Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    I still can't understand that surely before accumulating more losses why he wouldn't put the 4million he was potentially investing into toney into the directors loans for a quicker sale
    Because that would make sense. 
    And nothing Roland does makes sense. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Greenie said:
    The Rat is on a win win ATM.
    He gives Bow and Co a shit budget in L1 and Bow gets us promoted so The Rat hoicks up the price. He then gives Bow another shit budget for the Championship (I understand that as it stands we could break even this season), should Bow pull of another miracle the Rat gets loaded with Prem money!
    Rattys played a blinder if you ask me, he disgusts me but he’s doing well (for himself)

I rate a Bowyer very very highly but there is zero chance of a promotion this season.
    Incorrect.

TalkSport had us at 25/1 to be promoted... That's a 4% chance of promotion at least. 

Three teams will be promoted from the Championship which 3/24 is around a 12.5% chance of promotion. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Greenie said:
    He gives Bow and Co a shit budget in L1 and Bow gets us promoted so The Rat hoicks up the price. He then gives Bow another shit budget for the Championship (I understand that as it stands we could break even this season), should Bow pull of another miracle the Rat gets loaded with Prem money!
    Rattys played a blinder if you ask me, he disgusts me but he’s doing well (for himself)

I rate a Bowyer very very highly but there is zero chance of a promotion this season.
    Incorrect.

TalkSport had us at 25/1 to be promoted... That's a 4% chance of promotion at least. 

Three teams will be promoted from the Championship which 3/24 is around a 12.5% chance of promotion. 

No. Wrong. That’s a bookmakers opinion. The odds of getting promoted are not 25 / 1. In fairness they are not zero either but I’m pretty sure that promotion is highly, highly unlikely.
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    I still can't understand that surely before accumulating more losses why he wouldn't put the 4million he was potentially investing into toney into the directors loans for a quicker sale
    He wasn’t putting 4m in. He was merely allowing LB to reinvest if Taylor was sold
  • Options
    Just curious. Did the Aussies accept RD's valuation of the club - I thought I heard that mentioned. So possibly the reason RD feels he can arse around with the other bidders when they offer a more realistic valuation of the worth of Charlto Athletic, is that he has a bid somewhere on the table which approximates to what he wants, even though it never seems near to being achieved. In which case, the presence of the Aussies is an active hindrance.
    None of this takes into account RD and his utter failure to have any sort of business nous, but even by his standards, his ability to drive off every other offer must have some basis, however arcane.
    But Roland changed the price on the Aussie by adding on the previously "all sorted, not a problem" directors bonds.

The Aussies are NOT the problem here as much as people keep trying to make it so.

Duchatelet is the problem.

The Europeans and Dalman have been messed about on the price and negotiations.  The Aussie had a deal but Duchatelet changed it.

And if the Aussies are a problem and unreliable than Duchatelet could have just taken one of the many other offers, but he hasn't.

Duchatelet wants too much and he wants protection from any liabilities as well as future payments on success and player sales. 

He agreed £33m with the Aussies before the play-off final and then changed his mind and said they had to resolve the directors’ loans.

He could have had £45m at Christmas but asked for £72m.
    Napa was nearly right then! 

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    LTKapal said:
    He wasn’t putting 4m in. He was merely allowing LB to reinvest if Taylor was sold
    I thought it was said somewhere that toney was intended as Taylors partner. 

Whether true or not is a different matter. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Greenie said:

Incorrect.

No. Wrong. That’s a bookmakers opinion. The odds of getting promoted are not 25 / 1. In fairness they are not zero either but I’m pretty sure that promotion is highly, highly unlikely.
    Lol ignore the paragraph after that where the actual chances are 12.5% or 3 of 24 to be promoted. A higher chance than the bookmakers gave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Greenie said:

Incorrect.

Does that mean if I’m in a bar with two supermodels, there is a 50% chance of me sleeping with one of them?
     If you're in a bar with two supermodels, the bouncers and security have failed.

