Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Speculating here, but what if Bid A pays out more if we stay in league 1, whilst bid B pays more if we're promoted? Might explain the delay. Lots of people on here suggesting it's down to not knowing which division we'll be in next season.
  • Options

I agree that it’s RD’s deal but the stumbling blocks and obstacles have all been placed by Murray , Murray will have the most influence on how close people get to RD before the actual deals can be thrashed out , the noises made by Murray behind the scenes are pivotal in how RD moves as he is so far removed from the club and it’s DNA

Murray has delayed and potentially cost us this take over and some pre RD and i Believe at least one opportunity of getting rid of him earlier than this

And the fear of PV being involved in the background would Make a lot of sense

Personally I don’t think varney is involved may be he brokered and made the initial pathway but I don’t expect to see him back here

You seem to be convinced about this.....that really is stretching things to the limit nla.
    Yes, it's a possibility but I think a very very tenuous one and certainly pure conjecture on your part.
    Name one part of this whole charade I have got wrong soundas

A few months back when the buzz word was imminent and done deal I posted no fee agreed and it was said then I know nothing and it’s guess work

4 months later I was right and I am right now

I wouldn’t call it conjecture I would say it’s the most reliable info on here with the exception of what Redhenry posts as i know that is true also

The problem is Murray it’s been murray for years

Doesn’t surprise me ... such a pity to be honest.
  • Options
    May the 10
  • Options

Dilly, Dilly!!

Lets hope they take Roland to the 'Pit of Misery'....Dilly, Dilly!

• Options
    seth plum said:

kentred2 said:

Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.

There's a logical problem between people arguing that Duchatelet is holding out for the best possible deal, demanding extras, hoping for promotion, etc, and this argument that he is under no immediate pressure, when the immediate situation is mounting losses. He may well have constructed a deal that rewards him for the sale of current players, but the debt goes on rising every month that passes. He can't be both anxious to screw every last penny out of the club AND oblivious to fact that time is money, can he?

It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RD is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
    This is the first mention of PV for ages and ages. What on earth might be suggesting to Duchatelet that PV is anywhere in the mix? Personally I hadn't associated him with any of the rumours that have swirled around, goodness knows Duchatelet when dealing with potential purchasers would know who he is dealing with, and know one way or another about PV rather than suspecting.
    Sheesh.
    Lay off the Sheesh Seth. I’m surprised at you.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    TelMc32 said:

I agree that it’s RD’s deal but the stumbling blocks and obstacles have all been placed by Murray , Murray will have the most influence on how close people get to RD before the actual deals can be thrashed out , the noises made by Murray behind the scenes are pivotal in how RD moves as he is so far removed from the club and it’s DNA

Murray has delayed and potentially cost us this take over and some pre RD and i Believe at least one opportunity of getting rid of him earlier than this

Personally I don’t think varney is involved may be he brokered and made the initial pathway but I don’t expect to see him back here

You seem to be convinced about this.....that really is stretching things to the limit nla.
    Yes, it's a possibility but I think a very very tenuous one and certainly pure conjecture on your part.

A few months back when the buzz word was imminent and done deal I posted no fee agreed and it was said then I know nothing and it’s guess work

I wouldn’t call it conjecture I would say it’s the most reliable info on here with the exception of what Redhenry posts as i know that is true also

I was fortunate to attend one of our games at Pride Park a few years ago, as a guest of a pal who worked for Derby. Got to see a very, from my perspective, nasty & spiteful side of Murray. He was playing up to a group of cronies around him. His spite was aimed at Darren Bent as Spurs were being shown as the early game on tv, but I came away thinking this was a bloke who held a grudge for no apparent reason & certainly one I’d never care to be in company with again.
    What's the beef there? He was a great player for us and at that time in his career he really did news to challenge himself at the next level. And we made a huge profit on him.

So question, of Murray is the one holding this up, how is he doing it? I think it was AB who posted that there were ways to have a sale go through without the approval of the old Board stakeholders. Is that not that case? Or is Murray trying to make that not the case? Or is he stalling things from an operation perspective (even though he doesn't seem to do anything)?

I don't question anything anyone is saying, just trying to better understand.

Edit: Just seen a post from nla on the last page that I'd missed.

So what does Murray get out of this? What's his end game? Does he want money in the short term? A bigger cut in the long term (though I thought the terms with the old directors was set)? Power? Influence? An official position in any new regime?

This is the weirdest fucking M&A.
  • Options

Reams also saying it's gonna happen next week now. British consortium.

Racehorse owners apparently!!!
    Lots of Saudi racehorse owners FYI.

