Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    I think Gerard Murphy needs to see @Grapevine49 post
  • Options
    When the mighty grapevine don’t rip your post to pieces you know that all is good in the world
  • Options
    Grapevine the Great has spoken.
  • Options

I love Grapevines posts....though I have to stop reading fairly regularly to take in what’s being said.
    I ain’t gonna suggest I always understand it all but after a bit of re-reading I manage to get most of it......I think.
    He has a great way with the written word and without doubt a fantastic insight and sympathetic understanding of the club and it’s current plight.
    Makes you wonder who Grapevine is doesn’t it? I’d love to know, if for no other reason than someday to shake his hand......as truly a fascinating character and thought provoking poster as has ever graced this forum.

Do you fancy meeting up for the Crawley game then?
  • Options

My Jack-Chi is suitably starved and ready to be let loose on Mr Seed.

Seriously though, if Muir flies back to the UK early we will all get excited again!

If he ’ever’ flies back to the UK we will all get excited again!
    Two weeks in Oz, then returns for a nice press conference, with a bit of luck.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Random though but the date I genuinely think it will happen, Thursday 14th June.

It doesn't count unless you nominate the year.

• Options

I love Grapevines posts....though I have to stop reading fairly regularly to take in what’s being said.
    I ain’t gonna suggest I always understand it all but after a bit of re-reading I manage to get most of it......I think.
    He has a great way with the written word and without doubt a fantastic insight and sympathetic understanding of the club and it’s current plight.
    Makes you wonder who Grapevine is doesn’t it? I’d love to know, if for no other reason than someday to shake his hand......as truly a fascinating character and thought provoking poster as has ever graced this forum.

Well I know he went to my old school so he must be a top, top bloke!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I reckon @Redhenry is just sorting out his top trumps....

Eh?
  • Options

Not enough fish puns for me there grapevine, couldn't you have made it rhyme a bit better too ?

Batter
  • Options
    This thread isn’t as good as the old Takeover Thread
  • Options
    Grapevine has done it again. Close the thread.
  • Options

Roan?
  • Options

Roan?
    No one at Roan called Grapevine, when I was there :smile:
  • Options
    As has been explained many times before the million a month figure is only looking at one side of the picture and is much exaggerated.
  • Options
    Just to clarify for those interested in the year of my post further up the thread, definitely not 2017, so I’m gunna have to put my neck on the line and go for 2018.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As has been explained many times before the million a month figure is only looking at one side of the picture and is much exaggerated.

If a business makes a net loss of £12m a year, that equates to a million quid a month, on average.

Although, if course, the club's revenues are significantly reduced at this time of year and the costs barely lower. So, in reality, a million quid a month is probably a huge underestimate at this time of year.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I reckon @Redhenry is just sorting out his top trumps....

Eh?
    Just hoping you were going to post something along the lines of "My richest of the rich lot have had a bid confirmed "
    But obviously not!
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Chizz said:

If a business makes a net loss of £12m a year, that equates to a million quid a month, on average.

Although, if course, the club's revenues are significantly reduced at this time of year and the costs barely lower. So, in reality, a million quid a month is probably a huge underestimate at this time of year.
    Except for the one off relegation year when Katrien shat a whole load of money up the wall we haven't list that much in a while.

The quote from Slater tat has since been repeated by Murray and Katrien was they they were some dint 1m a month. That was true but only gives one side of the picture. It's distorted by the fact that the majority revenue come in at specific points of the year either through player sales, season tickets or sponsorship.
    The club's losing money. And there's virtually no revenue coming in to the club over May or June. Do you dispute either of those facts?

If not, then it's clear that the value of the club is diminishing week by week, currently.

Further, if a buyer has agreed a fee for the club, he will have a financial disadvantage in completing sooner, rather than later.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Except for the one off relegation year when Katrien shat a whole load of money up the wall we haven't list that much in a while.

The quote from Slater tat has since been repeated by Murray and Katrien was they they were some dint 1m a month. That was true but only gives one side of the picture. It's distorted by the fact that the majority revenue come in at specific points of the year either through player sales, season tickets or sponsorship.
    The club's losing money. And there's virtually no revenue coming in to the club over May or June. Do you dispute either of those facts?

If not, then it's clear that the value if the club is diminishing week by week, currently.

Further, if a buyer has agreed a fee for the club, he will have a financial disadvantage in completing sooner, rather than later.
    They're not delaying buying the club to save money. They're not delaying buying the club at all.
  • Options
    The title of the thread "It was mañana." I suspect this will still be true in another week. Or three.
  • Options
    Hinton said:

Will this saga last as long as The Mousetrap.

Hope not, spent ages setting up and in the end it was crap.
  • Options
    So who's going to create a Lego version of the takeover thread?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!