Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• jac52 said:

Fumbluff said:

chilham said:

The pic from the tweet...this was about 2.30pm. They walked down through the DB to the pitch, CP walked them towards our lot warming up, they shook hands with the guy on the touchline then walked back up the steps to the Centre Circle lounge.

I don’t recognise them but the guy on the right has a furbie on the side of his head.
    Hope that helps.
    Who is the bloke in the bottom left with wearing a judge wig and appears to have two make shift eye patches and has no mouth? Just a nose.
    That's Chris Parkes.
  • On second inspection I’m pretty sure the guy on the right of the picture is John Pertwee.
  • chilham said:

The pic from the tweet...this was about 2.30pm. They walked down through the DB to the pitch, CP walked them towards our lot warming up, they shook hands with the guy on the touchline then walked back up the steps to the Centre Circle lounge.

Is that the grim reaper with a high-viz on? Health & Safety gone mad
  • chilham said:

Probably just match sponsors. I would read too much into it.
    That's not a normal routine for a match sponsor...
  • They are Plymouth directors. The grey-haired one is Michael Dunford, their chief executive.

Thought as much.
  • I would imagine we still have a good relationship at director level with Plymouth after the steve Sutherland loan many years ago
  • Derek Ufton was manager of Plymouth during the 1960's.
  • Sponsored links:

• They are Plymouth directors. The grey-haired one is Michael Dunford, their chief executive.

So we are being bought by the Plymouth owners and will ground share at Home Park.

Huge potential to build a bigger stadium, large catchment area too.

Assume a merger as Charlton Argyle is the next logical and essential step.

You unicorn lovers will complain but we have to move to be successful in the premier league, there is no other way.

@Oggy Red and @charente addick will be happy.
    It’s happening!
  • Derek Ufton was manager of Plymouth during the 1960's.

There you go, Garry Nelson played for them too. Done deal.
  • Oggy Red said:

They are Plymouth directors. The grey-haired one is Michael Dunford, their chief executive.

So we are being bought by the Plymouth owners and will ground share at Home Park.

You unicorn lovers will complain but we have to move to be successful in the premier league, there is no other way.

And you'll get more than 14 chips and a proper Cornish pasty.

Yes, so catering and hospitality income would be huge. Build a hotel to cater to weekending SE Londoners and that would generate £25m profit a season.
  • Oggy Red said:

They are Plymouth directors. The grey-haired one is Michael Dunford, their chief executive.

Yes, so catering and hospitality income would be huge. Build a hotel to cater to weekending SE Londoners and that would generate £25m profit a season.
    And we could re-name the ground 'Valley Park' (even though it's on top of a hill).
    I'd certainly get a season ticket - unless I'm boycotting because they'd run out of pasties.

• Chizz said:

Next season's kit. Fact.

I’ve got one of those shirts.....mint condition too.
  • Chizz said:

Next season's kit. Fact.

Argyle are sponsored by Ginsters, who make make pasties in Cornwall ...... so need to change the sponsors name.

Anyway, that's an away shirt ..... and our home kit will be our traditional Charlton red, with keepers' kit in Argyle green.

• Lennie Lawrence was caretaker manager of Plymouth, and then assistant to Malcolm Allison who started he's playing career at Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Lennie Lawrence was caretaker manager of Plymouth, and then assistant to Malcolm Allison who started he's playing career at Charlton

Lennie as Director of Football then
  • Fumbluff said:

30 new posts they said.
    Something must be happening they said.
    Bloody Ginsters they’re talking about now.
    I swear I’m the only one consistently being sensible...

quite agree some of the posts on here are ludicrous
  • chilham said:

New caterers for the exec lounge perhaps?
  • addick05 said:

chilham said:

New caterers for the exec lounge perhaps?
    Maybe the Breakfasts are back!
  • Oggy Red said:

you'd be the wrong side of the Tamar for that
  • Just popped in to see if there is any sens...i...ble, no? Ok bye!
  • Impressive that Bill Clinton has time to be Director of Plymouth Argyle with all his UN and international humanitarian workload.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!