Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    An indecisive cow pat sandwich.
    Brexit & the Charlton takeover!
  • Options
    I'm not proposing anybody checks in to the place and give the vicious old lunatic any money.
    My crystal ball shows 'Hotel Stayen' one star out of 5, "...shabby fixtures, bad smells, insufficient staff, dreadful atmosphere, no response to emails..." that sort of thing.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Wasn't the Saudi bid something to do with the crown prince?

If he stopped at £40m but the price was £50 I am sure he could find it down the back of the sofa

For that reason I will be supporting Saudi Arabia tonight

I get the impression price wasn't the issue, more RD messing about. As he did with the Donald Muir group and as he is now.

Swisdom said:

Wasn't the Saudi bid something to do with the crown prince?

If he stopped at £40m but the price was £50 I am sure he could find it down the back of the sofa

For that reason I will be supporting Saudi Arabia tonight

I get the impression price wasn't the issue, more RD messing about. As he did with the Donald Muir group and as he is now.
    The price was the issue with Donald Muir. Alex McLeish stated this quite clearly.
  • Options
    He's bordering corporate crimes, surely?
  • Options
  • Options

Due a statement now surely? Talks are ongoing or whatever. Even more proof that the old fuck doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself

I agree. Time for CARD to put some pressure on the club/EFL
    yeah because Card wasting a load of money is going to solve everything
    Where would they spend money doing that?
    to be honest I got confused as another post said about going to Belgium and it was a quick post.

Nevertheless, CARD do not have any power and Roland will sell when he wants, not when CARD release another pointless statement.
    Roland has said that the protests have influenced his decision to sell.
    Ah that makes it a complete fact then!

I don't dislike CARD, they haven't done any harm and they mean well. I even agree they have really helped the cause, but it's just pointless now.

There is something fishy going on and CARD can do nothing whatsoever now except wait like the rest of us.
    I think it's quite naive to pretend CARD or fan pressure hasn't forced RD's hand at all.
    I'm not saying that, in fact I agreed they have helped the cause and no doubt Roland has felt the force of the fans. That has no doubt helped us get to this stage.

But I think it's incredibly naïve to think a CARD statement now will force the sale.

What do you think it will achieve? The Aussies find more money and/or Roland drops his asking price? It would be a complete waste of time and achieve nothing IMO
    Better than doing nothing. Roland's comments to ROT about CARD were said with anger. He was/is clearly rattled by them.
    You could counter it all and say maybe Roland is fucking us over 1 more time BECAUSE of CARD? There's no doubt he's rattled because of the embarrassment he caused them. Unfortunately he is still in a position to get some revenge.

Look, perhaps my frustration at that wanker still being here is boiling over to criticising the wrong people for which I apologise. I still don't believe CARD are quite the all conquering group we would love them to be. I for one would love him to listen to them!

I stand by the fact it will achieve little but I do accept it's not going to do any harm either.
    Although only he can know, I seriously believe he just wants rid. His viewpoint (from my view!) was that we had missed a great opportunity and he was fed up with owning the club. I don't believe he would waste more money just out of spite.

He also made a big thing of Wilder saying 'I even had him flown over!' In other words he doesn't spend money on stuff like that unnecessarily. So flying over yesterday was significant. If it was 'just' to get some people in (to carry on with running the club as he said to ROT) he could have easily done that from Belgium, or got Murray 'he's a super guy' to do it. IMHO he's over here to get rid of us.
    I so hope you're right but I just can't share your optimism.
    If rationale, sense, logic can even remotely be applied to anything that malignant moron does then we've misinterpreted or been misinformed. He's got everything important wrong right from the start. He's also proved to be volatile and petulant.
    Obviously it makes no sense to carry on with Charlton, cos it'll cost him millions but that simply won't join up in his head. He has his mind set on an outcome of his own imagining. There is no way of knowing whether it's possible but he's made up his mind so that's that. He'll continue to fuck around in his funk of delusion and hostility. Fingers crossed there's something of our dear club left when his poisonous pantomime finally stops. In his head, we're to blame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Murray may be even more deluded than Roland if he thinks any fan of Charlton is going to accept his continued involvement in the club.

I wonder if any of Murray's pet leakers on here ever leak back to him just what the fanbase think of him?
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Murray may be even more deluded than Roland if he thinks any fan of Charlton is going to accept his continued involvement in the club.

I wonder if any of Murray's pet leakers on here ever leak back to him just what the fanbase think of him?
    He reads himself I reckon. Even if it's 'just a messageboard thing.'
  • Options
    What's happened to the bite size takeover thread? this is impossible to keep up with! And the Takeover meter! That really helped
  • Options

The reality is many will, including a big chunk of those that have already renewed their STs.
  • Options
    From the tone of that slightly bizarre club tweet it sounds to me that the hold up is coming from the Aussie side. Think Roland’s action is to force the issue.
  • Options

So how will they discontinue his involvement in the club?
  • Options
    Plop.....what tweet?
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Scoham said:
    excellent article and yes it's about time pressure was put on the EFL to bring RD into line. However, I'm still reeling from the fact that nearly 5,000 fans have bought season tickets.

My thoughts exactly, 5000 season tickets sold in the middle of June !!!!!!! sure it wasn't 500 ?

But yes excellent article.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From the tone of that slightly bizarre club tweet it sounds to me that the hold up is coming from the Aussie side. Think Roland’s action is to force the issue.

I agree Shooters, I do not think the Aussie deal is as good as some think and I am not sure if they have the funds they claim. Muir is minted but he seems to want to use other sources of money rather than his own.

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Plop.....what tweet?

Aah, from the Bowyer thread, I’ve got ya.....plop
  • Options

What bloody tweet?!
  • Options
    Not on twitter either.
  • Options

What bloody tweet?!
    on the Lee Bowyer thread

• Options
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

I'm beginning to think that if Douchebag remains - I need to go further than my season-ticket boycott, and move to a total boycott.

I am thinking the same.
  • Options

Scoham said:

"australiandavid" on ITTV saying it's rumoured RD will announce Bowyer as manager tomorrow. If that happens the deal will be off and they'll look at other clubs in England.

He also claims the price was £54m, now £49.8m after the sale of "Ezri Kinga" for £4.2m.

Meanwhile Colin claims the Aussies recently added two investors only to be told by the EFL they were happy as long as those two weren't involved. They're apparently looking for other funding to cover the £15m lost. Tomorrow was the target date and they're working hard to resolve the issues.

Worrying that they NEED to find the extra £15m at this stage. Why can't Muir top it up then look for further investment?. Why were the two investors rejected? And will the Aussies have the required money to cover the ongoing losses and necessary player and training ground investment?
    Who said they NEED to find the extra £15m. Some idiot on ittv spreads a rumour & it suddenly becomes fact ............ good grief !
    Blimey has doucher got an account over there as well?
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

I'm beginning to think that if Douchebag remains - I need to go further than my season-ticket boycott, and move to a total boycott.

I'm beginning to think that if Douchebag remains, I will need to go to more games to support whatever remains of a team that will need the fans more than ever.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!