I think reams knows he has no future with the club and (forgive the pun) has backed the wrong horse. History will remember him very unkindly. I can’t see the club continuing to invite him when every comment about this site he makes is laced with overt homophobia and transphobia when the club are working closer and closer with the lgbt valiants
    I know!! I'm working with the son of one at present. I'll ask him to ask his Dad if he wants to buy an English football club. To be fair though, when I show them pics and clips of Charlton I just get blank, confused looks!! Although they were very impressed with the fans' effort at Pompey on Saturday. :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:

Dilly, Dilly!!

He's already in it, it's called the Valley.
  • Options

addick05 said:

Dilly, Dilly!!

He may own it but he’s not been there...
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

addick05 said:

Dilly, Dilly!!

I don't think you can say that. I'm pretty sure he HAS been to The Valley. Wasn't there the televised interview with him, Karen, and RM at The Valley?

However, at an actual game, is a different matter...
  • Options
    How is it that people know RM is slowing things up but don’t know who the bidders actually are?

How? Surely this could only happen if buyers don’t want to give him the same deal or Rolly wants some sort of security by having a charge on the assets which the ex Directors have 1st charge on?

I find the allegation implausible to be honest. Does anyone know for certain how hw is slowing things up?

Can those in the know also clear up how we have moved from the original 2 bidders (red Henry’s and the Aussies) and then one walked away; to now 3 bidders with a British bid looking most likely?
  • Options

Chrispy51 said:

addick05 said:

Dilly, Dilly!!

I don't think you can say that. I'm pretty sure he HAS been to The Valley. Wasn't there the televised interview with him, Karen, and RM at The Valley?

However, at an actual game, is a different matter...
    He’s been to two games, both in 2014.
  • Options

But it's STILL only conjecture nla....you have no proof.
    Why on earth would Murray be muddying the water and if he were, for what purpose and why are you convinced that Goldfinger would act upon his opinions anyway. Indeed, I would suspect he is likely to be very cautious of anything RM has to say or anyone else come to that.
    If you can give me some sound reasons why RM wishes to screw up takeovers then I may be more inclined to go along with your hypothesis.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

How is it that people know RM is slowing things up but don’t know who the bidders actually are?

How? Surely this could only happen if buyers don’t want to give him the same deal or Rolly wants some sort of security by having a charge on the assets which the ex Directors have 1st charge on?

I find the allegation implausible to be honest. Does anyone know for certain how hw is slowing things up?

Can those in the know also clear up how we have moved from the original 2 bidders (red Henry’s and the Aussies) and then one walked away; to now 3 bidders with a British bid looking most likely?

I think there has always been three. Although I wasn't aware of the British one for a while.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fourth one dropped out a while ago.
  • Options
    After 678 pages why do we not have a new owner ? Has anyone thought about shirt-fronting Roland and having a word. He needs some encouragement, some reason to change his approach. It is all become a farce.
  • Options

to be honest i now take anything i read on here with a large pinch of salt.

Bingo!!! Brightens the day up though, reading all the false dawns. It started off as the tiniest of snowballs and is now an alpine avalanche!! What the last few months in particular have shown is that no one really knows a lot about it. Hence the constant replenishment of the salt cellar.
  • Options

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Chizz said:

seth plum said:

It will be announced by white smoke at the Vatican before it's on the OS.

It'll be announced by the Pope herself before it's announced on here.

The black female leader of the Labour party will say it's great to see the Red flag flying high.
    (Not Diane Abbott !)
  • Options

I try to, and I genuinely don't think Roland's going anytime soon. BUT..... each time a new rumour surfaces a little bit of wee comes out and there's a tiny bit of me that thinks 'could this be it?'
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

But it's STILL only conjecture nla....you have no proof.
    Why on earth would Murray be muddying the water and if he were, for what purpose and why are you convinced that Goldfinger would act upon his opinions anyway. Indeed, I would suspect he is likely to be very cautious of anything RM has to say or anyone else come to that.
    If you can give me some sound reasons why RM wishes to screw up takeovers then I may be more inclined to go along with your hypothesis.
    For a start I don’t know and never met the major players involved, but from the outside, in a word Vanity.
    Duchatelet, his vanity for thinking that he’s Alan Turing and thinking his way of doing things is far far better that what anyone has done before.
    Meire, the vanity for accepting a job, from one of her parent’s friends, and having no skills to do it with any success.
    Murray, his vanity wants to keep himself at the top table.
    Vanity/Ego sums it up.

Good to see you come out of the shadows, Harry Lime.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!