Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

Morning folks. I survived the dinner party, although Mrs D wasn't too pleased with my late arrival. She had to delay our guests, but I just about got the food ready thirty minutes later than planned. I was also a bit knackered after cycling 106kms as training for the Prostate Cancer UK ride on first of June.
    So I'm about to sit down and write up my recollections of what was said last night (at the meeting, rather than at the dinner party).

I'm interested in the dinner party menu so if you can include that as well, I'm sick to death of all the pot noodle and pizza chat and want to hear about something a bit more sophisticated.
    No pot noodles on this occasion, although we do like to keep a pot handy for emergencies.

I made sweet potato and chorizo soup the day before (just as well), and the main course featured a Waitrose cheat: Whole boned chicken with a sunblush tomato marinade. Served that with roast potatoes, baby carrots and French beans. Nothing very fancy I'm afraid.
    While I was speaking with someone who's cousin met someone connected to the consortium, my wife was busy making raspberry fool and a very nice blueberry cheesecake type thing. Luckily enough some friends found five bottles of Pol Roget in their basement while having a clearout.
    During the dinner I got into trouble when I was caught looking at my phone.
    I've worked hard today to make up for being late. I've now been allowed out of the doghouse.

We've got some raspberry fool left if anyone wants to try some?
    Thanks for all the information James.
    The most urgent matter that arises out of all this though is how do I get hold of a serving of the raspberry fool?
    There is some left. If you were a BBC Addick (Battersea, Balham, Clapham) you'd be close enough to take advantage. Just saying.
    I'm having lunch with a CLer today, and he hasn't even mentioned it. Not doubt he'll slip it into the conversation when we're paying the bill. Should I take some with me maybe? Worried about it going off in the heat.
    Not a BBC Addick, not even close.
    BooHoo no raspberry fool for me.
    Blimey, we still have a large bowl of it still in the fridge. It was made exactly a week ago. Could it still be edible?

Ah, my GP sister-in-law has just told me the cream will have gone off :-(
    You sister in law is a Guinea Pig??

I know such a childish joke(I have had a few)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Another day gone another weekend gone another week gone

And still the aussies have not shown the money

Hmmmm

Mate.. you don’t believe they have the money and that’s fine.

Although I’m not sure how you think a purchase on this scale happens? ‘Shown the money’ to who? Us?

Nobody is going to turn up with a bag of gold sovereigns, climb the statue of Sam Bartram and wave an Australian flag
    I think the fellas scepticism is with the dragging on.

I get his views.

I would suggest the only people that actually know definitively whether the Aussies have the requisite funds are Muir and Murphy themselves, possibly their lawyers, and maybe (although not definitely) Duchatelet.

The likelihood of any of these three sources divulging the information to some bloke on Charlton Life are slim to none.

Consider:

It is definitely in the Aussies’ interest that Duchâtelet thinks they are less wealthy than they possibly are.

It is in Duchatelet’s interest that all parties involved believe they are still in the running and nothing is complete.

It is in Duchâtelet’s nature to make out like he is the good guy in all this, and that we (the naughty, ungrateful fans) should be careful what we wish for.

I don't know him from Charlton Life.
    And if I'd asked my source if they had the requisite funds I'm fairly sure he would have told me. Why wouldn't he?
    I didn't bother to ask because I assumed they have, and still do.
    I think the point is that they want enough backing to give us a chance of making it to the Premier League. I don't believe NLA's contact is right when he says they can't even raise the £35m - £45m to buy the club. The fact that one or more of their backers needed to check up on a couple of issues doesn't mean that.
    I was actually referring to NLA being told that they don’t have the funds by some source (presumably within the club).

Although my point still stands - even if your source was Muir himself, he wouldn’t divulge financial specifics or issue any more proof than saying ‘yup, we have enough money’.
    Goes without saying doesn't it?
    Well yeah, so the idea that the Aussies would ‘show the money’ (see NLA’s comment) in such a way that anyone on here would have any special insight as to what they can or can’t afford.. is unlikely.

Think you’re getting your wires crossed.. I haven’t disagreed with anything you’ve said or even referred to your posts. :smile:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

As far as I can see @JamesSeed, you have put a lot of very good information on this forum and i for one (although there are many) applaud and appreciate that. The only speculation I can see is that an announcement might have been made today, which was derived from there fact that Andrew Muir had to fly back to Australia for a couple of weeks this weekend - and even then you did place a caveat on that speculation.

As I see it, the key facts (from James) are:
    - the Aussies are 100% confident they have bought the club subject to EFL approval
    - it's lock, stock and barrel - thanks to the ex-Directotrs who wouldn't agree a lease deal
    - the papers are with the EFL for approval; no reason to think that won't be forthcoming
    - they are considering both Bowyer and Powell for the manager role

I see no reason for any concern or doubt at this stage. I am 100% confident that we are going to have new Aussie owners within a couple of days of Muir's return to the UK, at the latest.

As I've read it that's a great summary. Thank you

• Options
    FORD said:

FORD said:

Done...1pm announcement scheduled.

