Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• My renewed passport came through a few weeks ago. Looks like a trip to Belgium will be its first use.
  • lolwray said:

pot noodles poetry and limericks beckon

There once was an Aussie named Muir
    And a Belgian who did not concur
    On the sale of the club
    But they're yet to give up
    This saga has caused quite a stir
  • That large lady has put her music away ---- packed her bag and is siting on Charlton station off to a proper gig
  • Mrkinski said:

I'm beginning to think that if Douchebag remains - I need to go further than my season-ticket boycott, and move to a total boycott.

This ...
  • Due a statement now surely? Talks are ongoing or whatever. Even more proof that the old fuck doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself
  • Due a statement now surely? Talks are ongoing or whatever. Even more proof that the old fuck doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself

I agree. Time for CARD to put some pressure on the club/EFL
  • Not being of a Legal mind, I was wondering if this dipute could be taken to A.C.A.S. for it seems that no side is going to give in.

yeah because Card wasting a load of money is going to solve everything

Where would they spend money doing that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps be should have said no, that would have fucked Duchebag and maybe forced his hand?
  • Mrkinski said:

I'm beginning to think that if Douchebag remains - I need to go further than my season-ticket boycott, and move to a total boycott.

Of course. Boycotting was and is only option.

to be honest I got confused as another post said about going to Belgium and it was a quick post.

Nevertheless, CARD do not have any power and Roland will sell when he wants, not when CARD release another pointless statement.

to be honest I got confused as another post said about going to Belgium and it was a quick post.

Nevertheless, CARD do not have any power and Roland will sell when he wants, not when CARD release another pointless statement.
    Roland has said that the protests have influenced his decision to sell.

Ah that makes it a complete fact then!

I don't dislike CARD, they haven't done any harm and they mean well. I even agree they have really helped the cause, but it's just pointless now.

There is something fishy going on and CARD can do nothing whatsoever now except wait like the rest of us.
  • The last paragraph of Cawley’s article on Bowyer is the most important in my opinion, still don’t think an awful lot has changed in the past few days. Roland has got inpatient and maybe started leaking to the press again, but the Aussies are still clearly around and trying to complete it. Tomorrow is the ‘target’ date, whether that means after that they walk away or not I don’t know but I think past Konsa being sold there hasn’t really been much news we didn’t already know.
  • is the Peninsula move still on?

Why move? The Valley site is landlocked by the railway, Difficult to develop.

Chinese developers own most of the peninsula and are building homes and leisure facilities. Much more profitable than a stadium.

I don't dislike CARD, they haven't done any harm and they mean well. I even agree they have really helped the cause, but it's just pointless now.

There is something fishy going on and CARD can do nothing whatsoever now except wait like the rest of us.
    I think it's quite naive to pretend CARD or fan pressure hasn't forced RD's hand at all.
    I'm not saying that, in fact I agreed they have helped the cause and no doubt Roland has felt the force of the fans. That has no doubt helped us get to this stage.

But I think it's incredibly naïve to think a CARD statement now will force the sale.

What do you think it will achieve? The Aussies find more money and/or Roland drops his asking price? It would be a complete waste of time and achieve nothing IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• That's it, I've had enough, i'm not looking at this thread anymore until after the World Cup or until England have existed.
  • Wasn't the Saudi bid something to do with the crown prince?

If he stopped at £40m but the price was £50 I am sure he could find it down the back of the sofa

For that reason I will be supporting Saudi Arabia tonight

I think it's quite naive to pretend CARD or fan pressure hasn't forced RD's hand at all.
    I'm not saying that, in fact I agreed they have helped the cause and no doubt Roland has felt the force of the fans. That has no doubt helped us get to this stage.

But I think it's incredibly naïve to think a CARD statement now will force the sale.

What do you think it will achieve? The Aussies find more money and/or Roland drops his asking price? It would be a complete waste of time and achieve nothing IMO
    Better than doing nothing. Roland's comments to ROT about CARD were said with anger. He was/is clearly rattled by them.
    You could counter it all and say maybe Roland is fucking us over 1 more time BECAUSE of CARD? There's no doubt he's rattled because of the embarrassment he caused them. Unfortunately he is still in a position to get some revenge.

Look, perhaps my frustration at that wanker still being here is boiling over to criticising the wrong people for which I apologise. I still don't believe CARD are quite the all conquering group we would love them to be. I for one would love him to listen to them!

I stand by the fact it will achieve little but I do accept it's not going to do any harm either.
  • Does roly still have a stake in the Hotel Stayen at St Truiden's football ground?
    If so my crystal ball suggests the tripadvisor and similar reviews are about to reveal it to be some way short of satisfactory...

I think you may be on to something.
    A lot of us actually booking, complaining about everything but demanding non stop attention,, demanding money back and refusing to pay, smuggling in creepy crawlies to put in the breakfasts, and one star reviews everywhere.
    Bit extreme, but full on protesting has been less irritating than stuff like resignated and the car park sit down.
    Creative brainstorming is called for.
  • Swisdom said:

Wasn't the Saudi bid something to do with the crown prince?

If he stopped at £40m but the price was £50 I am sure he could find it down the back of the sofa

For that reason I will be supporting Saudi Arabia tonight

I get the impression price wasn't the issue, more RD messing about. As he did with the Donald Muir group and as he is now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!