Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Rudders22 said:
    Mal said:
    Mal said:
    Fans' Forum this Wednesday (25th)

Did the Forum take place?, any updates from it, or was it cancelled because of the rush of buyers.
    It did take place.

It was a full meeting so not TO specific.

I wasn't there.

Those who were there haven't communicated what was said.
    Thank you, though seems strange that we have not heard anything from it, after 2 days.
    Not really. Last one took about 2 weeks and it was supposed to have been Takeover specific.
    Just because the last one took 2 weeks, doesn't mean they all have too. Find it very strange. 
  • 1997, Diana, Princess of Wales dies in a car crash in Paris.
  • Roda JC dutch club looking for new owner,a mexican who was looking to purchase the club was at the game tonight ,the fans who had been promised many things by this man said enough is enough and removed him from the ground.

Police unable to confirm whereabouts of said man.

• All gone quiet.
  • Does anyone know anything about the Americans that have shown some interest ?
  • Does anyone know anything about the Americans that have shown some interest ?

No, do tell.
  •  said:
    Does anyone know anything about the Americans that have shown some interest ?
    The asking price was too high probably.
  • Only a rumour on another forum I'm afraid .
  • Sponsored links:

• Another deadline!!! 
  • Another deadline!!! 
    Take it with a pinch of salt, weve had more rumours here than the number of ticks on an Elephants butt
  • Mal said:
    Dave from The blog "Drinking During The Game" stated this today in his blog : "Finally, I heard mutterings from several sources last night that "he will be gone in three weeks" and twice that an American consortium was in talks to end the Duchatelet nightmare. Given history, we have to be sceptical but it will happen one day and soon would be tremendous"
    "Mutterings from several sources"
    Works for me.

via GIPHY" title="Link: http://

via GIPHY

">http://<iframe src="https//giphy.com/embed/20NLMw7pNccrFQkymX" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/hyperrpg-game-animation-20NLMw7pNccrFQkymX">via GIPHY</a></p>
  • Why do my freaking links never embed???
    OI, ADMIN
  • Sheesh three weeks is a long old deadline, he’s really trying to get the page count up with that one...
  • Fumbluff said:
    Sheesh three weeks is a long old deadline, he’s really trying to get the page count up with that one...
    No, He really doesn’t worry about the numbers. 
  • Blogger is reliable. His sources may not be.
     You're only as good as your sources.
  • Gutted I missed page 1995. Crazy to think @ForeverAddickted started secondary when I would only have been about 2-3 weeks old.

Just have to settle for being 2 in 1997.

The page numbers are the most exciting thing on this thread now.

I wonder if we get to page 2020 before the turn of the new year, the internet will just explode..?
  • Sponsored links:

• 1998. The year I got divorced......and the year I met wife no 2.
  • 1997 / 98 the club ran it's Dream Valley competition anyone remember this? It was like a fantasy football based from within the Charlton squad at the start of the season with all the players having prices but you had to stay within a budget so couldn't just pick all the best players.

I ended up winning it, turns out i'd picked the same team as 4 or 5 other managers but the tie breaker was to be the closest to the average attendance for the season which I was closest to and ended up winning the £500 prize.

Can't remember if the club ran it before / after again though.
  • 1998. The year I got divorced......and the year I met wife no 2.
    Was that all that happened that year ? 
  • 1997 / 98 the club ran it's Dream Valley competition anyone remember this? It was like a fantasy football based from within the Charlton squad at the start of the season with all the players having prices but you had to stay within a budget so couldn't just pick all the best players.

I ended up winning it, turns out i'd picked the same team as 4 or 5 other managers but the tie breaker was to be the closest to the average attendance for the season which I was closest to and ended up winning the £500 prize.

Did the club run it? Or was it a Goodbye Horse competition?
  • Gone by 19th October or page 2019, whichever comes first.
  • Fumbluff said:
    1997 / 98 the club ran it's Dream Valley competition anyone remember this? It was like a fantasy football based from within the Charlton squad at the start of the season with all the players having prices but you had to stay within a budget so couldn't just pick all the best players.

I thought a fanzine had a competition like that 
  • Fumbluff said:
    1997 / 98 the club ran it's Dream Valley competition anyone remember this? It was like a fantasy football based from within the Charlton squad at the start of the season with all the players having prices but you had to stay within a budget so couldn't just pick all the best players.

I thought a fanzine had a competition like that 
    Ahem.
  • Fumbluff said:

Certainly Goodbye Horse ran one as I won "Manager of the Month" and still have the lovely plastic trophy somewhere to prove it!

Maybe @Algarveaddick can shed some light?
  • Blogger is reliable. His sources may not be.

Have you heard anything about supposed American Interest Airman?
  • Fumbluff said:

Certainly Goodbye Horse ran one as I won "Manager of the Month" and still have the lovely plastic trophy somewhere to prove it!

Maybe @Algarveaddick can shed some light?
    Dream Valley was overseen by CASC, if I recall, and in the early years the rankings appeared in VOTV. I tried unsuccessfully to get the Mercury to carry them when I was sports editor. I think Goodbye Horse probably took them over later after we dropped them.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!