Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

to be honest i now take anything i read on here with a large pinch of salt.

I try to, and I genuinely don't think Roland's going anytime soon. BUT..... each time a new rumour surfaces a little bit of wee comes out and there's a tiny bit of me that thinks 'could this be it?'
    Fixed it for you.
    Menopause. The sad truth.
  • Options

HarryLime said:

I agree that it’s RD’s deal but the stumbling blocks and obstacles have all been placed by Murray , Murray will have the most influence on how close people get to RD before the actual deals can be thrashed out , the noises made by Murray behind the scenes are pivotal in how RD moves as he is so far removed from the club and it’s DNA

Murray has delayed and potentially cost us this take over and some pre RD and i Believe at least one opportunity of getting rid of him earlier than this

And the fear of PV being involved in the background would Make a lot of sense

Personally I don’t think varney is involved may be he brokered and made the initial pathway but I don’t expect to see him back here

You seem to be convinced about this.....that really is stretching things to the limit nla.
    Yes, it's a possibility but I think a very very tenuous one and certainly pure conjecture on your part.
    Name one part of this whole charade I have got wrong soundas

A few months back when the buzz word was imminent and done deal I posted no fee agreed and it was said then I know nothing and it’s guess work

4 months later I was right and I am right now

I wouldn’t call it conjecture I would say it’s the most reliable info on here with the exception of what Redhenry posts as i know that is true also

The problem is Murray it’s been murray for years

But it's STILL only conjecture nla....you have no proof.
    Why on earth would Murray be muddying the water and if he were, for what purpose and why are you convinced that Goldfinger would act upon his opinions anyway. Indeed, I would suspect he is likely to be very cautious of anything RM has to say or anyone else come to that.
    If you can give me some sound reasons why RM wishes to screw up takeovers then I may be more inclined to go along with your hypothesis.
    For a start I don’t know and never met the major players involved, but from the outside, in a word Vanity.
    Duchatelet, his vanity for thinking that he’s Alan Turing and thinking his way of doing things is far far better that what anyone has done before.
    Meire, the vanity for accepting a job, from one of her parent’s friends, and having no skills to do it with any success.
    Murray, his vanity wants to keep himself at the top table.
    Vanity/Ego sums it up.

Good to see you come out of the shadows, Harry Lime.
    It's about time he got a new raincoat though and gave up the fags :wink:
  • Options
    So is anything actually happening?
  • Options
    Rothko said:

No
  • Options

Rothko said:

No
    Good good, I'll check back next week
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Rothko said:

No
    Good good, I'll check back next week season
    Fixed it for you.

• Options
    edited April 2018
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Harry Lime is emerging from the shadows in a tattered old raincoat with a Park Drive hanging out of the corner of his mouth.

• Options

Rothko said:

Harry Lime is emerging from the shadows in a tattered old raincoat with a Park Drive hanging out of the corner of his mouth.

• Options
    Sorry Harry, I must have been thinking of someone else.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    HarryLime said:

I agree that it’s RD’s deal but the stumbling blocks and obstacles have all been placed by Murray , Murray will have the most influence on how close people get to RD before the actual deals can be thrashed out , the noises made by Murray behind the scenes are pivotal in how RD moves as he is so far removed from the club and it’s DNA

Murray has delayed and potentially cost us this take over and some pre RD and i Believe at least one opportunity of getting rid of him earlier than this

Personally I don’t think varney is involved may be he brokered and made the initial pathway but I don’t expect to see him back here

You seem to be convinced about this.....that really is stretching things to the limit nla.
    Yes, it's a possibility but I think a very very tenuous one and certainly pure conjecture on your part.