Excuse me...but at no point did I say it would be today. You've jumped to your own conclusions!
    Brilliant !
  • Options
    FORD said:

FORD said:

Done...1pm announcement scheduled.

Excuse me...but at no point did I say it would be today. You've jumped to your own conclusions!
    Pretty poor form Ford...
  • Options
    I’d better update the prediction thread.
    Again.
    I’ll think I’m becoming 3blokes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I reckon @Redhenry is just sorting out his top trumps....
  • Options

I don't believe I've ever had the pleasure of meeting JS yet but I have no doubt that he is an honest, genuine guy who has the best interests of our football club in his heart....and his head.

We've all read his posts since he joined CL and he usually makes a great deal of sense ( until he mentions his heritage!) so why would he share at some length, the conversation he clearly had with someone close to the investors if he thought he was being suckered ? This person wasn't someone he'd just met but an old acquaintance whose word he had no reason to disbelieve.

JS could have kept the information that was shared with him to himself....but he's not that kind of guy. He knew how desperate his fellow Lifers were for positive news , indeed straight from the horse's mouth in this instance, and he decided he could not keep this to himself.

I for one thank him. I totally believe what he has related to us on here. And it's time to give him a break as he approaches the final days of his gruelling training regime. All power to your legs, JS !

You certainly know how to make an old gal very happy !

Thanks FF, you’re too kind.

People here have been absolutely fine on the whole. We’re all going a little crazy waiting for this sale to happen, me included.

Let’s hope it’s soon.
  • Options
    It’s all back to my plaice for some raspberry fool.
  • Options

Hmmmm

Two pages worth of dross after this and I don’t get at all what’s happening. Duchâtelet says to ROT that he is looking to sell complete. That’s good.

Duchâtelet says to ROT that there are still two parties in play.

Duchâtelet is a proven liar so dispose the fact this is from the man who owns the club’s own mouth, we can’t believe him.

@JamesSeed chats to someone closely involved with a consortium which appears to contain Andre Muir and everyone gets a bit excited based on a bidder’s view.

NLA represent fairly strongly that the Aussies do not and have never had the cash to buy, until an ownership and control structure is agreed EFL can not approve.

I have a four figure sum I have failed to spend this evening on either drugs or ladies of negotiable virtue this evening, will this tip the balance. Getting even more annoyed now.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Hmmmm

Although I’m not sure how you think a purchase on this scale happens? ‘Shown the money’ to who? Us?

Nobody is going to turn up with a bag of gold sovereigns, climb the statue of Sam Bartram and wave an Australian flag

I get his views.

I would suggest the only people that actually know definitively whether the Aussies have the requisite funds are Muir and Murphy themselves, possibly their lawyers, and maybe (although not definitely) Duchatelet.

The likelihood of any of these three sources divulging the information to some bloke on Charlton Life are slim to none.

Consider:

It is definitely in the Aussies’ interest that Duchâtelet thinks they are less wealthy than they possibly are.

It is in Duchatelet’s interest that all parties involved believe they are still in the running and nothing is complete.

It is in Duchâtelet’s nature to make out like he is the good guy in all this, and that we (the naughty, ungrateful fans) should be careful what we wish for.

And if I'd asked my source if they had the requisite funds I'm fairly sure he would have told me. Why wouldn't he?
    I think the point is that they want enough backing to give us a chance of making it to the Premier League. I don't believe NLA's contact is right when he says they can't even raise the £35m - £45m to buy the club. The fact that one or more of their backers needed to check up on a couple of issues doesn't mean that.
    Maybe the two investors mentioned are two new, additional investors who add even more to the war chest.
    I never said they couldn’t raise the funds

I said at this moment in time they are yet to prove they have the funds can get the funds are willing to spend the funds required

A big difference in what you believe I am saying

Your own source told you it was awaiting sign off

And now my own source who you think you knew has told ROT the same in the interview then I rest my case 8)
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Hmmmm

I get his views.

Consider:

I was actually referring to NLA being told that they don’t have the funds by some source (presumably within the club).

Although my point still stands - even if your source was Muir himself, he wouldn’t divulge financial specifics or issue any more proof than saying ‘yup, we have enough money’.
    Goes without saying doesn't it?
    Well yeah, so the idea that the Aussies would ‘show the money’ (see NLA’s comment) in such a way that anyone on here would have any special insight as to what they can or can’t afford.. is unlikely.

Think you’re getting your wires crossed.. I haven’t disagreed with anything you’ve said or even referred to your posts. :smile:
    That is the biggest problem I have with this (and the other) thread. Why does @nth london addick source keep insisting that the Aussies don’t have the money? It’s almost as if it’s coming directly from RD’s poisonous mouth to be honest with you.

If I were a betting man I’d say that this information is coming from one of the 4 former directors (including RM) who were happy to let RD retain leasehold of the Valley and is now bitter that it didn’t happen thanks to the 3 who put their foot down.

