Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Did I read somewhere that Scotch Muir was involved with Carillion? Coz they're £900m in the shit

All over the news -they've gone bust! Pity the same doesn't happen to you-know-who!
  • Dave2l said:

I have a question;

Are there 2 separate people that have the surname Muir who are both linked to be involved with a possible charlton take-over?

A Scottish one and an Australian one?

Bingo

• Dave2l said:

I have a question;

Are there 2 separate people that have the surname Muir who are both linked to be involved with a possible charlton take-over?

Dave2l said:

I have a question;

So after never seeing the surname in the past, in the last 3 weeks I have seen it 3 times for different people.

Scottish - Donny - Wealth is questionable.
    Aussie - Andy - Wealth is visible.
    English - Jezza - Pretty sure he's skint... Just joined my work after all...
  • edited January 2018
    What about Olly Muirs the Essex Songster
  • Can't beat a Glenmuir, a bit pricey but keep you warm :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Can't beat a Glenmuir, a bit pricey but keep you warm :wink:

wearing one at the moment. Bought it half price at Aberystwyth Golf club around 8 years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m pretty confused. We are still hearing from trusted sources that there remain several parties interested in buying the club.

Rumour that it could go through as early as this coming weekend and some sort of announcement by the club midweek.

I can’t help thinking that we are still some way off any conclusion. Surely if one party were that close the others would have dropped out.

My guess is that if the club announce anything it’s just going to be that talks are ongoing and that’s it. It’s either done or it isn’t.

Again a guess but I think we are still weeks away.

Maybe he is doing a Dutch (Flemish) Auction?

• I’m pretty confused. We are still hearing from trusted sources that there remain several parties interested in buying the club.

Rumour that it could go through as early as this coming weekend and some sort of announcement by the club midweek.

I can’t help thinking that we are still some way off any conclusion. Surely if one party were that close the others would have dropped out.

My guess is that if the club announce anything it’s just going to be that talks are ongoing and that’s it. It’s either done or it isn’t.

More likely a Dutch oven

More likely a Dutch oven
    I just spat coffee across my desk, that really tickled me.
  • Proud to keep learning new words at my age, thanks to Charlton Lifers!! Though I'll give the Dutch Rudder a swerve!

Well that's a new way of doing it!
  • Can't wait to google Dutch oven later
  • Dave2l said:

Can't wait to google Dutch oven later

Oh dear
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018

What about Olly Muirs the Essex Songster

Now that creepy, was A woeful attempt! smiley:
  • Well every day is a school day isn’t it? I have been having to use Private browsing to ensure that these Dutch terms don’t get saved in my search history.

Neither sound great tbh
  • If you're having a sandwich made up, whatever you do, don't ask for Dutch mayonnaise!
  • RedChaser said:

Can't beat a Glenmuir, a bit pricey but keep you warm :wink:

wearing one at the moment. Bought it half price at Aberystwyth Golf club around 8 years ago.
    Should be reserved for Muirfield.
  • Stig said:

...His business motto is... "just because I am born with genes does not mean I am the best person to run the business...

Thats certainly is a unique business motto.
    My only issue with it is it makes me think of this...
  • T H I S I S F U C K I N G B O R I N G

• edited January 2018

I’m pretty confused. We are still hearing from trusted sources that there remain several parties interested in buying the club.

More likely a Dutch oven
    I just spat coffee across my desk, that really tickled me.
    I've just googled Dutch oven. What with not knowing what 'bukakke' was (different thread) I'm starting to think I've had a very sheltered life.

Ed. don't google it ladies
    Hi Tatters,
    I hadn’t thought I’d led a sheltered life until now.
    I also don’t know what those two terms mean.
    At the risk of sounding like I’m addressing an agony aunt, should I google them?
    Yours,
    Morry
  • Definitely not on your work computer, and go "Incognito" if you're doing it at home!
  • Thanks Mr Largo, I’ll have a look tomorrow.
    I haven’t got time now, I’m on my way to a screen test.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!