Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

This thread has now passed 1 million views.

Chinese anyone?

Sure, if you're paying, I'll have crispy seaweed, beef in black bean sauce, shredded duck and pancakes, egg fried rice and some spare ribs please mate
    Respect.
    Just add sweet and sour chicken and you’ve got the perfect Chinese takeaway.
  • seth plum said:

bobmunro said:

D Muir and McLeish are linked to some unnamed South Africans or so the rumours suggest.

I doubt Murray was ever leading any bid or was part of the M&M bid but may well want tooffer his services and experience to the new owners as he's done with the last two regimes.

A Mr Fish and Bartlett I heard.
    Eddie back as manager?

Now we're talking.
    Younger supporters won't have a clue who you are talking about
    They can sense the legend in their grandparents misty eyes.

You recovered from wrestling that lion :wink:
  • Nug said:

Sounds to me like a consortium of the Scots with RM still involved and RD being owed money on certain milestones reached. Better than RD on his own but fear RM has got in the middle of this and is doing what’s best for him and not what’s best for Charlton.

But where’s the money coming from ? McLeish and Muir don’t have that sort of money and it’s not Murray.

Napa.
    The financial genius that he is
    If only you knew, pal. ;-)
  • Hulyer- good intentions, ended badly.
    Sunley Homes - Disaster.
    Spivs - Disaster
    Roland - 3 guesses.

Surely we are due one good takeover ?!

3 ??

• Hulyer- good intentions, ended badly.
    Sunley Homes - Disaster.
    Spivs - Disaster
    Roland - 3 guesses.

I was gonna guess "the good, the bad and the ugly," but realize that only two of three were accurate.
  • bobmunro said:

D Muir and McLeish are linked to some unnamed South Africans or so the rumours suggest.

I doubt Murray was ever leading any bid or was part of the M&M bid but may well want tooffer his services and experience to the new owners as he's done with the last two regimes.

A Mr Fish and Bartlett I heard.
    Eddie back as manager?

Now we're talking.
    Younger supporters won't have a clue who you are talking about
  • Nug said:

Sounds to me like a consortium of the Scots with RM still involved and RD being owed money on certain milestones reached. Better than RD on his own but fear RM has got in the middle of this and is doing what’s best for him and not what’s best for Charlton.

But where’s the money coming from ? McLeish and Muir don’t have that sort of money and it’s not Murray.

Napa.
    The financial genius that he is
    If only you knew, pal. ;-)
    Good because I am shit on the shares thread.
    You can be my financial adviser

• sam3110 said:

This thread has now passed 1 million views.

Chinese anyone?

Sure, if you're paying, I'll have crispy seaweed, beef in black bean sauce, shredded duck and pancakes, egg fried rice and some spare ribs please mate
    Respect.
    Just add sweet and sour chicken and you’ve got the perfect Chinese takeaway.
    So are you suggesting we have new Chinese owners with RM still in the loop?

• Good because I am shit on the shares thread.

Here is my genius advice for the day... don't buy Bitcoin.

• Sponsored links:

Here's mine
    Ignore everything I say on the shares thread

Here's mine
    Ignore everything I say on the shares thread
    Ignore what I said about the club selling for £77,5M and we have a deal.
    Done
  • This just posted on FB. Make of it what you will...

“Wow, what a conversation I've just had!! If this is all true and comes off there's going to be a few people still not happy. Seems like the Wednesday or Thursday announcement could well be true. Been told there was/are 3 sealed bids for the club. One of those isn't the Aussies as they they enquired in the summer to come in and control via a management structure and share of academy RD and KM was not interested. Don't know who the other two are but the one who this person thinks looks to be "a done deal" is interesting. There's 2 British fellas and 1 Swiss fella with a combined wealth of £2.8b. If they are successful Alex McLeish will be installed as Director of football and Donald Muir as Financial Director. Not sure what would happen with Robbo yet. Not to much info on the Swiss or one of the brits but the other one is said to be none other than Mike Ashley. Although he wouldn't have full control as he obviously already owns a club, but can obtain shares!
    Makes sense with the relationship McLeish, Muir and Ashley had with Rangers.”
  • The Swiss fella is being "picked up" Tuesday apparently.

“Wow, what a conversation I've just had!! If this is all true and comes off there's going to be a few people still not happy. Seems like the Wednesday or Thursday announcement could well be true. Been told there was/are 3 sealed bids for the club. One of those isn't the Aussies as they they enquired in the summer to come in and control via a management structure and share of academy RD and KM was not interested. Don't know who the other two are but the one who this person thinks looks to be "a done deal" is interesting. There's 2 British fellas and 1 Swiss fella with a combined wealth of £2.8b. If they are successful Alex McLeish will be installed as Director of football and Donald Muir as Financial Director. Not sure what would happen with Robbo yet. Not to much info on the Swiss or one of the brits but the other one is said to be none other than Mike Ashley. Although he wouldn't have full control as he obviously already owns a club, but can obtain shares!

Didn't Simon Jordan say Mike Ashley was involved?
  • edited January 2018
    Taxi_Lad said:

This just posted on FB. Make of it what you will...

Probably bollox but would take that
    Me too. It’s also quite a detailed account of what might be happening behind the scenes so I’m inclined to believe him TBH.

Anyone else ITK care to comment?
  • Sponsored links:

• Mike Ashley not a bad owner in the slightest imo

Yes. I think so.
  • Mike Ashley would be fine for a club of our size imo.

Like that orange Cnut knows anything
  • Swiss Tony???
  • edited January 2018
    sammy391 said:

Unfortunately , I feel like the ‘update’ during the week will only be a few lines commenting on how “talks are underway” and how “Robinson will be backed in the transfer window” , as well as “promotion to the championship remains the main priority” ... all fart and no shit stuff we have come to expect from Charlton/SMT these days!

It won’t be making anything official nor will it give any clues as to who’s involved

Just said something very similar on the "Robinson praises Murray...." thread.
  • The Sports Direct Valley.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!