Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Sat further up the west lower than usual on Saturday and there was a group of about 4 or 5 a few rows in front of me that didn’t really fit in. Could have very easily been a group of tourists but they disappeared at half time and didn’t come back till a little after the second half kicked off. Anton Ferdinand also wasn’t far away so if all cab drivers could be on alert that’d be handy. 
    How do you not fit in, in the West Stand?  No tartan rug?  No thermos?  Anything else conspicuous we should look out for? 
    Having a very attractive young blond wife tends to stand out. 
    Did she have an Aussie or Welsh accent by any chance?
    Couldn’t tell you I’m afraid. There was one gentleman suited up and another 2/3 in more casual clothing. All appeared to be of Middle Eastern/ Asian descent. 
  • Options
    Hope it’s not at all offensive to say ‘they didn’t fit in’ wish I’d phrased it differently now, but with Roland wanting to sell on my mind and that regions association with owning football clubs it’s the first thing my mind went to. 
  • Options
    Hope it’s not at all offensive to say ‘they didn’t fit in’ wish I’d phrased it differently now, but with Roland wanting to sell on my mind and that regions association with owning football clubs it’s the first thing my mind went to. 
    What you did wrong was not taking a photograph so we could bump up the page count even further over who they were. : -)

Although a word of warning.

There was a lot of speculation previously, even before this thread, about this "middle eastern looking" person being spotted in the directors box.

• Options
    I started dating my Hubby in 1993!
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    T_C_E said:
    Oggy Red said:
    T_C_E said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    1988, Sandy Lyle becomes the first British winner of The U.S. Masters.
    Most importantly Dazzler was born.
    Mr Dazzler wasn’t he the fella that invented “walking football” 😉
    Dazzler won the Charlton Life FC 'Golden Slug' award. As you might have guessed, pace wasn't really something he was blessed with. 

But like Stevie Brown, he never let you down. :smile:

Made Nathan look like Ronaldo! .........* just joshing @Dazz@Dazzler21
    Nathan turned up to play a match half cut and forgot his boots.

And was adamant he could score 10 goals a game, including from the half way line and ultimately could barely kick a ball.
  • Options
    I fucking hate him with a  passion 
    Bit harsh on Nathan
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Nathan Jones? Or has he been gone too long and some other Nathan?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I fucking hate him with a  passion 
    Bit harsh on Nathan
    Not really. 
  • Options
    1993 I was born, but I'm sure you all knew that anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My wife found out she was pregnant this month in 1993. I was over the moon she was absolutely in a state of shock.

• Options
    I wonder what information Dalman required that was not forthcoming?
  • Options
    What you did wrong was not taking a photograph so we could bump up the page count even further over who they were. : -)

There was a lot of speculation previously, even before this thread, about this "middle eastern looking" person being spotted in the directors box.

I thought this mad hatter had already agreed a deal with RD?
  • Options
    Sat further up the west lower than usual on Saturday and there was a group of about 4 or 5 a few rows in front of me that didn’t really fit in. Could have very easily been a group of tourists but they disappeared at half time and didn’t come back till a little after the second half kicked off. Anton Ferdinand also wasn’t far away so if all cab drivers could be on alert that’d be handy. 
    I was sitting in that row.  Agree they didn’t ‘fit in’.  I’m fairly sure they weren’t English.  Late to arrive and late back after H/T.  Mix of ages - didn’t look like potential buyers (whatever they look like) more like a player’s family or tourists.
  • Options
    If "late to arrive & late back after half time" is a clue to being a potential owner then I've got news for you......there are hundreds in the East Stand every game. 😞
  • Options
    I moved to Spain in 1993. 
  • Options

Syrian Sid James
    Older brother of Claudio Raneri 😉
  • Options

Who is he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    any connection to Dalman?
  • Options
    It's our former director, and one of the £7m bond holders, Sir Maurice Hatter.
  • Options
    Cheers Henry
  • Options
    My post was obviously too subtle.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    My post was obviously too subtle.

I'm surprised you know the meaning of the word.

• Options
    @Airman Brown is there more to the link to be people in front of me or am I now the basis of our takeover hopes? 
  • Options
    Fella on twitter saying there’s more interest too 
  • Options
    Possibly Hamed or Kayals family/friends 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Fella on twitter saying there’s more interest too 
      It's a bloke. So should know what he's talking about.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!