Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

No offence to James Seed Airman and NLA but I will never be convinced there is a deal on the table unless WIOTIS

As you were

2298 pages

As far as this latest interest is concerned, there is no deal on the table. It’s simply an approach which was passed on to Murray by Duchatelet and has since involved discussions between lawyers. There is no “deal” and to my knowledge no “bid”.

In respect of the Aussies and the mysterious British group, the “deal on the table” was reported to be in place by the club’s official website back in February, quoting Murray. I’m not sure this has proven very reliable so far, but we live in hope!

So, basically, believe in it until WIOTOS ?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    Great a new bid coming ! Looking forward to another 1200+ posts
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

My worry is that the Aussies may have been over ambitious, attempting to put together a consortium to raise enough funds to buy the club and to fund a genuine bid for Premier League football in five years. If one or more of the consortium had to to pull out, then perhaps it is been difficult to find a replacement because of the level of funding required. [Not inside info, just idle speculation on my part].
    Whoever buys the club only needs to satisfy the EFL that they have funding in place to run the club for two years. Let’s hope these rumoured bidders have more than that.

So JS, what you're saying is that your supposed buddy, 'GM', has completely mugged you, and us, off all along?!

Utter parody quite frankly
  • Options
    My head hurts
  • Options

No offence to James Seed Airman and NLA but I will never be convinced there is a deal on the table unless WIOTIS

As you were

2298 pages

As far as this latest interest is concerned, there is no deal on the table. It’s simply an approach which was passed on to Murray by Duchatelet and has since involved discussions between lawyers. There is no “deal” and to my knowledge no “bid”.

In respect of the Aussies and the mysterious British group, the “deal on the table” was reported to be in place by the club’s official website back in February, quoting Murray. I’m not sure this has proven very reliable so far, but we live in hope!

Not me I've given up.
    I'm resigned to the fact that scrotumface will be here until next season.
    I'm convinced he'll somehow outlive me as Charlton owner, even though he's more than 40 years older than me. Feels like it's Roland forever
  • Options
    edited August 2018

JamesSeed said:

No one wants us, we don’t care.

Takeover thread has got so bad that Seed has defected back to smallwall
    Lol
    I was only half joking. It seems people keep looking in the shop window, but walk away after closer inspection.
    Except the Aussies obviously.

(And yes of course we care)
  • Options

Why don't the Aussies contact the "new" potential bidders for investment? Both parties obviously interested, we could be the richest club in EFL by Christmas :wink:

Because no one would tell them who they are.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

My worry is that the Aussies may have been over ambitious, attempting to put together a consortium to raise enough funds to buy the club and to fund a genuine bid for Premier League football in five years. If one or more of the consortium had to to pull out, then perhaps it is been difficult to find a replacement because of the level of funding required. [Not inside info, just idle speculation on my part].
    Whoever buys the club only needs to satisfy the EFL that they have funding in place to run the club for two years. Let’s hope these rumoured bidders have more than that.

So JS, what you're saying is that your supposed buddy, 'GM', has completely mugged you, and us, off all along?!

Nope. As I said, ‘ [Not inside info, just idle speculation on my part].‘
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Lol
    I was only half joking. It seems people keep looking in the shop window, but walk away after closer inspection.

Get on the blower to GM then,its friday and he will be pissed and tell you everything...then report back here as instructed
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Oggy Red said:

Croydon said:

Already prefer this new mob to the Aussies

Yep, they sound ideal.

Especially as nobody knows who they are or anything at all.

We know they are based in Bromley, are loaded and that they are based in Bromley.

That should be enough for everyone.
    If you were loaded, why on earth would you base yourself in Bromley?
    Because this time last year they weren’t millionaires and only lived in Peckham.
  • Options
    #TeamWIOTOS
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

#TeamWIOTOS

• Options
    ct_addick said:

Great a new bid coming ! Looking forward to another 1200+ posts

• Options
    I believe the Bromley interest will come to nothing because they don't have sufficient funds, and they want clear title.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

This is a Charlton forum.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Lol

Get on the blower to GM then,its friday and he will be pissed and tell you everything...then report back here as instructed
    That’s a great idea Bert! I will tell him that there are rumours that they’ve pulled out, but he’ll reply that they haven’t, and I’ll post that on here, and six people will like it, @clb74 will LOL it, and three people will reply telling me what I can do with it.
    Elfsborg won’t even believe it.

Why wouldn’t I!?
    Would it help if i LOL it also or i could help with some follow up questions
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the stuff of nightmares.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Lol

That’s a great idea Bert! I will tell him that there are rumours that they’ve pulled out, but he’ll reply that they haven’t, and I’ll post that on here, and six people will like it, @clb74 will LOL it, and three people will reply telling me what I can do with it.

Why wouldn’t I!?
    Would it help if i LOL it also or i could help with some follow up questions
  • Options
    clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Lol

Why wouldn’t I!?
    I dare not like I might upset someone
    Nothing wrong with a like to a post. Overactive imagination aside.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    JamesSeed said:

It's the stuff of nightmares.

Oh diddums.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Nope. As I said, ‘ [Not inside info, just idle speculation on my part].‘
    Mr Seed, you are the Aussies version of Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf...... albeit a very very nice version :-) (must be the Millwall links) :smile:
  • Options
    Urgh it's so depressing. A takeover felt close, but now the Aussies have gone quiet, the club have gone quiet and despite rumours of other interest it now feels like we are back to square one. The only thing that I feel slightly happy about is that this must be pissing Roland off too. He has decided he wants out, yet despite some ridiculous cost cutting measures, he will still be losing money hand over fist. But, the longer he holds on, the harder it is on the club and the fans. Surely there must come a point when he realises that holding out for a more than optimistic figure is only going to cost him more money in the end?
  • Options

Urgh it's so depressing. A takeover felt close, but now the Aussies have gone quiet, the club have gone quiet and despite rumours of other interest it now feels like we are back to square one. The only thing that I feel slightly happy about is that this must be pissing Roland off too. He has decided he wants out, yet despite some ridiculous cost cutting measures, he will still be losing money hand over fist. But, the longer he holds on, the harder it is on the club and the fans. Surely there must come a point when he realises that holding out for a more than optimistic figure is only going to cost him more money in the end?

You'd think so but the worrying thing is RD's probably offsetting these losses against the rest of his profit making empire.

He will no doubt be feeling the sting of having to keep on pumping money in once the August window closes but if it's outweighed by an overall Staprix profit he'll probably hold on until he gets the price he wants.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!