Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Heard about ‘new’ bidders a few weeks back, but as Murray is supposed to be involved in a separate Brit bid I can’t see he’d be helping anyone, least of all Varney, if indeed he is involved.
    Of course none of this is 100% info as far as I’m concerned, not unless they announce themselves, or the club acknowledges them publicly.
    No idea what the Aussies are up to at the moment.

No question of Murray helping Varney or vice versa. Varney isn’t involved, but he does have an interest in seeing the club in better hands which is why he passed the contact on. It was Duchatelet who then involved Murray.
    I’d love to know exactly how many separate entities have looked at Charlton with a view to buying, over the last two or three years.
    I wonder what’s putting them off :-)
    This thread!!
    Didn’t Henry point out a new member called something like @downunder joined about six months ago?
  • Options

Come on Airman. What you heard ?

There is a new interested party who contacted Varney and from there was put on to the club more than a month ago. PV isn’t going to tell me who that is, but he has said they are credible. My understanding is they have been talking to Murray and have also started due diligence of their own, but whether that relates to the above or not I can’t say.
    Talking to Murray ? I'd rather hear that they were talking to the Belgians
    Probably tried talking to them and they didn't make sense.
  • Options

I wonder why Peter Varney was the point of contact for this new group ? Implies to me that it’s a group within PV’s sphere of influence. Would lead to the obvious conclusion that the interest is Middle Eastern ?

Perhaps they wanted some billboards about leaving The Valley!
  • Options

Sounds promising let the games commence someone with the full intention of getting this over the line hopefully this time

You heard something too @nth london addick ?
  • Options
    Page 2210 it is then
  • Options
    Just 12 months to go
  • Options
    According to my contact at Asda the hold up is all about clean title with the Aussies not willing to roll over the Director's loans .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

According to my contact at Asda the hold up is all about clean title with the Aussies not willing to roll over the Director's loans .

was it George?
    The trolley collector ?
  • Options

Sounds promising let the games commence someone with the full intention of getting this over the line hopefully this time

You heard something too @nth london addick ?
    Nope nothing here in nth London
  • Options
    If it’s a Varney introduction then I’d have a lot more faith in this one than the Australian bid.
    Varney won’t sell us down the river with a load of wasters.
    Question is will Roland cut his nose off to spite his face? He’s not likely to be Varneys biggest fan after all the letters last year
  • Options
    From what I can gather people are running away with the Varney connection.
    Now imagine the new interested party is a letter received by Varney incorrectly as a former tenant. Instead of shoving it back in the post box with 'return to sender' scrawled across the envelope he has forwarded it on to his former domicile and probably had a bit of a moan for not setting up one of those 6 month redirects. He may have tried to steam the letter open for a quick look before gluing it shut again, or even held it up to a light, but that we will never know. Hope that clarifies things.
  • Options
    That went straight to trash as it referenced the Scunthorpe game and they had the Avast set to “over zealous”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CafcSCP said:

CafcSCP said:

If it’s a Varney introduction then I’d have a lot more faith in this one than the Australian bid.

I might be wrong (I’m sure someone will correct me) but Varney introduced and brokered the Spiv (Jimenez / Slater) consortium to the Club.

Didn’t they sign loads of players including Yann, get us in the championship with a record number of points and although take us close to administration leave Roly with a squad, that could, with tweaking have challenged.
    He screwed it.
    They gambled on getting us in the prem rapido, but didn’t quite pull it off.
    If they had then they wouldn’t have needed to bail out.
    dont think a number of local businesses would see it that way
  • Options

There is a new interested party who contacted Varney and from there was put on to the club more than a month ago. PV isn’t going to tell me who that is, but he has said they are credible. My understanding is they have been talking to Murray and have also started due diligence of their own, but whether that relates to the above or not I can’t say.
    Surprised Murray gave them the time of day if Varney had any sort of involvement?
    His involvement was to redirect them to the club, so not really a factor, but don’t underestimate Murray’s appetite to be part of the next regime.
    CafcSCP said:

Question is will Roland cut his nose off to spite his face? He’s not likely to be Varneys biggest fan after all the letters last year

Surprised Murray gave them the time of day if Varney had any sort of involvement?
    His involvement was to redirect them to the club, so not really a factor, but don’t underestimate Murray’s appetite to be part of the next regime.
    I have lost track of this thread a little in recent weeks but wasn’t it a month or so ago that someone posted about Salako having mentioned prospective owners with very deep pockets and a plan to move us to a new stadium, any link @Airman Brown or don’t you know enough about them?
  • Options

CafcSCP said:

I have lost track of this thread a little in recent weeks but wasn’t it a month or so ago that someone posted about Salako having mentioned prospective owners with very deep pockets and a plan to move us to a new stadium, any link @Airman Brown or don’t you know enough about them?
    Sounds like top-class rumour material here
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

CafcSCP said:

I might be wrong (I’m sure someone will correct me) but Varney introduced and brokered the Spiv (Jimenez / Slater) consortium to the Club.

Didn’t they sign loads of players including Yann, get us in the championship with a record number of points and although take us close to administration leave Roly with a squad, that could, with tweaking have challenged.
    He screwed it.
    They gambled on getting us in the prem rapido, but didn’t quite pull it off.
    If they had then they wouldn’t have needed to bail out.
    I think most if not all the new signings were funded by the sale of Jenkinson to Arsenal once we got to the Championship the plug was pulled financially and SCP over-achieved in his first season in the championship with a late run of form - in no way did they gamble on getting us to the prem rapido
  • Options
    So, no evidence exists of a rival bid, then.

Something usually trickles down to a number of those here with contacts around the club, but instead we have silence.

Does anyone have that tumbleweed GIF?
  • Options

CafcSCP said:

I think he was also keen for Gold and Sullivan to buy us.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!