Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• milo said:

I go to the pub and see my mate Slater. Slater is in a bad way, he is skint and needs to sell his car, unfortunately he borrowed £1,800 from the bank to buy his car. I say it is okay Slater, I’ll go to the bank with you tomorrow and pay off the debt if you give me the car for nothing. Slater agrees, receives no money and hands the car over to me.

I borrow £1,800 from my savings account go to Slater’s bank and give them the £1,800. I then, for some unknown reason, put a different engine in it that makes it go even worse than it did before, I take out the red seats and replace them with slightly darker red ones, I put in new heater ducts but don’t connect them to the heating matrix, etc – this costs me £3,700. To pay for this I have to borrow from my savings account again. I have now borrowed £5,300 from my savings account.

Since I put the new engine in it is drinking far more petrol and going slower than ever, it is costing me £100 extra for every month that I keep it. I decide it is time to sell.

I find a mug who will pay me £2,000 for it, I take the £2,000 and pay it in to my savings account.

My wife then says to me - we need to get the bathroom done why is there £3,300 missing from the savings account? I then look her in the eye with a completely straight face and say don’t worry my darling I took that money and I invested it in a car and made £200. And she says to me “you are a financial genius.”

Saying 'Slater' just brought a flash back of our glorious CEO getting knocked out by Real Madrid hooligans, strange times
  • J BLOCK said:

milo said:

I go to the pub and see my mate Slater. Slater is in a bad way, he is skint and needs to sell his car, unfortunately he borrowed £1,800 from the bank to buy his car. I say it is okay Slater, I’ll go to the bank with you tomorrow and pay off the debt if you give me the car for nothing. Slater agrees, receives no money and hands the car over to me.

I borrow £1,800 from my savings account go to Slater’s bank and give them the £1,800. I then, for some unknown reason, put a different engine in it that makes it go even worse than it did before, I take out the red seats and replace them with slightly darker red ones, I put in new heater ducts but don’t connect them to the heating matrix, etc – this costs me £3,700. To pay for this I have to borrow from my savings account again. I have now borrowed £5,300 from my savings account.

Since I put the new engine in it is drinking far more petrol and going slower than ever, it is costing me £100 extra for every month that I keep it. I decide it is time to sell.

I find a mug who will pay me £2,000 for it, I take the £2,000 and pay it in to my savings account.

My wife then says to me - we need to get the bathroom done why is there £3,300 missing from the savings account? I then look her in the eye with a completely straight face and say don’t worry my darling I took that money and I invested it in a car and made £200. And she says to me “you are a financial genius.”

Saying 'Slater' just brought a flash back of our glorious CEO getting knocked out by Real Madrid hooligans, strange times
    Spanish police
  • milo said:

Brilliant
  • @milo = post of the week. Genious.

• Can I just confirm that I have no interest in all this schoolboy arguing about bloody debt etc. Please wake me up if we get a new owner, or if our Coach who I like as a person suddenly realises that playing our brave No 9 is a waste of time. As Mr Trump might say, stuff the fake news, I'm off until there is factual news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Grumpy said:

Can I just confirm that I have no interest in all this schoolboy arguing about bloody debt etc. Please wake me up if we get a new owner, or if our Coach who I like as a person suddenly realises that playing our brave No 9 is a waste of time. As Mr Trump might say, stuff the fake news, I'm off until there is factual news.

Grumpy = fact.
  • milo said:

I borrow £1,800 from my savings account
    this costs me £3,700 . To pay for this I have to borrow from my savings account again.
    I have now borrowed £5,300 from my savings account.

£1800+£3700=£5500 not £5300

Or is there something I’m missing here

Just for my mathematical ocd
  • edited December 2017

milo said:

this costs me £3,700 . To pay for this I have to borrow from my savings account again.

C'mon oohaa it's obvious, he started off with an opening cash balance of £200 in his piggy bank so in effect he only withdrew £3500, the £200 having been taken out prior to the £1800 :wink:
  • milo said:

Sold on the engine (centre forward) which was the best bit of the car and then sold the new red seats that had only just been put in the car.
  • Milo also allowed couples to score in his car when he wasn't using it. There's a video somewhere.
  • All I can make out is that Roland is not selling the club but is in fact buying Henrys House, or is it Hectors House?
  • Grumpy said:

Can I just confirm that I have no interest in all this schoolboy arguing about bloody debt etc. Please wake me up if we get a new owner, or if our Coach who I like as a person suddenly realises that playing our brave No 9 is a waste of time. As Mr Trump might say, stuff the fake news, I'm off until there is factual news.

But how will you know when there's something worth reading ?
  • I'm coming back on the 23rd
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't need to know what's going on, just wait until January. If we sell a player RD is still here, if we buy one we have a new owner.

Simples.
  • This thread might be hitting bottom.
  • milo said:

So are you looking for a plumber.
  • DOUCHER said:

I'm just saying that if the £18m debt remains and is passed on to the new owners, he would only need an offer of circa £35m to break even so anything higher would be a profit. Not that he will get that of course.

And you had the front to try and belittle me for studying economics.

Perhaps GCSE maths is what you need.
    I'm not debating with u for fear you get all emotional again - if anyone can tell me what is incorrect about my opening statement on the maths of this deal, I'd b amazed - similar to my opening statement on this thread.
  • Grumpy said:

But how will you know when there's something worth reading ?
    If its takeover related and posted by me would b a decent guide
  • I’ll be honest I’m still confused !
    £5,500 spent £2000 recouped

What am I missing here

• milo said:

I’ll be honest I’m still confused !
    £5,500 spent £2000 recouped

What am I missing here

To be fair to you I didn’t say he paid the £200 back in to his savings account.

Because I like you and you’re named after the greatest footballer that ever lived I’m going to put it in a way I know you’ll understand.

5,500 away supporters buy tickets for the fifth round of the FACup. Unfortunately, 1800 are on the football special that breaks down just after leaving St Pancreas, a further 200 are ejected from the match for breaking their football banning orders – shit I can’t work it out either.
    But I gave you an out with the Piggy Bank opening cash balance, you just can't help some people :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!