You have 2 chances yes or no for each, so a weird anology but a 50% chance with either one.
  • Options
    Just curious. Did the Aussies accept RD's valuation of the club - I thought I heard that mentioned. So possibly the reason RD feels he can arse around with the other bidders when they offer a more realistic valuation of the worth of Charlto Athletic, is that he has a bid somewhere on the table which approximates to what he wants, even though it never seems near to being achieved. In which case, the presence of the Aussies is an active hindrance.
    None of this takes into account RD and his utter failure to have any sort of business nous, but even by his standards, his ability to drive off every other offer must have some basis, however arcane.
    But Roland changed the price on the Aussie by adding on the previously "all sorted, not a problem" directors bonds.

The Aussies are NOT the problem here as much as people keep trying to make it so.

The Europeans and Dalman have been messed about on the price and negotiations.  The Aussie had a deal but Duchatelet changed it.

And if the Aussies are a problem and unreliable than Duchatelet could have just taken one of the many other offers, but he hasn't.

Duchatelet wants too much and he wants protection from any liabilities as well as future payments on success and player sales. 

He agreed £33m with the Aussies before the play-off final and then changed his mind and said they had to resolve the directors’ loans. He could have had £45m at Christmas but asked for £72m.
    Who was offering £45m at Christmas @Airman Brown  ?
    According to the Fans Forum minutes, there were 5 potential buyers around at that time!
  • Options
    LTKapal said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    LTKapal said:

Bowyer himself has stated Toney was to play upfront with Taylor. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Greenie said:

Incorrect.

Does that mean if I’m in a bar with two supermodels, there is a 50% chance of me sleeping with one of them?
     If you're in a bar with two supermodels, the bouncers and security have failed.

You have 2 chances yes or no for each, so a weird anology but a 50% chance with either one.
    That’s a harsh comment seeing you don’t know me,  I could be the face of brut 33 😂
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    CAFCBell said:
    LTKapal said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    LTKapal said:

So why did we make a bid for him only on the last day of the transfer window?
    Didnt the Peterborough chairman tweet a day or two before it closed saying that he'd turned down bids for Toney

Definitely dont think we only bid on deadline day for him
  • Options
    CAFCBell said:
    LTKapal said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    LTKapal said:

Where was that? I understood it was a case of Toney in, Taylor out 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    CAFCBell said:
    LTKapal said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    LTKapal said:

Where was that? I understood it was a case of Toney in, Taylor out 
    Find it hard to believe we were going to pay a fee for Toney and keep Taylor.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

He agreed £33m with the Aussies before the play-off final and then changed his mind and said they had to resolve the directors’ loans. He could have had £45m at Christmas but asked for £72m.
    Who was offering £45m at Christmas @Airman Brown  ?
    According to the Fans Forum minutes, there were 5 potential buyers around at that time!

Spoke to an ex player recently who said a group (which involved a CAFC fan) had spoken to RD and offered £45m

He turned it down 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    CAFCBell said:
    LTKapal said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    LTKapal said:

So why did we make a bid for him only on the last day of the transfer window?
    when we were coincidentally fending off numerous bids from Brentford for Taylor? We may have initially bid say 2m for Toney with the Djiksteel money but later bids were with the intention of using money from the Taylor sale.
  • Options
    CAFCBell said:
    LTKapal said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    LTKapal said:

Ask yourself this.
    Who told Bowyer that was the case?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    CAFCBell said:
    LTKapal said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    LTKapal said:

Ask yourself this.
    Who told Bowyer that was the case?
    Money's on Doucher
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

He agreed £33m with the Aussies before the play-off final and then changed his mind and said they had to resolve the directors’ loans.

No he wasn't, just because that's what RD is asking for, doesn't mean it's what the club is worth, which is what Napa said.
    Mine was just a light hearted comment not to be taken seriously.

• Options
    So anyway, this house I’m buying...
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    So anyway, this house I’m buying...
    In Herne Bay .... ?

• Options
    What happened the lovely house @robroy was buying? 
  • Options
    How long will RD live for?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

No he wasn't, just because that's what RD is asking for, doesn't mean it's what the club is worth, which is what Napa said.
    I really don't want to dig out the post, but I thought he was demonstrating Dushitaface's valuation... 

Still outrageous of a valuation either way.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!