Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

J BLOCK said:

WHAT ARE THE AUSSIES DOING

We may find out after the Fans Forum Lol
    I expect the line from the FF to be that the club is still expecting the takeover to happen imminently.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

I expect the line from the FF to be that the club is still expecting the takeover to happen imminently.
    I agree. What's their reason for saying this? (Assuming the takeover is still up in the air)
  • Options
    A dozen more pages of nothingness shit .
  • Options
    Everything at the moment seems to be in stasis, with minimal expenditure going on, e.g. 3 on the turnstile readers in the East Stand being out of order - I assume that's the reason they had binliners over them, unless they're trying to save on the electricity! Sadly, the latter is probably correct

But they also don't seem to be bringing in income either. For example the adverts in the East Stand gents were from last season - several were for the Cheltenham Festival for last March - so clearly nobody has bought those spaces for this season yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

The delay in paying staff bonuses suggests to me that the Belgians still hope someone else will pay them.

There were other significant unpaid bills from last season as of ten days ago.
    Why isn't the EFL doing anything about this and the staff bonuses?
    Because it doesn't see that as their role and it has no desire to get involved.

It has no power and no will to get involved.

As long as clubs fulfil fixtures, don't break any rules about player payments and promote the EFL in the way they want they aren't bothered and never will be, it's not what they are for.

It's great to keep hounding them but they can't do anything and they don't want to.

Don't expect the EFL to come to our rescue because they won't.

The delay in paying staff bonuses suggests to me that the Belgians still hope someone else will pay them.

There were other significant unpaid bills from last season as of ten days ago.
    Why isn't the EFL doing anything about this and the staff bonuses?
    Because it doesn't see that as their role and it has no desire to get involved.

It has no power and no will to get involved.

As long as clubs fulfil fixtures, don't break any rules about player payments and promote the EFL in the way they want they aren't bothered and never will be, it's not what they are for.

It's great to keep hounding them but they can't do anything and they don't want to.

Don't expect the EFL to come to our rescue because they won't.
    True.....but going forward they have to get some teeth from somewhere as at present they are clearly “not fit for purpose”, so change things.
    IMHO the EFL need to rethink just what they are about and somehow grow a pair.
    Too late for us of course but their powers need to be increased, particularly in regards to cowboy and uncaring owners.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

• Options
    Stephen King has just written a book based on RDs ownership he was calling it "Misery Two" but changed the title after reading this thread to "utter bollox'
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Then they need to be pressed on that.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

I think you’re probably right. When is the pointless Fans Forum meeting?
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

I think you’re probably right. When is the pointless Fans Forum meeting?
    Don't go away, cause tonight's the night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simon Jordan reiterating his dislike for Charlton on Talksport. ‘Richard Murray’
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Simon Jordan reiterating his dislike for Charlton on Talksport. ‘Richard Murray’

It would make Roland Duchâtelet Simon Jordans favorite person then.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

can't disagree with him on that one

• Options
    iamdan said:

Same.
  • Options
    You would need to go a long way to find someone as classless as Simon Jordan. Murray included.
  • Options
    Simon Jordon is Narcissistic and from humble roots, made money from mobile phones by being in the right place at the right time.(not Orange surprisingly enough)

Jordan is forthright with his words and summed up Sullivan and Gold when they were at Birmingham.
    (I couldn't repeat before the watershed)

Did he work out Murray when most of us still thought Dicky had the Midas touch ?

(Because he was/is Palace he always going to take mega flak on a Cafc website)
  • Options
    Football attracts egotistical knobs like Jordan and that c--t in Belgium running us into oblivion
  • Options

Simon Jordon is Narcissistic and from humble roots, made money from mobile phones by being in the right place at the right time.(not Orange surprisingly enough)

Jordan is forthright with his words and summed up Sullivan and Gold when they were at Birmingham.
    (I couldn't repeat before the watershed)

Did he work out Murray when most of us still thought Dicky had the Midas touch ?

(Because he was/is Palace he always going to take mega flak on a Cafc website)

He may be right about RM but that doesnt detract from the fact he is a complete helmet.
  • Options
    It was all so clear cut 12 years ago. Richard Murray was the hero and Charlton legend, while Simon Jordan was a wanker...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It was all so clear cut 12 years ago. Richard Murray was the hero and Charlton legend, while Simon Jordan was a wanker...

Still clear cut, they are both five knuckle shuffle merchants :smirk: .
  • Options

iamdan said:

as much as a prick i think simon jordan is, i think murray's "enjoy the championship" comment was classless, and seems to be a general reflection of the man in hindsight.
    Was funny at the time tbf.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Ozzies need to break cover and get some info out one way or another. Fans and more importantly staff need to know if this is coming to a conclusion, makes a difference for both groups on what's the next step.

Blimey, the Aussies!! Yes, I remember them!!
  • Options
    So focusing on the takeover element of that email leak...

- RD intention to sale clearly stated from horse's mouth

- Charlton are still maintaining the non-sale is down to the Aussies.

- it doesn't appear anything is imminent. In fact on the face of it, it looks like things have remained pretty much unmoved in the last month.
  • Options

So focusing on the takeover element of that email leak...

- RD intention to sale clearly stated from horse's mouth

- Charlton are still maintaining the non-sale is down to the Aussies.

- it doesn't appear anything is imminent. In fact on the face of it, it looks like things have remained pretty much unmoved in the last month.

And a mystery second bidder.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

The feeling is mutual believe me!

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Part of latest RD statement

“The club makes a very significant operating loss every month which is out of proportion with the occasional player sales revenue intended to offset these operating losses. Various parties interested in taking over have been put off by the high running costs. This is a matter of restoring the financial health of the club, which had got out of control for a League One club.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/951252741?-11197:833
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!