Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Solidgone said:

ross1 said:

Knowing RD, he will probably sell in the last week of the summer transfer period or just after it has closed, so we will not have time to bring in new players. That will be his farewell gift to us

Do you know RD? :0)
    I know about as much as most, which is too much :wink:
  • Options
    No CEO, no CFO, soon no manager and then NFI.

• Options
    Well please go forth and multiply asap then you old scrote..........Not you Neil Twoshats I mean of course :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Make of this what you will..

Roger Rose

@RogerFairtree
    17m17 minutes ago
    More
    It’s time! RD has had the paperwork finalised, and on September the 1st 2018 he will no longer be the owner of #cafc more to follow in regards to the next owner to follow shortly. Questions are welcomed. RR

Known fake account. Ignore.
    120 followers...ridiculous and 1st September - crazy date - trolling for comments
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    1st September chosen deliberately to provoke hysteria. Must try harder.
  • Options
    Yeah so he gets the paperwork completed and waits five and a half months.
  • Options
    Sometimes I really hate the internet
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

J BLOCK said:

Make of this what you will..

Roger Rose

@RogerFairtree
    17m17 minutes ago
    More
    It’s time! RD has had the paperwork finalised, and on September the 1st 2018 he will no longer be the owner of #cafc more to follow in regards to the next owner to follow shortly. Questions are welcomed. RR

Known fake account. Ignore.
    120 followers...ridiculous and 1st September - crazy date - trolling for comments
    All it says it that on Sept 1st RD will not be our owner, it didn't say that was when the takeover would be completed.......he may not be our owner on June 1st as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Roland said in an interview in Belgium that the dissent from the fans made the project unsustainable, or words to that effect.

There's no doubt that the protests have swung this and saved us from becoming a St Truiden. Now we just need to get it over the line.

COYR. Nearly there.

Well that is almost certainly true, but what is the biggest factor here is the ability of people to find an excuse, any excuse. The reason the project failed was due to his own failings, but it is easier to blame somebody else. Duchatelet has already shown that he rewrites history to suit his position, like when he told Belgian media that Riga saved us from relegation with the players he brought in. I think many of us have picked up that he has some form of mental illness which if it were not so damaging to the club we love, we might show some sympathy towards.
  • Options
    KINSELLA7 said:

Understandably and because Charlton means so much to many supporters (including myself) we are inclined to guess at RD's motives and actions based on the mistaken view that he thinks about Charlton much. In fact he was only ever going to sell when he got bored with the idea, peripheral though it was, totally regardless of Card, protests results etc. The little nudge to get on and sell came with Katrien's departure. It is now down to having some games with buyers so that he can leave with that small satisfaction of getting a decent deal for himself. He may now be coming bored even with that and hopefully we will then get a result.

So I guess all the pressure that was put on Meire by the fans was probably at least a part of what made her want to leave, and as a result, made Roland want to sell. Therefore the protests did work, regardless of what the doubters say. Let's hope this business doesn't drag on for too much longer, it's been a few years since I visited The Valley and I'm desperate to return.
  • Options
    Of course Meire could have played the fans better, but she had two things that prevented her doing this. She was employed by Duchatelet and whether this was because or why, she sucked up to everything he said, and she had a complete arrogance in the way she communicated. I put this down to the inexperience of youth more than her being a bad person - I think to bring everybody with you requires emotional intelligence more than academic intelligence. She wanted to take the we know so much more than them line when something more concialiatory would have much greater impact, even if the actions behind it were the same.

But of course, ultimately the problem was we could see the plan was going to end in failure quite early on. That is because when you support a football club for decades you do sort of pick these things up.
  • Options

Roland said in an interview in Belgium that the dissent from the fans made the project unsustainable, or words to that effect.

There's no doubt that the protests have swung this and saved us from becoming a St Truiden. Now we just need to get it over the line.

COYR. Nearly there.

Well that is almost certainly true, but what is the biggest factor here is the ability of people to find an excuse, any excuse. The reason the project failed was due to his own failings, but it is easier to blame somebody else. Duchatelet has already shown that he rewrites history to suit his position, like when he told Belgian media that Riga saved us from relegation with the players he brought in. I think many of us have picked up that he has some form of mental illness which if it were not so damaging to the club we love, we might show some sympathy towards.
    I think this is largely true - but there is another factor. The football powers moved the goalposts on FFP - so the financial fairplay limits changed and this affected his financial model (which was probably already flawed) but, I think, the changes made his forecasts redundant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair enough, but you always have to react to what is happening around you.
  • Options
  • Options
    Scoham said:

26 points in his last 13 games

• Options
    edited March 2018
    No tweets today from CAFC account. Mnnnn are they busy preparing other news?
  • Options
    Lazy journalism if you ask me.
  • Options
    Crispy said:
    Okay, that news is a week old now.

But no smoke without fire. It seems Karl desperately wants out ; everything is unsettled and turning to ratshit behind the scenes.
    Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on these days - and if he wants to go, just let him go.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    So Karl has done a good job and there will be no shortage of offers for him?
    I need to read the news more often, because I didn't know either of those things.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!