Of course I may be wrong.
    Your wrong 4 directors never said they were happy to let RD have the leasehold and the person who is telling me the aussies have as of yet failed to show the funds is not an ex director

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Again, if RD wanted to lease the ground he could buy the ex-directors out. On his own evidence Murray would co-operate, which reduces the cost of being able to do it to £4.4m, whatever the others wanted. Add Maurice Hatter’s £1m and the cost becomes £3.4m. It is not true that a group of three can stop it, whatever RD says. Removing them would only cost £2.65m (or £2.9m even if one of them was Dave Hughes). It is small change in the bigger picture - no more than the cost of signing and paying Naby Sarr.

I honestly believe that RD does not have a handle on what is actually going on at all. Nothing he ever says has anything like the logic or detail of the above paragraph. He never seems particularly sharp or lucid in his explanations, and his arguments almost never bear even superficial scrutiny.

Is it possible that he is actually... a bit thick?
  • Options
    According to Colin Philip Aiken will be the new Chairman of Charlton. He was at the Valley yesterday.
  • Options
    Who he?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

According to Colin Philip Aiken will be the new Chairman of Charlton. He was at the Valley yesterday.

He’s the Chairman if Balfour Beatty.

This surely means that part of their plan is to construct something at the site of the Valley and build us a new stadium on the peninsular?!?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Aiken
  • Options

Promote removed, and the dogs are not getting fed this weekend. Be afraid @JamesSeed

That is every CL dog and includes my little Jack-Chi JJ! :smile:
  • Options
    Not that he can always be believed but RD says that negotiations for a sale have been going on since the start of last season ie summer 2017.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Hmmmm

I get his views.

Consider:

Maybe the two investors mentioned are two new, additional investors who add even more to the war chest.
    I never said they couldn’t raise the funds

I said at this moment in time they are yet to prove they have the funds can get the funds are willing to spend the funds required

A big difference in what you believe I am saying

Your own source told you it was awaiting sign off

And now my own source who you think you knew has told ROT the same in the interview then I rest my case 8)
    To be fair you said "they don't have the money"

You've clarified that now.

I think they have the money and have put it down on the table.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

He’s the Chairman if Balfour Beatty.

This surely means that part of their plan is to construct something at the site of the Valley and build us a new stadium on the peninsular?!?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Aiken
    Although I think it is important that this info has come from King Wum Bexley.
  • Options
    I asked a friend, who lives close to Melbourne, to find some info on Muir and Essendon. Essendon does not own their ground, but they were involved in a performance enhancing drug scandal a while ago, it didnt involve Muir, only the coach and trainer, they are all squeaky clean now.......but very hush hush.

Only Info on Muir - which may or may not be helpful, is below, as I received it.....

I am the Founder and Director of The Good Foundation, a Board Director for Essendon Football Club, Co-Founder of Best Friends Pet Care and Founder of Momatu.

I was CEO of The Good Guys from 1993 to 2005, and the group’s Executive Chairman between the years of 2005 and 2016. My formative years were spent working on the shop floor of my father’s retail business, Mighty Muir’s, whilst I studied economics and financial management. After graduating from university, I worked at Coopers and Lybrand for three and a half years before moving back into the family business as the financial accountant. When I took over as CEO of Mighty Muirs in 1993, I renamed the business to The Good Guys. During my 12 years in this role, I led the company through a period of rapid growth and developed The Good Guys iconic brand to be one of Australia's leading consumer household appliances and electronics retailers.

In 2016, JB Hi-Fi acquired The Good Guys (64 years after it was founded by my father) and it was then that I stepped away from my duties as Executive Chairman.

I am the Co-Founder of Best Friends Pet Care, a retail business I launched after identifying a gap in the market for a pet care brand that catered to all the needs of the modern pet owner. Today there are 27 Best Friends Pet Care centres across Australia that offer everything pet related under the one roof, with an onsite veterinarian, grooming service and puppy school in every store.

In 2016 I founded Momatu, a first of its kind free digital timeline tool (available on desktop and as an app) that is set to change the way we document, protect and enjoy life’s most precious moments forever.

Today, a major focus for me is my philanthropic interests. It has long been a strong belief of mine that business and its leaders have an obligation to give back to the community in meaningful ways.

Experience
    Momatu
    Founder
    Momatu
    2016 – Present (2 years)
    Momatu is a first of its kind free digital timeline tool that is set to change the way we document, protect and enjoy life’s most precious moments forever.

I was inspired to create Momatu when I started the process of documenting the history of The Good Guys and realised compiling and ordering decades of memories together in a compelling fashion would not be a simple or enjoyable task, particularly when these memories consisted of physical photos, memory cards, USBs and countless digital files.

Momatu is available in both an intuitive desktop version and mobile app, and provides users with a private space to capture or upload photos and videos, with the option to include historical events that shaped their lives, as they create and co-create rich chronological timelines.

Essendon Football Club
    Board Director
    Essendon Football Club
    March 2015 – Present (3 years 3 months)
    I am on the board of Essendon Football Club where I am the chair of the Nominations & Remuneration Committee. This follows a lifetime of barracking for the club.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!