Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    As crazy as it sounds, I dont see how a bloke with £500M can afford a Championship club in this day and age though and the repeated losses that will come with it year on year on year.

(I know we ain't Championship but surely that is the aim as a minimum.)
  • Options
    edited August 2017

As crazy as it sounds, I dont see how a bloke with £500M can afford a Championship club in this day and age though and the repeated losses that will come with it year on year on year.

(I know we ain't Championship but surely that is the aim as a minimum.)

That's what he sold the company for. It's not all he has. I'm sure any sensible owner would look to develop commercial revenue better than Duchatelet and Meire have too.

Interview from last year with Muir here: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/companies/retail-wisdom-helps-good-guys-andrew-muir-come-first/news-story/6714243737b19bab59f2b359c458a44b
  • Options

Meanwhile...

Former Arsenal and England defender Tony Adams is leading a consortium which has struck an agreement to buy Crystal Palace for £200m. (Daily Star)
    Can i be the first to start a Josh Harris rumor, as he'll have some spare cash.
  • Options

Meanwhile...

Former Arsenal and England defender Tony Adams is leading a consortium which has struck an agreement to buy Crystal Palace for £200m. (Daily Star)
    Can i be the first to start a Josh Harris rumor, as he'll have some spare cash.

He wanted us first anyway :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Addickted said:

Meanwhile...

Not sure why everyone seems to think this is funny. Tony Adams is only fronting a consortium. For all we know they might have more money than Abramovich and will catapult the stripey Wankers to the very top.

If and when it all ends in tears there will be dancing in the streets of Shooters Hill but until it goes tits up it worries me.

• Options

Meanwhile...

E-I-E-I-O
  • Options

Meanwhile...

What could possibly go wrong?

If Adams can pull Caprice, could he pull this off?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Meanwhile...

Parish has confirmed this story to be bollocks
  • Options

Meanwhile...

Parish has confirmed this story to be bollocks

He comes out with enough of it himself.
  • Options
    Who needs a Boer when you can have a donkey.
  • Options

Essenden are Aussie rules football so wont be a network type deal thankfully

All their players would pass the height test, but.
  • Options

Meanwhile...

What could possibly go wrong?

Everything hopefully!

• Options
    Hmmmm - I have heard of this guy previously but he does keep a relatively low profile, he certainly is not a celebrity businessman.

However, let's be clear about something, you don't get to make the amount of cash that Muir has made without being a shrewd, hard-headed operator - that being the case it's probably pretty safe to say that he'll not be spending his last dollar on Charlton.

If something DOES happen then I wouldn't expect a massive change from the MO of RD - albeit he'd obviously bring in new operational management.

Would like to be wrong but apart from freak cases like Roman Abrahmovich or the Qataris at Man City you ain't going to find too many millionaires willing to piss money down the drain.
  • Options

Hmmmm - I have heard of this guy previously but he does keep a relatively low profile, he certainly is not a celebrity businessman.

However, let's be clear about something, you don't get to make the amount of cash that Muir has made without being a shrewd, hard-headed operator - that being the case it's probably pretty safe to say that he'll not be spending his last dollar on Charlton.

If something DOES happen then I wouldn't expect a massive change from the MO of RD - albeit he'd obviously bring in new operational management.

Would like to be wrong but apart from freak cases like Roman Abrahmovich or the Qataris at Man City you ain't going to find too many millionaires willing to piss money down the drain.

I think there are many who are willing, believing they are the ones to get it right...but few who can piss for very long!

To be fair much of the Roland issue isn't down to his willingness to spend, there has been reasonable investment. Just poorly spent money and an ineptitude and arrogance in the boardroom. Similar levels of finance with a competent board and SLT would have proved fairly successful in my opinion and doubt we'd be in L1.
    Might also be work remembering that AFC "public ambition" is to get a club back to the premier league at its quickest possibility ... completely different to RD/KM's !
  • Options
    Could the delays in completing a deal be a result of RD wanting to see where we finish this season? His price could change if we get promoted, or he might be willing to sell for less if we are in L1 for another season.

Either way it might mean at least another whole season of RD.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Could the delays in completing a deal be a result of RD wanting to see where we finish this season? His price could change if we get promoted, or he might be willing to sell for less if we are in L1 for another season.

I'm not against that actually. We have had a decent summer of recruitment, we have the manager and squad in place to finish top 6.

Changing ownership during a season is not something I am a fan of. I would hope that any deal is sorted next May as soon as our league position is finalised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CAFCTrev said:

Changing ownership during a season is not something I am a fan of.
    I get that, but I would make an exception for Roland.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

I'm not against that actually. We have had a decent summer of recruitment, we have the manager and squad in place to finish top 6.

Changing ownership during a season is not something I am a fan of. I would hope that any deal is sorted next May as soon as our league position is finalised.
    If the transfer window has closed I can't see why it would be an issue
  • Options
    Any more news on this?
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

This is the thread I keep hoping will deliver....

This is the Sistine Chapel of threads. It will take years and we'll all go mad, but we'll get there in the end.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Based on what I was told last week she has no immediate intention of stepping away from football, in fact the total opposite and looking to be more involved

that leaves two options she is either going to try and forge a career within the game away from cafc and to do that her cv would need to read a damn sight better than it does

or she is staying on at cafc

I won't say no more than that

Told ya

• Options
    Who the f is Adam Stubbs ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!