Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 2006, a bottlenose whale is spotted in The Thames in Central London. Sadly it died the following day as volunteers tried to return it to the sea.
  • 2006, a bottlenose whale is spotted in The Thames in Central London. Sadly it died the following day as volunteers tried to return it to the sea.
    Its name was Pardew
  • Anyone know when the Aussies will finally get this over the line? 
    #DoneDeal
    Imminently 
    They’re just waiting to unlock the money.
  • addick05 said:
    Remind me how many football clubs are currently making a profit ? Possible in the ludicrous world of Premier a League but Championship clubs made a combined loss of more than £510 million last year. 

Isn't this the point RD made a couple of weeks' ago?
    Indeed. So why does he think a loss making enterprise like Charlton is worth so much money?
    It was a non-return bottlenose.
  • Don’t want Big Sam anywhere near our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    ISoundAsa£ said:
    RedChaser said:
    I of course don’t know the full background to the clubs current valuation and there’s probably only two or three people who know how the price is arrived at any given time.......Duchatalet, like everyone else, will have just a gut feeling I assume.
    Would have thought a bid of £45,000,000 should clinch it given our current position, what do any of you guys think?
    Is that gross or net of Directors £7m loans mate?
    To be honest I hadn’t thought of that.....I am one of those who thinks (for clarities sake), that the Directors loans, although made evident from the outset, shouldn’t be included in the asking price....so the price I have suggested would not include those ‘ potential’ future debts.
    I mean to say........how can you charge someone for something that may or may not happen.....it’s a gamble and always has been for all concerned.
    Appreciated @SounfAsa£ but it all depends on the buyer(s) preference for clean title on the property which could affect the ability to borrow against those assets, lease them out or sell the business in future without a contingent liability hanging over it.

If I was the buyer I'd want clean title and for £45m I'd want the Directors Loans cleared, so £38m net.
    If I was the buyer I would want clear title.  If I was the buyer we would have a 3000 page thread for "43v3r out" by Christmas 
  • Asked Alan Nixon if he thought the Dell group might look at other clubs 

Sunderland interest came out of blue. Fitted their budget and long term aims. Don’t think there is a similar match.
  • aliwibble said:
    Aethelstan said
    With Happy Valley's extraordinary track record of accurately predicting the score of Charlton's forthcoming matches, I am sure that will not faze him in the slightest. He obviously has crystal balls.
    If his powers of prediction are that good, perhaps he should get a Euromillions ticket for Tuesday's draw. With £169million jackpot, he could buy the club himself and we could finally kill the thread.
    Happy Valley has too much integrity to accept a penny from anyone that he has not earned by the sweat of his brow.
  • edited October 2019
    Well the £170m odd Euromillions jackpot was won by a single British ticketholder. Chances of them being a Charlton fan willing to blow a significant proportion of their winnings on buying the club and covering the annual losses (and just out of interest, what is the operating loss these days?) ?

To be honest, I reckon we've got more chance of automatic promotion this season...
  • I of course don’t know the full background to the clubs current valuation and there’s probably only two or three people who know how the price is arrived at any given time.......Duchatalet, like everyone else, will have just a gut feeling I assume.
    Would have thought a bid of £45,000,000 should clinch it given our current position, what do any of you guys think?
      The preposterous europrat 

• aliwibble said:
    Well the £170m odd Euromillions jackpot was won by a single British ticketholder. Chances of them being a Charlton fan willing to blow a significant proportion of their winnings on buying the club and covering the annual losses (and just out of interest, what is the operating loss these days?) ?

To be honest, I reckon we've got more chance of automatic promotion this season...
    Fraid it wasnt me... To be honest I'd have blown about £70m buying out Roland, would then have contacted Peter Varney asking if he wanted to get a decent group together to buy the club from me for a knock down price

Would have made a heavy loss but would still have £100m plus Roland would be out of Charlton!!
    whenever anyone asks me what the first thing i'd do if i wont the euromillions this is always my answer. One day...one day...
  • aliwibble said:

Fraid it wasnt me... To be honest I'd have blown about £70m buying out Roland, would then have contacted Peter Varney asking if he wanted to get a decent group together to buy the club from me for a knock down price

Would have made a heavy loss but would still have £100m plus Roland would be out of Charlton!!
    whenever anyone asks me what the first thing i'd do if i wont the euromillions this is always my answer. One day...one day...
    I wouldn't do it like that. I would do it like Kevin Cash. I'd contact @Airman Brown and tell him that I'm staying anonymous, he will be the Jiminez -type "owner" who buys out Roland, and I  will bankroll it. Think of the win-wins in that scenario...:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:
    aliwibble said:

I won the Euromillions last night. £5.80. RD would have to drop his asking price a fair bit.
    Damn, you'd have outbid me! £2.90 :-)  @PragueAddick I'll have to bear that scenario in mind for my £2.50 worth of dreams of obscene wealth next time the Euromillions jackpot reaches silly levels.
  • edited October 2019
    Seems to me that a certain person who is involved in that article has been planning this thread for a long time. I can see why they called it the GOAT when in theory, this thread is about 11 years old in their mind :wink:
  • Sage said:
    Seems to me that a certain person who is involved in that article has been planning this thread for a long time. I can see why they called it the GOAT when in theory, this thread is about 13 years old in their mind :wink:
    bloody hell, that was a surprise.  : - )
  • Certainly a better way to advertise a club for sale.
    How long's a Charlton scarf?
  • Scoham said:
    A more realistic asking price for a Championship club?
    But it doesn't have any real estate priced like Kensington.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!