Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

The delay in paying staff bonuses suggests to me that the Belgians still hope someone else will pay them.

There were other significant unpaid bills from last season as of ten days ago.
    Who to AB?
  • Options

The delay in paying staff bonuses suggests to me that the Belgians still hope someone else will pay them.

Sharing information about late paid bills could get people sacked, apparently. Go carefully AB

Sounds sort of familiar
  • Options
    I’m completely confuddled by the shenanigans at the club at the moment. I just don’t know what to think is going on with anything quite frankly.
  • Options

Could this be part of the hold up?
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Could this be part of the hold up?
    Must do. If you are carrying out due diligence and months and months of unpaid invoices keep popping up you'd surely be thinking what else must be hiding in the closet?
    A sharp walk for the exit would presumably follow.
  • Options
    WHAT ARE THE AUSSIES DOING
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

I'm starting to think they're on Duchatelets pay roll.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

We may find out after the Fans Forum Lol
  • Options

If Lookman were to be sold for the reported £22 mil how much does RD stand to make and do we think that will be enough to push the sale of the club over the line? i.e pay off the outstanding Directors loans or whatever the f@ck is holding up the deal!

I wonder if they’re still trying to find an investor.
    J BLOCK said:

Still looking for an investor? Waiting for RD to drop the price? Either way if others are still looking at the club it doesn't sound like any takeover is close.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Pedro45 said:

Who to AB?
    Vol au Vents R Us???
    Christ! That’s going to make the House of Fraser unpaid bills look like chicken feed!!!!! :smiley:
  • Options

Why isn't the EFL doing anything about this and the staff bonuses?
    Because it doesn't see that as their role and it has no desire to get involved.

It has no power and no will to get involved.

As long as clubs fulfil fixtures, don't break any rules about player payments and promote the EFL in the way they want they aren't bothered and never will be, it's not what they are for.

It's great to keep hounding them but they can't do anything and they don't want to.

Don't expect the EFL to come to our rescue because they won't.
    Indeed.

If he’d paid an undeclared burger win bonus they’d have been all over him like a tramp on chips.
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

Who to AB?
    Vol au Vents R Us???
    Close. Probably Brake Bros.

https://www.brake.co.uk/products/meal-solutions/savoury-products/buffet-sharers/vegetable-vegetarian-heat-to-eat/f34231-2-party-vol-au-vent-cases-30mm
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Have reluctantly enquired. Expect ‘All is fine mate’, in a couple of days. Or, if it’s imminent, expect nothing at all. If it’s off would have heard by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As long as clubs fulfil fixtures, don't break any rules about player payments and promote the EFL in the way they want they aren't bothered and never will be, it's not what they are for.

It's great to keep hounding them but they can't do anything and they don't want to.

What about the EDL, can they help?
  • Options

If you expect them to do anything you'll have a long wait.

• Options
    cabbles said:

se9addick said:

Charlton to receive a cut of the £22 million Everton get for Lookman.

Wasn’t it Karrie that negotiated the deal though?
    We’re paying Leipzig 10% of the transfer fee then and getting a new red sofa in return
    And Leipzig are sending over there top house dj to perform for the reminiscence group.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

_nam11 said:

It was, until @SDAddick Started building a consortium

Can I get in with 50p and a lb of grapes* please?
    Get in there Fumbluff.
    I am currently conducting a review of my finances and assets with a view to joining this consortium.
    That’s if they’ll have me of course.
  • Options

as it stands I'm not particularly bothered if the Aussies, or anyone else for that matter, don't have sufficient funds even for a Championship promotion push as all I want is a Club run properly, paying it's bills on time, paying anyone due money from it on time and treating staff, fans, indeed everyone with the respect they deserve and give me back a Charlton Athletic that I am proud of and proud to support whatever division we are in. Is that really too much to ask?

FUCK OFF ROLAND

Sometimes a poster hits the nail squarely on the head.
    Thankyou LargeAddick.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

*the grapes have seen better days, I was storing them in the genital hammock of an old pair of perished swimming shorts (ice white with royal blue action flash if you’re interested), turns out that wasn’t my best idea

I have a spare roll of duct tape and whatever coins I can find in the sofa to offer.

This consortium is really starting to build momentum. I feel we're close to making a serious offer.

ARE YOU WATCHING AUSTRALIA?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Is there any hope of a takeover? Feels like we desperately need it right now. I’m genuinely concerned for the future if it doesn’t happen soon.
    @Airman Brown ?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Greenie said:

What about the EDL, can they help?
    What about BDL, can he help?</blockquote

What about BDSM ? Take our minds off of it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!