward. Let’s see the colour of your money @Streetlife !
    Great idea. Let's see who has the balls to take the bet.
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

JamesSeed said:

Great idea. Let's see who has the balls to take the bet.
    I'm in.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!