A few months back when the buzz word was imminent and done deal I posted no fee agreed and it was said then I know nothing and it’s guess work

I wouldn’t call it conjecture I would say it’s the most reliable info on here with the exception of what Redhenry posts as i know that is true also

Why on earth would Murray be muddying the water and if he were, for what purpose and why are you convinced that Goldfinger would act upon his opinions anyway. Indeed, I would suspect he is likely to be very cautious of anything RM has to say or anyone else come to that.
    If you can give me some sound reasons why RM wishes to screw up takeovers then I may be more inclined to go along with your hypothesis.
    For a start I don’t know and never met the major players involved, but from the outside, in a word Vanity.
    Duchatelet, his vanity for thinking that he’s Alan Turing and thinking his way of doing things is far far better that what anyone has done before.
    Meire, the vanity for accepting a job, from one of her parent’s friends, and having no skills to do it with any success.
    So you don't have a shred of proof and you are basing your views on an opinion that we would have been sold long ago had hr not instructed/suggested /or coerced Goldfinger not to accept multiple offers......and all because of his vanity!
    Dear oh dear oh dear!
  • Options
    I’m going down to The Valley tomorrow - I’ll ask the girl on reception if she’s heard anything.
  • Options

I’m going down to The Valley tomorrow - I’ll ask the girl on reception if she’s heard anything.

Can you get me a ticket for the Blackburn game, West Upper will do nicely.
  • Options

Oi oi
  • Options

Noooooooooooooo
  • Options

HarryLime said:

So you don't have a shred of proof and you are basing your views on an opinion that we would have been sold long ago had hr not instructed/suggested /or coerced Goldfinger not to accept multiple offers......and all because of his vanity!
    Dear oh dear oh dear!

I know of one instance for fact where Murray’s vanity kept a deal off the table way back before two shit chalets was even a name we had heard of

I do not doubt for one min that he wouldn’t do it again
  • Options
    Pray, do tell.
  • Options
    Hopefully nothing too much happens in the next couple of weeks. Get the season sorted and don’t disturb the players further while they’re focusing on getting into the playoffs.
    After that it would make more sense to complete a deal.
  • Options
    Just messaged Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum via LinkedIn.
    Just thought I’d see if he fancied having another crack at buying us lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    CafcSCP said:

Just messaged Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum via LinkedIn.
    Just thought I’d see if he fancied having another crack at buying us lol

Who is Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum via LinkedIn? Is he rich?? How can you get a message to him?
  • Options
    have just deleted a number of slightly sweaty posts before posting.

The one thing I’ve seen over the past weekend that is more surprising than Duchatelet not having done one was watching the London marathon from the end of the road and seeing Jesus run past with a cross on his back. Then noticing the man was running with no shoes on, then being told by a local friend He had seen the same Jesus every year for the past three years.

Jesus, if you are out there, we need deliverance.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Pray, do tell.

One day when I am given permission to do so then I will , but we would never have had a better chairman that is for sure
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Pray, do tell.

One day when I am given permission to do so then I will , but we would never have had a better chairman that is for sure
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5srlRm9CyM

whipped
  • Options
    edited April 2018

HarryLime said:

Dear oh dear oh dear!

I know of one instance for fact where Murray’s vanity kept a deal off the table way back before two shit chalets was even a name we had heard of

I do not doubt for one min that he wouldn’t do it again
    But you don't KNOW that do you?
    So why are you purporting it as fact....it's not a fact only an unfounded guess on your part.
    Like I say, give me some facts and then I'll listen until then it's simply 'unhelpful mischievous' gossip.
    Some may wish to buy into your hypothesis due to Murrays fall from grace and plummeting popularity. It fits in with the frame of mind that some have re Murray. But without concrete proof it's bollox.
    Incidentally, I am totally indifferent about Murray nowadays, so I am in no way championing him.....indeed him giving free tickets to Paul May and his little bunch of sycophants was the last straw for me.
    The the very next time I see him I will certainly be letting him know what a massive insult that was to the vast majority of our fan base.
    Now that was a FACT not supposition nla.
  • Options

You can’t just come back when the team are doing well. This includes any potential day out at Wembley.

In any case, west upper?
  • Options
    Logic dictates that RD will not finalise a deal until we know what division we're going to be in next season. Better to sign a contract for actual cash rather than contingent cash.

But his knobheadedness has overridden logic on many an occasion.

Just hope a deal is done immediately our fate is certain to give the new owners a full close season to work with.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I just want to say that to all of the people who have worked hard and taken the time to organise protests and carry them out. Every cog in the wheel, it's really appreciated and your efforts deserve much better then this constant never ending shambles.

People have done some really good things for the club we love.

Im proud of our fans.

Could not agree more.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!