Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

If the Australian’s have “gone” and I’m not saying they havn’t. Surely the club ought to be making an announcement. The only reason I can see not is if CAFC are preferring to say nothing in order to gain leverage on any other lunatic interested parties.

Agreed, but surely the Aussies would put out a statement if it was definitely off ?
    Or they say nothing and switch attention to buying another club. Can't see it would be down to them to announce it, would be the club surely and can't see them announcing it either as it gives them the chance to pretend The Aussies are still in the game to any other bidders.
    That would be fraud.
    Be no different to the British bid?
  • edited August 2018
    If it was off, one side or the other would be saying so, if not both.
    It may well be that it’s not looking good....... but we can only “assume” that things have been left open whilst any number of problems/scenarios can be sorted out.
    I’m guessing the Ozzie’s have gone away until further finance is forthcoming but haven’t declared they have walked completely, could it be that monies have already been promised but that it’s not yet available?
    My hope/guess, is that Usmanov (spelling?), is still in the frame and just waiting for other developments to unravel before he stumps up.
    All guesswork of course but entirely possible .......and at least perfectly feasible.
  • JamesSeed said:

If the Australian’s have “gone” and I’m not saying they havn’t. Surely the club ought to be making an announcement. The only reason I can see not is if CAFC are preferring to say nothing in order to gain leverage on any other lunatic interested parties.

Agreed, but surely the Aussies would put out a statement if it was definitely off ?
    It isn’t off.
    doesn't really matter anymore. They really can affect this season now until January & by then the season is half way done and buying players in January usually means inflated prices as selling clubs know you're desperate (and in this case maybe having money)

Also RD can't do much more damage. Once we get past Aug 31st RD can't get rid of any players & currently its only to foreign teams anyway......only really Bauer now would attract interest from overseas.
    Yes, but the damage to my sanity in the next few months matters to me :smile:
  • JamesSeed said:

It isn’t off.
    doesn't really matter anymore. They really can affect this season now until January & by then the season is half way done and buying players in January usually means inflated prices as selling clubs know you're desperate (and in this case maybe having money)

Also RD can't do much more damage. Once we get past Aug 31st RD can't get rid of any players & currently its only to foreign teams anyway......only really Bauer now would attract interest from overseas.
    Yes, but the damage to my sanity in the next few months matters to me :smile:
    Well at least it is doubtful that he can get rid of Fosu, Pearce , Clarke and Reeves so things can only get better when they are fit.
  • Problem is the consortium is too dominated by middle aged men who like to take their time on a prpblem
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

It isn’t off.
    Jim. how do you know, it isn't off ?
    Well unless something has changed since Saturday?

Golfie’s about right with his assessment above though.
    I’m never going to know why there are delays, because they won’t tell me. But they will confirm it’s still on when I harass them yet again ;-)

Can’t do that on a daily basis though.
    Basically Jimbo, GM’s replies to your repeated question appears exactly the same as when Mrs AFKA repeatedly asks me over months “am I going to sort out the shed?”.

It is going to happen. But it won’t be today. And it probably won’t be this week.
    Sort your shed out.
  • Sponsored links:

• The sooner the better for the takeover regardless of transfer windows

If it happens now that gives Bowyer a little time to either loan or loan with a view to sign permanently four players of greater quality that Duchatelet will allow.

It means Bowyer can be appointed full time manager.

It means that Bowyer and Gallen can start planning properly for the next window.

It means work can re-start, after a two year break, on the training ground.

It means the water and breakfasts can be restored to the academy players.

It means repairs and maintenance can be carried out at the Valley.

It means basic cleaning can be done at the Valley.

It means vacant positions can be filled and proper senior management recruitment at the Valley.

It means relationships with sponsors can be rebuilt. Charlton Life might even sponsor a shirt again.

It means the club can offer new, sensible deals to Aribo and Fosu which they may want to sign if they see a future.

It means 1000 to 1500 (my estimate) boycotters might return.

It means the time, money and effort put, rightly, into protests will go towards helping the new regime, not fighting the current one.

And it means we'll have our club back.

Not necessarily alll these things (but we can hope). We don’t know what funds the new owners have and if they will do all these things, some of them or something different.

Depends on their plans and what management they install and how quickly.

If we are fortunate their plan sees a new senior management team installed with experience who may decide all these items are the way forward. They may however adopt a policy of wait and see / take soundings first.

If it happens now that gives Bowyer a little time to either loan or loan with a view to sign permanently four players of greater quality that Duchatelet will allow.

It means that Bowyer and Gallen can start planning properly for the next window.

It means vacant positions can be filled and proper senior management recruitment at the Valley.

It means relationships with sponsors can be rebuilt. Charlton Life might even sponsor a shirt again.

It means the club can offer new, sensible deals to Aribo and Fosu which they may want to sign if they see a future.

It means the time, money and effort put, rightly, into protests will go towards helping the new regime, not fighting the current one.

Not necessarily alll these things (but we can hope). We don’t know what funds the new owners have and if they will do all these things, some of them or something different.

If we are fortunate their plan sees a new senior management team installed with experience who may decide all these items are the way forward. They may however adopt a policy of wait and see / take soundings first.

Not what they told me.
  • So that's another day nearly done & another deadline day nearly gone...anyone out there know the next deadline date...;)

Cmon U (Aussie/s) Addicks...!!!

Not what they told me.
    You have discussed all these points with the Aussies ?

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

It isn’t off.

I’m never going to know why there are delays, because they won’t tell me. But they will confirm it’s still on when I harass them yet again ;-)

Basically Jimbo, GM’s replies to your repeated question appears exactly the same as when Mrs AFKA repeatedly asks me over months “am I going to sort out the shed?”.

It is going to happen. But it won’t be today. And it probably won’t be this week.
    Perfectly put sir.

Like Mrs AFKA (and please don’t tell her I said this) I have become a pest.
  • So that's another day nearly done & another deadline day nearly gone...anyone out there know the next deadline date...;)

This was the most spurious and uncorroborated of all deadline days.

As soon as Mrs AFKA gives a deadline for the shed you’ll have your answer.

• Sponsored links:

• edited August 2018
    12th April in the evening last year this thread was started LOL!

The message is crystal clear Mr D.

In the name of god GO!
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

It isn’t off.

Just tell her you'll do when she pays you the seven quid she owes you

: - )
  • 12th April in the evening last year this thread was started LOL!

In the name of god GO!

Jeez, I thought you meant me for a minute. (My missus calls me Mr D)
  • JamesSeed said:

12th April in the evening last year this thread was started LOL!

In the name of god GO!

Jeez, I thought you meant me for a minute. (My missus calls me Mr D)
    Is that D for the endearment Mr" Diddlebums" ?
  • Eh?

Used to have a few games teachers who ended up in trouble (fortunately not with me) who had that nickname or similar. Mostly been investigated now.

Not really an endearment.
  • This thread never fails to amaze me. People take unsubstantiated comments as gospel and repost at any opportunity as if this somehow gives Validity.
    All rather pathetic
  • Taxi_Lad said:

This thread never fails to amaze me. People take unsubstantiated comments as gospel and repost at any opportunity as if this somehow gives Validity.
    All rather pathetic

Says who?
  • It's Tuesday. So Van Truck for hire will be in for work.
  • Eerily quiet on here!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!