Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited May 2018
    We have been given genuine informative information by Mr Seed. With that information and a knowledge of Muir's travel itinerary, he has speculated that he might want to get the deal announced before he jets of back to Oz for a couple of weeks. With the same information, we could speculate that the deal won't be announced at this late stage as it would probably have been announced yesterday.

If nothing happens today, this will not be a reason to doubt what we have been told. It will just be that James Seed's interpretation of what might happen was wrong, not the information behind it. We have all been speculating for an eternity and the facts he has given us can add up to different scenarios. But they remain re-assuring and positive.
  • I’ve skipped a lot of pages, why all the fish puns?
  • Chizz said:

seth plum said:

What are the times of flight departures to Australia tomorrow?
    There must be some Sherlocks on here who want to find out.
    There is a Quantas out of Heathrow at 9.15 tomorrow evening.
    Mind you, have to check in at 7.15, and also leave a couple of hours to comfortably get to the airport.
    So need to leave the Valley at 5.15pm.
    If there is no press conference by 3pm then it may not be tomorrow.
    Pure speculation on my part.

He’ll be traveling First Class, which means a chauffeured limo from anywhere in London to Heathrow, plus he wouldn’t have to check in 2 hours before departure, more like an hour or even a bit less.
    He could even get a chopper from Battersea.
    In that case, keep an eye out for one of these today...
    I assume the question was “can you redesign the bike”. It would have been better just to say “no”. No need to prove it.
  • It’s there a way this thread can be closed until something actually happens . It’s so annoying that look for the the first time today and there are 100’s of new comments. most of which are total nonsense.

@Bedsaddick don't bother with this thread if you just want news of the takeover, that's what the bitesize one is for. All of life's rich tapestry is found herein, and fish.
    Don't worry, from heron out you'll sea none of that.

Don't worry, it was a load of pollocks
  • I think I’m boycotting this thread for a while , it seems like a load of old codswallop.

Time to “stick another shrimp on the barbie” and have a read through
  • As of yesterday evening no press conference was planned at the Valley today.

Not that you need a press conference to make an announcement and a press conference can be arranged at short notice.

Qué Sera Sera.

• Sponsored links:

• We have been given genuine informative information by Mr Seed. With that information and a knowledge of Muir's travel itinerary, he has speculated that he might want to get the deal announced before he jets of back to Oz for a couple of weeks. With the same information, we could speculate that the deal won't be announced at this late stage as it would probably have been announced yesterday.

If nothing happens today, this will not be a reason to doubt what we have been told. It will just be that James Seed's interpretation of what might happen was wrong, not the information behind it. We have all been speculating for an eternity and the facts he has given us can add up to different scenarios. But they remain re-assuring and positive.

I only said it’s a possibility.
    I was just pleased that he’s coming back in two weeks.
  • 805 page and you could probably only get to about 10 pages with genuine insight and serious takeover discussion.
  • 805 page and you could probably only get to about 10 pages with genuine insight and serious takeover discussion.

10 posts more like.
  • No more fish puns please, the joke has passed. Ta

Ok minnow, sounds fair to me.
  • Colin says Muir is going home for a family celebration that has been planned for a long time.
  • edited May 2018
    Muir with Scarfy,
    ASAP
  • Beer in Australia is actually so much more than XXXX Fosters, when Inwas there in 03 they had a thriving local Craft style beer industry a bit like the Yanks. Aussies I knew wouldn’t touch that aforementioned bile.
  • So just to be clear, because I am easily confused, is it now fact that Roland has agreed a sale of CAFC to someone, and that it is now just a question of EFL approval of new owners, and just other loose ends to be sorted?
    I know I could be accused of not paying enough attention in class here, but someone else made me do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• No more fish puns please, the joke has passed. Ta

Thanks, saves me trawling for any actual takeover news...
  • 3blokes said:

So just to be clear, because I am easily confused, is it now fact that Roland has agreed a sale of CAFC to someone, and that it is now just a question of EFL approval of new owners, and just other loose ends to be sorted?
    I know I could be accused of not paying enough attention in class here, but someone else made me do it.

Pay attention fella....
  • Still refuse to believe this is actually happening until I see the Sue Parkes gif !!!
  • PWR the last 10 pages or so -

I've personally been dubious about the Aussies since it was reported that they were allegedly sniffing round for more investors, but in the last NS report it said "Muir is close to finalising a deal and News Shopper understands the Aussie will have full ownership of the Valley." does this mean that he (Muir) will be the out-right sole owner of the Club / Ground / Training ground and there is no consortium? Or is the report just reiterating that the Ground will be included in the sale, and when they say Muir, they actually mean the consortium, headed by Muir?

Very good. Popping that right in the middle where you thought no one would notice.
  • On the one hand the takeover is close on the other hand Roland appointing staff to run the gaff is close.
    Very easy to think we are being played. Our desperation is our weakness and we cling to rafts made of straw.
    It puts me in mind of us being a dog that goes scurrying after the ball but it is a pretend throw.
  • I've really set myself up for the takeover happening today. If it doesn't- and now I don't think it will - I think I will burst and self combust.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!